Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Walk into one of the new catacombs under a massive town. Find a coffin with a body in it. Pick something up in a nearby room to wake the mummy. Leave your companions to fight and

Has done this
- 13 (61.9%)
Has not done this
- 8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 12, 2015, 10:52:18 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode  (Read 44957 times)

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2016, 04:59:48 pm »

Could you have hacked the bodies to pieces lit them on fire then stuff their burning remains in a cup and make someone drink it?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2016, 05:08:09 pm »

Strangled an elf child to death with its own thong.
You can't strangle people with items.
Not any more, but you used to be able to.

This is back when hammer dorf's were nicknamed Gibbers.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2016, 05:10:52 pm »

Strangled an elf child to death with its own thong.
You can't strangle people with items.
Not any more, but you used to be able to.

This is back when hammer dorf's were nicknamed Gibbers.

What heresy is this? :V

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2016, 07:30:53 pm »

Could you have hacked the bodies to pieces lit them on fire then stuff their burning remains in a cup and make someone drink it?
Yeah probably but they destroy drank objects so it wouldn't matter unless you could have it give a syndrome like... lethal heartburn.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2016, 05:03:18 pm »

Not really adventure mode specific but when I was into a bit of a fell modding mood recently and was doing arena mode testing I realized what type of painful hell I'm unleashing on every denizen of my worlds.

Modding more things, like weapons or creatures in, and making sure they act precisely how you want them to (usually involving lots of test subjects dying in various ways, atleast in my experience) is morally probably the worst thing you can do in DF, period - it's like you're a mad scientist conducting ultimately pointless experiments to sate your lust for...something, I dunno, definitely not knowledge though - and then you unleash your "experiment" unto the world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2016, 05:43:00 pm »

Damn, if we had a "worst thing done in fortress mode" thing I could mention my "no booze, no furniture, no clothes" torture fort. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2016, 09:46:28 am »

I set up a crap fort with a few mood items i wanted to experiment with and the treasury room was also the childrens burrow, cause they are little treasures. Anywho I ended up scratching the young dwarf girls face till she passed out, after her losing consiousness a good few times and nobody stopping my character I cut off her eye lids, lips, tongue and cheeks then took her coat and beat he with it while asking her how she was feeling, not getting a response I decided to leave. The two farmers outside the doors angered me for being terrible people not helping this defenceless child so I proceded to attack them and removed both their arms from the shoulder, they didnt die.
I later revived the fort and laughed as the farmers had no arms.
You cant farm without arms, silly farmers hahahaha, WHOS FUCKING LAUGHING NOW YOU SICK FUCKS!

Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2016, 02:53:54 pm »

Damn, if we had a "worst thing done in fortress mode" thing I could mention my "no booze, no furniture, no clothes" torture fort. :V
I would say sold a human child to slavery in an attempt to pull off a magic trick of switching places with a caged cat.
or selling dwarf kids parents because I turn them into a pet which allow them to be sold, or got a ghost to drink their own corpse.
or caged drunk people for the purpose to placing them in a tree.
but what tops most of those is getting your adventure to die and come back from the dead as a ghost.
because oh boy that's the worst thing you can do in fort mode with your adventurer because I think fort mode straight up will remove access of playing your adventurer in adv mode some times.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2016, 12:43:29 am »

Hey Rumrusher, do you think you could get to play as a dead adventurer that way?
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2016, 02:19:23 pm »

Hey Rumrusher, do you think you could get to play as a dead adventurer that way?
playing not so much but I don't know if it's a case where dwarf fortress rob my adventurer rights to be playable as moving adventurers to fort mode tend to do or was it a case where the game removed the unit from adventurer pools because they died and came back as a undead ghost zombie I know resurrection works on adventurers if you mod that in but I need to do more research on the subject.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2016, 01:23:45 pm »

I wanted to see what the bone carving stuff was like, so I killed a turkey and decided to make some bone figurines, I made a few bone figurines of myself being mutilated and sold them to someone for 3 golden coins and a silver coin. I can now live a peaceful life of killing animals and making bone figurines of myself being mutilated among other things. Amazing. c:

Slightly off-topic and cross-posting from reddit's DF sub, but I'm absolutely loving the new custom image making:

is this a mod??? god im oblivious.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2016, 03:16:42 pm »

The actual image-making itself, no - all the creatures aside from vanilla ones, yes.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2018, 12:51:38 pm »

I created a race with a bite that causes full-body necrosis and blistering (which for some reason usually starts in the toes). I made an adventurer of that race and multiple times bit people/animals and just watched them rot. I have done a LOT of other cruel things but that's the one I did most recently.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2018, 04:45:39 pm »

I was rescuing some kids and a single bandit attacked me. I sicced the kids on him. They weren't strong enough to kill him, but they were strong enough to cause one of the longest wound lists I've ever seen. I had to put him out of his misery myself.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2018, 08:44:58 pm »

Sweet-ass necropost.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14