Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Underwater Missing Town and Other Oddities  (Read 1737 times)

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
Underwater Missing Town and Other Oddities
« on: October 14, 2018, 04:30:54 pm »

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced these:

1) Towns generated on volcanic calderas, which immediately collapse because they are suspended in thin air.

2) Towns that show up on the world map but are actually on ocean tiles and don't exist physically. It is still possible to fast travel.

3) Demons on the surface world. Lots of demons. Visible on the fast travel map, along with any other modded-in cavern layer 5 populations.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underwater Missing Town and Other Oddities
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 05:29:47 pm »

The last is certainly doable by the player, but I don't know if the game is supposed to allow civs to do that.

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 01:33:59 pm »

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced these:

1) Towns generated on volcanic calderas, which immediately collapse because they are suspended in thin air.

2) Towns that show up on the world map but are actually on ocean tiles and don't exist physically. It is still possible to fast travel.

3) Demons on the surface world. Lots of demons. Visible on the fast travel map, along with any other modded-in cavern layer 5 populations.

I'm pretty sure I saw the first one up on the wiki somewhere, or maybe these forums. Can't find it now, though.

As for the second, closest I've gotten is having a hamlet without a mead hall. Showed up as a brown dot on the region map, but not on the fast-travel map.
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 06:11:51 pm »

These could possible be issues leading to certain mods... ive recently had to change mine because I wanted a civ to live on the coast lines, only for them to sometimes be broken... Eh.. but basically any Civ that attempts to live on ANY_OCEAN, could potentionally look like they are living there, but doesn't show up...  but then again ive also noticed a fortress disappear even though its on a river tile... nobody there except artifacts randomly lying about XD. This issue is weird and could have a obvious issue as well or just a randomly generated glitch.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...