Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.02 Released  (Read 39690 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.02 Released
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2015, 06:20:13 pm »

A variable cap would make sense, though.... I doubt Toady would just multiply every mount pop by 100.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 06:27:50 pm »

That's not a multiplication by 100, that's a bug. Not percents, but probably reproducing so much they hit a cap. Likely came from the fix to goblins eating their beak dogs to extinction: dwarves don't use mounts, but horses are technically mounts.

Idea: remove [MOUNT] from horses, or duplicate and remove [MOUNT] and give to dwarves. See if they spread like mad. Profit.
Percents were a joke.

Try rather using [MOUNT] on kobolds so snatchers may return triumfially.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2015, 08:53:09 pm »

Anyone else having this bug with military units?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They'll only ever equip a weapon and shield, no matter the uniform settings. They will no longer ever replace their clothes with real armour, and forcing equipment pickups does nothing. The only way I've gotten anyone to put on a breastplate was individually assigning an Artifact breastplate to a militia commander.
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2015, 09:24:24 pm »

Yeah, it's reported and should be fixed for next time, hopefully.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2015, 05:59:11 am »

It seems the game always crashes when creating a new world (based on four tries) with high amount of civilizations and/or sites. I didn't try the previous version at all as I was waiting for the inevitable fixed version after the initial release. Creating a world with medium amount of those worked ok.

Still, yay for the new release! 

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2015, 01:29:27 pm »

I've fixed one world gen crash for next time that would be impacted by the number of artists running around.  Hopefully that'll get us up to an acceptable level of stability there, but we'll have to see how other computers react.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2015, 06:58:26 pm »

Any ETA on .03? The military bugfix feels like waiting for the second coming of Jesus
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2015, 07:17:03 pm »

That's mostly just for the new armor problem, not for outstanding old stuff, though I did a little thing with shaped item conflicts that was old.  So it's not that big a deal, unless it was the new bug that was bothering you.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2015, 07:20:26 pm »

That's mostly just for the new armor problem, not for outstanding old stuff, though I did a little thing with shaped item conflicts that was old.  So it's not that big a deal, unless it was the new bug that was bothering you.

Yep it's the new bug I was thinking about :P
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2015, 07:23:01 pm »

What about all of those horses?Every single site feels like a dark pit with all the lag they cause.  :P
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2015, 07:32:03 pm »

Yeah, that's handled, and one case of playable horses, though I have no idea what's up with playable dogs/donkeys yet.  Next release will probably be Saturdayish.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 06:28:21 am »

Here's an AppCrashView of another worldgen crash.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2015, 11:05:58 am »

Are fistfights supposed to be crimes? Right now they seem to be ignored by the justice system. Is this intentional? Asking because I don't want to make a bug report about something that might be a temporary feature.
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2015, 11:31:14 am »

Are fistfights supposed to be crimes? Right now they seem to be ignored by the justice system. Is this intentional? Asking because I don't want to make a bug report about something that might be a temporary feature.
DF wiki doesn't list fistfights as a crime, unless they are caused by tantruming dwarves. If you are not sure something is a bug, go report it. In the worse case you will be sent to Suggestions section of this forum.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2015, 01:36:25 pm »

Thank you 245^231022222 times Toady.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5