Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: (42.06)[The Windy Universes] Turn 10a, Terrapin | Turn 11b, Bearskie [Adv. Suc.]  (Read 32388 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

le bump.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I signed up for this? I suppose I vaguely recall something like that? Well here!
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11810

The Romantic Empire
Spoiler: Adi Candyshack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Visuals" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personality (click to show/hide)
I swear, I have had it with this town. If one more person tells me to keep away from their kids I WILL EVISCERATE THEM. Yes my name is Candyshack, what of it? I need to get out of this stupid town before I start stabbing someone with this pathetic excuse for a sword.

I head over to The Glorious Strap. It houses The Group of Rubbing. In the Empire of Romance. By Cáccast I hate this place. So much hate. Still they have a ton of extra equipment and I am happy to help them clean up. I get myself decked out in some decent gear, though it is a bit heavy. Maybe I should practice a little…

Spoiler: Ow! No! Stop that! (click to show/hide)
Ow! Ow! God, what is wrong with these people? I only threw a sucker punch at the Lady and they're all trying to stab me now! I throw my arms over my head and run outside. I wait a few minutes for them to calm down, before heading back inside. These people need to take a chill pill.
The Lady is running around in fear, but it seems the guards are chill with me.
“Life is, in a word, Death.”
Spoiler: Wassup Mori? (click to show/hide)

Good to see you too Mori. I ask her to join me on my adventure and she agrees to come with. I think the first step towards not dying is further improving our armor. There’s a dwarvern settlement relatively close, and they might have some steel gear I could use.
Spoiler: Dwarves Ahead (click to show/hide)

I saw some guys hanging around and I decided to talk to them. Mori on the other hand wanted to slice open their guts. The poor axewoman, just out of nowhere Mori charges and cuts her down. Turns out that with all this armor, I can’t even reach the bowman before she cuts him down too. The woman is savage. She also talks in the third person.
Spoiler: Hey there... (click to show/hide)

We have to wait for nightfall to cross the ocean. So I walk around our island talking to travelers to see if there’s anyone Mori won’t stab. She kills three of the four people we run into. The last one I managed to stab.
After crossing the ocean, we see a dwarf. I’ve never seen a dwarf before. I think I want to catch it.
It tries shooting me. Why does everything keep trying to kill me? I just wanted to catch it! I wanted to keep it alive a little longer, but Mori cracks its skull open after it passed out.
I get a little thirsty but it’s nighttime and there’s only ice in the bucket. I lean over and…
I’ve fallen down the well. And I seem to be having a little trouble climbing back out.
The villagers decided to pull me out eventually, probably because they didn’t want a corpse fouling their water supply. After almost dying of pneumonia, I’m well enough to head off again.

We run into some dwarves.  Mori charges forth, too fast for my armored self to keep up. She loses a foot by the time I get to her and is unconscious, while the dwarves try killing her, but her Iron Helm does its job well. They are too focused on her and I get in a cheap shot, impaling the spear dwarf’s skull on my sword. The other yields. Pffft, as if.
I follow the poor thing around beating on it and tearing out its eyes. Good practice. Unfortunately I spend a little too much time chasing it around and I lose track of Mori. Her foot is where I last saw her, so I take that, but I can’t find her.

I travel and find a whole encampment of these dwarvern creatures, with what looks to be a pile of ill gotten gains. This was quite the moral quandary. They were clearly not hostile towards me. What would Mori do?
Stab them. Stab them REALLY HARD.

It seems they didn’t really care about the mace dwarf I killed. In fact one wrestler wants to be my ally. I graciously let it accompany me. I kill some of them, and let the rest scatter. I begin wandering as it seems the dwarvern settlements don’t have anything of value.

I thought Onget would be a much more boring companion than Mori.  She’s beginning to grow on me.
Looking for somewhere to go, we hear ominous noises in the night, but unable to find them we flee. Later we see some…hamster people? I listen in on their conversation…
Well screw you guys too! Eat bronze longsword, fur balls! We slay them and I think we’ll take a break in ‘Shaftbreach’ in the ‘Steppe of Hushing’.

Sorry for not noticing earlier, but here it is
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Nice!

I love how you refer to dwarves as "It"
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:12:14 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Why not, I haven't done a raw vanilla run in a while.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Come on guys adventure mode is awesome in the newest version we cannot let this die.
I am an indie game dev!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I've got an unofficial turn going atm that's been pretty fun.

Whoever built the bridge between the continents, sorry about the mule skeleton, I was riding one of your minecarts across the bridge and kinda accidentally the whole mule.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile

I think I might be a bit too busy lately, what with me learning Unity, keeping my XCOM mod up to date, and drawing.

So I think I'm gonna give up admining this thread, so anyone who wants to continue it can do so if they wish. Sorry for the very late reply :/

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I have a save and writeup I'm working on atm but I was gonna have it be unofficial, though it did confuse me that there were so many horses everywhere. Didn't realize when this world gen was from until that point. :D

Preview:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Between then and now I found my way across the bridgefort, accidentally a mule, almost killed myself in the process, ran form lots of bogeymen, killed various megabeasts, bandits, and some kobolds.

Then I found a tower with a familiar looking uh... head, nearby.

Still got a week to go!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:50:34 am by Max™ »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

Whoever built the bridge between the continents, sorry about the mule skeleton, I was riding one of your minecarts across the bridge and kinda accidentally the whole mule.

Hehe. It's all good mate.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice bridge though! Definitely be handy for folks who can't fly at maximum speed forever!

This was from the Turn B save on the front page, can call it Turn C unless someone wants to pick it up from Turn B?

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11825

I'll write in more but at the moment I just wanted to get it loaded up and whatnot, wasn't sure how long it had been until I checked the first event I did and saw it was 14 days ago.

Peregrine woman hero, forgot to grab starting skills/stuff, but Gar Metalrain the Creation of Floods ended up like this:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:33:26 pm by Max™ »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

So how does one "take over" a thread?
Just create a new one?

And is anyone willing ( I cannot due to school)
I am an indie game dev!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

can I play? I'm gonna be a legendary bone carver. can I start as a demigod for this attempt?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Go ahead!
I am an indie game dev!