Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glitches with Caravans?  (Read 961 times)

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
Glitches with Caravans?
« on: December 05, 2015, 01:28:21 am »

In .42 recently I have been having loads of fun, but I am having a few problems. I started in a large forest and started carving out my fortress below. After making the rooms and work spaces I saw that it was the time of the year the caravan would show up so I made crafts.

It did show up eventually, On fire.

The liason arrived first, and he was perfectly fine, and approached the leader and did his usually speech, but the first pack animal that arrived was a flaming two humped camel. It quickly realized the that this was not it's natural state and panicked, ran around lighting the forest on fire. as the other pack animals loaded in, so it decided to run towards them, spreading the fire to those pack animals. this was treated as an ambush and they caravan left, with the only remains being a flaming camel corpse, a entire forest burned to cinders, and the mountain homes probably hating me for having a caravan burn down.

Well, anyway has anyone else gotten this? I was in a fairly average enviroment, Warm Coniferous forest, no aquifer, etc. Also post any interesting things merchants of visitors have done for you while your at it.  :)
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Glitches with Caravans?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 01:44:45 am »

That's weird, but awesome in a bad kind of way. :)

The most unusual thing I've seen a caravan do was back around the .34 days. On a few occasions as soon as the wagons entered the map they bolted at super speed to the depot. I think even faster than bolts fly through the air. The ones with just a pack animal moved at normal speed.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glitches with Caravans?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 01:49:10 am »

I do n't really know about bay, but  some peoples in rus community had this bug. Moreover, one of them understand that it meant. He had all his embark dorfs in flames and deside that bug relative to embark items. After some try we know that ROCK POWDER cause bug because of realy low auto-flaming temperature. So if you ask caravan to get it for you, you guaranted has it in flames.