Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: (42.06)[The Windy Universes] Turn 10a, Terrapin | Turn 11b, Bearskie [Adv. Suc.]  (Read 32383 times)

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile

And yeah, I suppose, since we are close to being topped off with the number of players, I will start the game. I'm thinking about making a jumping spider man vigilante, with amazing climbing abilities. But I might just go with a maniac bard for right now.

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to retire each adventurer in the same place, gradually building up a harem hardened party of adventurers? Whoever manages to survive tutors the new guy.

At any rate - even if we're not getting our turn for a week or more, toss up the world save once you have it, so we can go digging around in the legends viewer for interesting people and places!

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to retire each adventurer in the same place, gradually building up a harem hardened party of adventurers? Whoever manages to survive tutors the new guy.

At any rate - even if we're not getting our turn for a week or more, toss up the world save once you have it, so we can go digging around in the legends viewer for interesting people and places!

I'll be sure to upload the save once I get to the game, and that sounds like an interesting idea, but I rather like the idea of figuring out where another person's character is. You can do it if you want to, but I don't think I'm gonna do it.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Are forts allowed in this world a-la "The Museum", so for example, if I die early or retire do we get a chance to build a fort for players to live in/adventure in?

The "DeathAngels" assassins guild will exist when I start, mark my words.
I know some tricks :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:50:14 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are forts allowed in this world a-la "The Museum", so for example, if I die early or retire do we get a chance to build a fort for players to live in/adventure in?

The "DeathAngels" assassins guild will exist when I start, mark my words.
I know some tricks :P

You either create a new character or create a fort, but once your second character dies, we go to the next person.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Ill grab an image of it from legends viewer:

really zoomed out image

Ill figure out a way to get a better one later
edit: Btw, I do like the way the world looks, I count 3 necro towers and saw a few libraries in legends. Hopefully one of them is in a human town.
It has plenty of goblin civs too, which means more angels...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:33:35 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I would like to adventure in this world as well.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to adventure in this world as well.

Added! and I will have my first post up soon :D

Ill grab an image of it from legends viewer:

really zoomed out image

Ill figure out a way to get a better one later
edit: Btw, I do like the way the world looks, I count 3 necro towers and saw a few libraries in legends. Hopefully one of them is in a human town.
It has plenty of goblin civs too, which means more angels...

Thanks for the full map, haven't really fooled around with legends too much to know how to do it :D

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bepa Speakthrifty is a dwarven poet, storyteller, and swordsmen. He hails from Bal Perad, in the Kingdom of Voices. He is a bit cowardly, but he perseveres through the cowardice to try and be a hero, mostly for wealth, and to burn down forests. He takes kindly to craftsmanship, and loves to create art.

15th of Granite, 125, 9:15am

Ahh, today is going to be a fine day! (EPIC FORESHADOWING)
I write in this journal all of my exploits during my adventure, it shall be great!
Bal has given me a task to go and kill a horror lurking within Drilledclash, a tower about half a day's worth of travel to the northeast, it is said to be haunted by corpses of the damned! Bah, a walking corpse shant be too tough to defeat, it is falling apart already anyway, right? (FORESHADOWING INTENSIFIES)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

15th of Granite, 125, 2:37pm

I stumbled upon a shrine of some sort, but as I crept closer, I heard the sound of metal scrapping against metal. As I grew even closer, I saw on the ground fallen worshipers! they were horribly mutilated, heads, arms, legs, whole torsos ripped from their conjoining parts. What could have done this?! I thought, the metal scrapping began growing louder, I started hearing low roaring around me. I was fearful, but determined... It got louder, louder, and even louder, until out of the shadows of the nearby forest came running a massive, towering bronze colossi!

I dared not try and fight it, so I ran for dear life as fast as I could out of there, I ran until I could run no longer. It was hours before I could not hear the earthshaking roars from the terrible automaton. I near the tower, tired, and frightened. Nothing could be worse than a bronze colossi, could it? (RAINBOW FORESHADOWING)

15th of Granite, 125, 10:58pm

The tower, finally!
It is dark, foreboding, and it is actually dark outside too. So that might be it. But yes, anyway, I walked towards the tower cautiously. The doors opened up... That's a lot of zombies, oh no, I did not expect THAT many. Get away! GET AWAY! ARGGHH! AHHH! (dead)

Zombies, lots of em!

My death announcements:

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have gone for a necromancer tower to begin with :D

I'll create a new character tomorrow, and if he dies too, I'll pass it off too Urlance.

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The goblin corpse punches You in the right lower leg with her left hand, fracturing the bone through the ramie robe.

See, this is why I don't like messing with zombies. If there's one thing DF necromancers have mastered, it's the art of preserving muscle tissue.

By the way, it might be a good idea to edit the OP to include links to the stories of dead (or surviving) adventurers in "The Memorial of Adventurers" and "The Hall of Not-deadness"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:36:06 am by hawkwing »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

The goblin corpse punches You in the right lower leg with her left hand, fracturing the bone through the ramie robe.

See, this is why I don't like messing with zombies. If there's one thing DF necromancers have mastered, it's the art of preserving muscle tissue.

By the way, it might be a good idea to edit the OP to include links to the stories of dead (or surviving) adventurers in "The Memorial of Adventurers" and "The Hall of Not-deadness"

and probably the world pic.
I am an indie game dev!

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happyslap, I think this is the URL you meant to link to (goes directly to your post).

You can make links like that through the URL tag, by the way:
Code: [Select]
[url=somewebsite.com]text goes here[/url]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:23:26 pm by hawkwing »

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happyslap, I think this is the URL you meant to link to (goes directly to your post).

Ahh, thanks, will put this in there.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

I'll get a better image
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher