Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFhack commamnds  (Read 2111 times)

bodovix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DFhack commamnds
« on: December 05, 2015, 07:25:24 am »

maybe in the wrong section, new to the forum.. /*moved from wrong section*/
with dfhack; is there a easier way to figure out the commands for the scripts?

specifically im trying to cure my cave adapted dwarfs and force a siege to end  the 'fellowship of bunnies' style, (love the generated names btw.)
i have the right scripts in the hack scripts folder but the'rs no info on the commands or their proper syntax to make them work. iv looked at the code and haven't been able to successfully figure it out threw that.
am i missing something obvious? i suspect this is the case...
or is there a good sorce out there that explains the commands... there totally should be :) or at least a comment section in the code that explains how to use them would be good?
any help appreciated,
bodovix
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:11:06 am by bodovix »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: DFhack commamnds
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 07:30:19 am »

maybe in the wrong section, new to the forum..

It is. But fear not! You can move it from an option to the bottom left. This board is the one you want:

Utilities and 3rd Party Applications

I also suggest having a glance through the DFHack thread (on the same board) and asking there as well if no-one notices your thread.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 01:19:42 pm »

What DFHack version are you using? In 0.40.24-r5, there should be documentation at the top of hack/scripts/adaptation.rb.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

bodovix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 05:28:12 pm »

thanks, got adaptation working, (wrong syntax)
 after looking into it i think force siege is too old for this version? 0.40.24 starter pack r16.
as a work around im just going to take out all trade caravans/diplomats until other SIVs siege me, goblins every 3 years inst 'fun' enough
 :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 05:29:45 pm »

Yeah, the old method for forcing sieges hasn't worked since 0.40.01 was released.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 06:59:16 pm »

I've also had a problem finding the commands I want..more user friendly locations for documentation would be great as would a clearer wiki page

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 10:19:22 pm »

If you have specific suggestions for improving https://dfhack.readthedocs.org I'd love to hear them, it's hard to tell what works without feedback!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

bodovix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 06:08:25 am »

^that clears up quite a lot of them, good source!!^
thanks,

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 07:25:41 pm »

maybe in the wrong section, new to the forum.. /*moved from wrong section*/
with dfhack; is there a easier way to figure out the commands for the scripts?

specifically im trying to cure my cave adapted dwarfs and force a siege to end  the 'fellowship of bunnies' style, (love the generated names btw.)
i have the right scripts in the hack scripts folder but the'rs no info on the commands or their proper syntax to make them work. iv looked at the code and haven't been able to successfully figure it out threw that.
am i missing something obvious? i suspect this is the case...
or is there a good sorce out there that explains the commands... there totally should be :) or at least a comment section in the code that explains how to use them would be good?
any help appreciated,
bodovix

ok, so what i do if i use dfhack to embark over a necro tower, i use (type this in the command window for windows)
exterminate
(list of creatures that are on the map,)
exterminate undead (substitute undead with what ever on the list you wanna be rid of on the map, the creatures will then basically spontaneously combust into flames, and they are gone, and all that is left is smoke, great for clearing up lag) (leaves behind any gear/clothing they had, so thats good)
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic