Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: legendary taverns and churches?  (Read 1320 times)

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
legendary taverns and churches?
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »

dwarves get a happy thought from eating in a legendary dining room so it seems sensible that they would get a happy thought from drinking in an amazing tavern or praying in a great church

so is getting a happy thought from those a thing or should i just leave my tavern and church an empty room?
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: legendary taverns and churches?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 03:18:37 am »

At the very least dorfs ought to be able to admire masterworks stuff in the tavern. Also, if socialization works remotely like 0.40.x, basing your tavern around the dining hall table ought to bring more dorfs to the same place, some to drink and some to eat (apart from those who ignore the no food sign at the library entrance, of course), leading to more social interaction. Guesses and theories all, though...

Bwint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: legendary taverns and churches?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 12:40:29 pm »

I've heard speculation that the value of the tavern helps its reputation, attracting more visitors. Not confirmed AFAIK though.
'There are some things mortals are not meant to know, but we were bored and drunk at the time so we gecided to leave details of those forbidden arts in the library for a laugh.'