Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: (42.06)[The Windy Universes] Turn 10a, Terrapin | Turn 11b, Bearskie [Adv. Suc.]  (Read 32728 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

I don't think so. You can't compose a poem/song about a specific topic, only in a specific style.

You can tell stories about specific things, but trying to filter for your name doesn't turn anything up. I was trying to tell the story of the forgotten beast I slayed in another save, but couldn't find any way to do so besides the classic incident report dialogue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damn. I wonder if it's possible to write a story about someone else's adventurer!? That would be interesting too!
You can choose topics when you write a book in adventure mode.

You can also select any intelligent creature you killed (for the most part) and then tell a story about how you killed them with the "tell story" dialogue option as-well.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:06:49 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, I've found out you can tell tales of your exploits by telling the story of a *site* and then choosing the event where you killed someone there.

I feel like that menu has a lot of information that probably shouldn't be known by the player... O_o

At any rate, if there's an easier way, I'd like to hear it!

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile

I think, to keep things going, we are going to go with 3 day turns if you plan on just adventuring, and a week if you plan on making a fort.

Seems like it'll work out better this way, I will probably write up rules tomorrow for those who want a fort, and those who just wanna adventure.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

noooooooo, please do 4 days at least.
I am an indie game dev!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

I dont mind 4, although I like 3.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile

noooooooo, please do 4 days at least.
I'll think about it, but 3 would make it a bit more fast paced, and we can have 2 turns done in a week instead of only 1,  though I am keeping the week long turn for those who want a fort instead, or wanna adventure and make a fort.

Basically what I'm saying is, just don't go further than 4 days, I would rather it be 3, but as long as you don't go over 4, you're fine.

Leonkr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gonna have to scratch that next adventurer
Here is the save good luck Hawkwing
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8y70iyk78g9nzk4/AABC-07oPLEfuh2gC2fmmttMa?dl=0

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is the save, good luck Hawkwing!

Been a while since I've played without a texture pack. I'll give it my best!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Here is the save, good luck Hawkwing!

Been a while since I've played without a texture pack. I'll give it my best!
May the ascii be with you.
I am an indie game dev!

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After much deliberation, my adventure as a wild boar-man hammerer begins! Tired of the dwarves of my homeland never producing properly sized clothing, I have struck out on my own. I hope to find fame, glory, and clothes made of something other than the rather insultingly named 'pig tails' my current garments are. They were all a passing trader had on hand, and I've been wearing them for too long by far.

Dwarven hospitality left much to be desired.

I am Udib Granitelands, the Crimson Tattoo. Written here is the mark I leave upon the world, and the marks it leaves on me.

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The next portion of my writeup is conning soon, but in the meanwhile I just realized that I have tusks and a tail now, and I don't know if my armor covers them.

I hope that doesn't bring me too much fun...

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

Given the size of a wild boar tail, you should be fiiiine. Unless you want to ask the nearest dwarven outpost for some docking.

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I arrived at Trimmedtrusted, a human hamlet, I was attacked by a human spearman. I tried to run at first, but they pursued. It is becomming clear to me that improving my endurance will be important. Running was never a strong suit of mine, and I no longer have as much advantage in size as I did among the dwarves. Yet this spearman was still intimidated by me when I at last turned to face him.

He ran without even exchanging a blow. I'll have to track him down some time and ask him why he drew weapons and came at me like that if he was so terrified of me. Perhaps it was my ugly face that scared him off, and he couldn't see it from behind or afar. At any rate, I learned his name, Stama Gladnessmirrors, shortly after arriving at the local lord's keep.

I also met a human maceman, Ero Shebiitke, while there. He was quite the lazy sort, inclined to wandering, and half as ugly among humans as myself. We struck up some common ground around that last point. It was still a surprise to me, though, when he agreed to let me raid the armory. I suppose he was more frustrated with the lord and his fellow guardsmen than I'd thought!

There was but one condition - I had to wrestle a boar. I confess, I nearly left him there. I was tired of such jokes. But the poor fool seemed sincere. He had grown up on a farm, he told me, and had always had trouble with managing the things. I suppose it was a small price to pay for a full set of armor and some better fitting clothes.

We left the village heading east, and it wasn't long before we found our share of my more distant kind, though we had to avoid several flocks of horrifyingly massive birds along the way. Ero amused himself by taking a few cheap shots with his fists and mace while I wrestled the brutes, until I made him wait by a tree nearby. He was swinging that thing way too close to my face for comfort.

We didn't have any luck finding a tavern for drinks that night. The nearest seems to be quite some distance away. Instead we camped in the outskirts of yet another hamlett, this named Routgorged, and ate some of the meat from our hunt. We spent most of the next day wandering through the town, me asking around about the area, and my new traveling companion asking after local colossi and titans and Armok knows what else. As we were walking through the village, we met a woman who Ero seemed to know. He got into an argument with this Urdim, a rather attractive, dark skinned woman. As best I could tell they'd been lovers at some point, though Ero had left rather suddenly. After shouting at one another for some time, while I tuned them out, Urdim drew a crossbow and shot him in the leg! Startled, I drew my weapons and prepared to fight, but as Ero crawled hurridly out of sight Urdim explained that her business was finished here. She didn't want any more trouble.

When asked about Ero, she said in a sad tone, "he was a good talker." She went on to explain how she'd had no family, grown up on the street, and eventually been taken under the wing of the overlord Innu Findersgilt. Ero had meant something to her once, and she'd been about to give up that life. But the moment he found out about her history as a bandit, he tried to turn her in. She barely escaped the guards.

I asked if she'd like to come with me, to try to talk to Ero and work things out, but she shook her head, saying "my duty is here".

I wished her the best, though I doubted there was any happy ending left here, and turned to follow the bloodstained trail Ero had left.

"You didn't kill her?" he asked, looking at my unstained hammer. I grunted in reply as I pulled him up and supported his weight, beginning to walk the rest of the way out of the city. "Would you prefer I had?" I asked. "It sounded like you two had some history together."

"It's all for naught, now." He shook his head sadly, then looking at his leg, where the bolt was stuck, he winced. "It was ineviteable. My own damn fault for letting my mouth run when it shouldn't."

I nodded, taking in what he'd said. "You didn't betray her, then, like she said?"

"Hells no, not intentionally, at least. I can see how she would believe otherwise though, and when it comes down to it, it doesn't really matter if it was intentional or not. It's still my fault, and she'd still blame me for outing her.

A little while further and we stopped by a creek to remove the arrow, as well as bandage and clean the wound.

"I sure wish we'd made it to that tavern before I got shot," Ero spoke, as I set him down. "A good pint would help a lot right now."

I chuckled as he said that. Pulling out a small flask, I said "You're in some luck, you know. I've lived with dwarves for just about my whole life. When I announced my plans to leave on an adventure, this is the one thing they all agreed I needed to bring along."

"You've been holding out on me!"

"Just saving it for when it was most needed." I tossed it over to him, and he began greedily tearing at the stopper. "You can drink two thirds, I'll need the rest to treat your wound when I remove the arrow."

When he was done with that, he stared sadly at what was left, and looked to regret not finishing it off. "Wish you'd let me have the whole thing. I'm not nearly drunk enough for this."

It was a good thing I hadn't started working yet, as I nearly fell over laughing.

"Ey! What's sho funny?"

"That was a dwarven brew. Trust me, in a moment you'll be about as drunk as I can get you without burning a hole through your liver."

"Well, maybe I wahnt a hole in my livah! It'd sooo... soot... It'd match the rest ov me!"

"All right, we can take care of that tomorrow then."

As Ero grew less and less coherent, I began my work.

Despite the alcohol, he screamed like a piglet. 'Then again,' I mused, 'most do.'

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

Awww yeah. We've got ourselves a narrative here.

I had to wrestle a boar.

No kinky business, Udib.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

..then again...Most do....

Great story so far!
I am an indie game dev!