Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make use of mercenaries?  (Read 4363 times)

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to make use of mercenaries?
« on: December 05, 2015, 02:47:59 am »

Okay, so I have like seven mercenaries who are living in my fortress now. They are all part of something called Siegepage, I'm assuming it's somesort of group or location, but I can't find any way to actually interact with it so I can giv orders or something. I was assuming this worked like a military squad, but I don't know anymore.

heuristicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make use of mercenaries?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 03:06:59 am »

If they've joined your civilisation via petition, you should be able to assign them to military squads. I wasn't able to appoint a mercenary as my militia commander, though, so I'm not sure you can have a pure mercenary army.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 05:41:31 am »

If they've joined your civilisation via petition, you should be able to assign them to military squads. I wasn't able to appoint a mercenary as my militia commander, though, so I'm not sure you can have a pure mercenary army.

Yep. You still need a militia commander to use them.
Which is too bad... I really hoped I could just tell them to explore the caverns themselves and let the AI path around until they decided they wanted to come back in, as if they were hunting monsters for sport.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:00:19 am »

Yep. You still need a militia commander to use them.
Which is too bad... I really hoped I could just tell them to explore the caverns themselves and let the AI path around until they decided they wanted to come back in, as if they were hunting monsters for sport.
That's monster hunters. A different occupation to mercenaries. They're around somewhere.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 08:39:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My mistake then. I assumed they were the same occupation.

I've had the two caverns unlocked for quite a few years and not a single one has shown up. I wonder if I need to do something else to actually cause them to ask to hunt... do the caverns need to be completely unlocked? As in, do I need to remove the walls and unlock the doors?