Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHO SHALL BE ELECTED AS BARON or BARONESS? LINK TO DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1rYwMDL

Ilre Obeycarry
- 0 (0%)
Shud Rubbedmoisten
- 0 (0%)
Thrun Nestleshields
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort  (Read 44144 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: YEAR TEN - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.06
« Reply #345 on: May 03, 2016, 07:17:53 pm »

But what if the first to hit legendary weapons does so with warhammers or the like? Or, even worse, if Onyx becomes legendary in the use of shields as deathness items before anybody else becomes legendary?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 03, 2016, 07:32:35 pm »

But what if the first to hit legendary weapons does so with warhammers or the like? Or, even worse, if Onyx becomes legendary in the use of shields as deathness items before anybody else becomes legendary?

This is a valid point.

We do have a weapon and armor smith now that is able to make masterwork items with reasonable frequency. I suppose we could make them a helm or whatnot.

I'm starting to think Onyx might become an invincible death machine despite all attempts to the contrary. I'm sending her out tomorrow to fight 4 FB's. If that fails, she will have earned a place in life.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2016, 09:59:37 pm »

This is a valid point.

We do have a weapon and armor smith now that is able to make masterwork items with reasonable frequency. I suppose we could make them a helm or whatnot.

I'm starting to think Onyx might become an invincible death machine despite all attempts to the contrary. I'm sending her out tomorrow to fight 4 FB's. If that fails, she will have earned a place in life.
I almost pity her, sending a random innocent to her death repeatedly.  Okay, the feeling has passed.  More gruesome awful sticky death please.
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 04, 2016, 07:03:26 am »

This is a valid point.

I almost pity her, sending a random innocent to her death repeatedly.  Okay, the feeling has passed.  More gruesome awful sticky death please.

Just decided to take a look at Onyx's sig; I feel like there must have been more distractions than just that. Have there?

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 04, 2016, 09:25:20 am »

This is a valid point.

Just decided to take a look at Onyx's sig; I feel like there must have been more distractions than just that. Have there?
Other than possibly the doctors dealing with a mere flesh wound, no.  The forgotten beasts are coming up.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 04, 2016, 01:13:22 pm »

Onyx came in after all 5 goblin sieges, sadly.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 04, 2016, 02:09:04 pm »

Onyx came in after all 5 goblin sieges, sadly.
For a moment I thought you meant that she died.  Then I remembered that she didn't get to participate in any.  Shame on you, getting my hopes up scaring me like that.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 04, 2016, 05:26:27 pm »

Construction continues on the final z-level of the main wall, and citizens are moving into their new homes in the housing block.

I think I need to get some families forcibly makin' babies. The old LOVE SHACK was torn down to make room for a new forgeworks. I think we will use tavern rooms from here on out...

Also:
Spoiler: Is no big deal (click to show/hide)

More at next update.

::EDIT::
OH we also opened up a sand-gathering pit and a clay-gathering pit. Glass windows shall be had, and roofs will be tiled in clay for we are a wealthy city.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:15:39 pm by Dunamisdeos »

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 04, 2016, 05:59:53 pm »

Construction continues on the final z-level of the main wall, and citizens are moving into their new homes in the housing block.

I think I need to get some families forcibly makin' babies. The old LOVE SHACK was torn down to make room for a new forgeworks. I think we will use tavern rooms from here on out...

Also:

More at next update.

Yes, Blood for Greatjon!!!!
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 04, 2016, 07:26:41 pm »

Also:

More at next update.

::EDIT::
OH we also opened up a sand-gathering pit and a clay-gathering pit. Glass windows shall be had, and roofs will be tiled in clay for we are a wealthy city.

Looks to me like a good time to add a little something to a certain someone's sig.  :D

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 04, 2016, 10:04:47 pm »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I would have suggested we have Onyx make a baby and then have the baby take her stead when she dies.  Looks like we won't have the time for that.  Maybe if she survives four forgotten beasts, then we'll reward her with a husband.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 06, 2016, 06:03:37 pm »

~THE BATTLE OF YEAR TEN, AND THE FATE OF ONYX LEARNMOUTH~

GOBLINS: 10/10 dead
BLAZECOOKS: One death, and minor injuries.

The battle of year 10 was barely a siege, with the goblins sending only 10 soldiers (albeit well-equipped and skilled soldiers) to BLAZECOOKS. Some citizens were caught outside, so rather than use anything resembling tactics the entire armed forces was scrambled to the field.

Without any actual arrangements on my part, Onyx was first out the gate by quite some distance.
Spoiler: Hi-Ho, Onyx (click to show/hide)

I was pleased, since it seemed like her life's goal of glorious death by distraction was nigh. Here she is surrounded by about 8 goblins, expertly blocking every single attack. In the next frame, she has knocked out one goblin by smashing it's foot (?) and has resorted to punting goblins into the local pond to drown them amid explosions of mist.

Then, tragedy strikes! Onyx was knocked into the pool herself by a flying arrow. With no skill whatsoever in swimming, and her squadmates well behind... this was the watery end.

While the goblin squad celebrated (and nursed a large number of painful muscle and bone bruises) two squadmates showed up and engaged the goblins. Things were looking grim, as one was cruelly struck down and the other was hard pressed. Lard Imic XXIX was trundling up behind (he is quite large, and was out of breath), but the odds were stacked against them.

Spoiler:  The decisive end (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:03:07 pm by Dunamisdeos »

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 06, 2016, 08:21:31 pm »

This is acceptable. The Dark One is pleased.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 06, 2016, 08:24:29 pm »

The battle of year 10 was barely a siege, with the goblins sending only 10 soldiers (albeit well-equipped and skilled soldiers) to BLAZECOOKS. Some citizens were caught outside, so rather than use anything resembling tactics the entire armed forces was scrambled to the field.

Without any actual arrangements on my part, Onyx was first out the gate by quite some distance.

I was pleased, since it seemed like her life's goal of glorious death by distraction was nigh. Here she is surrounded by about 8 goblins, expertly blocking every single attack. In the next frame, she has knocked out one goblin by smashing it's foot (?) and has resorted to punting goblins into the local pond to drown them amid explosions of mist.

Then, tragedy strikes! Onyx was knocked into the pool herself by a flying arrow. With no skill whatsoever in swimming, and her squadmates well behind... this was the watery end.

While the goblin squad celebrated (and nursed a large number of painful muscle and bone bruises) two squadmates showed up and engaged the goblins. Things were looking grim, as one was cruelly struck down and the other was hard pressed. Lard Imic XXIX was trundling up behind (he is quite large, and was out of breath), but the odds were stacked against them.

Hey, Onyx, siege for ya.

Erin is requesting some tissue samples from Learnmouth; he wants to see if it is possible to do gene splicing in the medieval era.

"Surprised by the ferocity of The P  fessional Distraction's onslaught" indeed... we pray to Nocam son of Armok tonight, boys, in honor of his chosen herald.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 06, 2016, 08:43:40 pm »

Did Greatjon get any kills?

We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31