Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mysterious Cat Deaths  (Read 11664 times)

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Cat Deaths
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 05:53:44 pm »

You can also mod in dwarven cats and make them immune to alcohol poisoning.

P.S. This is why I love this game

A small, four legged creature of sleeping and haughtyness, with a beard.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2015, 07:05:28 pm »

Cave cats? Quarry kittens? Mountain meowers? Rock... uh... rock... dogs?

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2015, 10:27:38 pm »

Yeah this has been noted on the bug tracker as a thing since the initial 42.01 release. If you don't wanna pen up your cats to the food stockpile, you'll probably want to set doors to keep pets out of the tavern, alcohol stockpiles, and the hospital (since for some reason when a dwarf spills his booze, someone will immediately carry him off to the hospital, which results in alcohol smears). That should save a majority of cats, aside from the occasional accident.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2015, 10:44:32 pm »

Dead-cats-in-vomit-pools feature nerfed! Boo.

Well, the effect is now 'reduced' rather than removed, so I guess that's OK. How much reduced will require some kitty Science. :)

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2015, 11:42:06 pm »

Dead-cats-in-vomit-pools feature nerfed! Boo.

Well, the effect is now 'reduced' rather than removed, so I guess that's OK. How much reduced will require some kitty Science. :)

I was a little disappointed to see the nerf. I was actually beginning to factor it into my tavern design. With some pasturing and stockpile tweaks I was able to keep my kitties alive and my dorfs (and friends) liquored up.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 04:19:02 am »

Maybe burrowing some dwarf with only cleaning labour enabled in the tavern would be close to a "real world" solution. Maybe someone should cleanup behind those drunks anyway.

Best emergent behaviour since killer carps!

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2015, 11:33:13 am »

Maybe burrowing some dwarf with only cleaning labour enabled in the tavern would be close to a "real world" solution. Maybe someone should cleanup behind those drunks anyway.

The clean job has some weirdness about it. It will only happen if a dwarf finishes a job in a given vicinity of an unclean tile. I think if you have cleaning enabled on your tavern keeper, access to water or a well then they should take care of cleaning. I would have at least 2-3 tavern keepers to keep a decent rotation in a mid-sized fort.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2015, 11:46:52 am »

What self-respecting tavern keeper would ever clean up their floor? That's good booze in those floor boards! Are you saying the tavern keeper serves bad booze?!

LlamaLlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2015, 12:54:15 pm »

Maybe they just want some booze.
Pages: 1 2 [3]