Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Walk into one of the new catacombs under a massive town. Find a coffin with a body in it. Pick something up in a nearby room to wake the mummy. Leave your companions to fight and

Has done this
- 13 (61.9%)
Has not done this
- 8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 12, 2015, 10:52:18 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode  (Read 44477 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2018, 11:34:29 am »

I modded in a supervirus once.

It was a gas that, upon being breathed in, made the infectee more gregarious and also gave them the ability to breathe the same gas as a GREEETING.  This would last for several minutes, after which it would gradually cause their personality to become more prone to violence.  Finally, it would make them go berserk and attack everyone in sight.  Shortly after this, if they were still alive, it would cause them to vomit and slowly bleed out of every orifice and die in a pool of their own bloody vomit.

I spread it to a single villager in a huge, densely-populated city of thousands and followed them around (using a creature that was immune to the effects, of course).  Within minutes, every last one of them was dead.
oh the supervirus via syndromes pretty fun, kinda ended up crashing my game when I tried to make animals talk when I realize oh shoot this can spread like wildfire and has a resurrection spell on top, and towns have loads of crash on resurrection corpses. up until I removed the infection factor I had to avoid towns like the plague on some runs...also I think I made wagon spiders who move insanely fast and while playing them didn't give you an ability to kill folks, found a way to murder folks, so the ocean shores had fast as hell wooden spiders that carried the resurrection syndrome.
not my finest mod, next to the Wagonman mod and the broken wagon man mod where the limbs didn't work and just gave you a wagon that can open doors and wear sandals with socks.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2018, 09:23:34 pm »

Is this the part where we post a link to the story of that guy?

You know the one.

Wait I wanna read that.

No. No you don't. I thought I did too.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2018, 09:38:17 pm »

Would I get banned/the thread locked if I posted a link?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2018, 09:43:14 pm »

Will NPCs whose blood was sucked by the player but who did not die become vampires?

...if yes, the long-term fate of the city I rule isn't looking too good.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2018, 10:23:38 pm »

I read that thing. My reaction was: "Meh. They're letters on a screen. Why would I really care?"

That's my reaction to most stories about DF. Apathy.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2018, 03:53:41 am »

Will NPCs whose blood was sucked by the player but who did not die become vampires?

...if yes, the long-term fate of the city I rule isn't looking too good.

Nah, DF vampirism only spreads if they drink the vampire's blood.  You can always injure yourself, put the blood in a flask, then slip it into a mug and hand it to someone in a tavern if you want to vampirize them.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2018, 10:35:12 am »

I read that thing. My reaction was: "Meh. They're letters on a screen. Why would I really care?"

True for me as well; however, many DF stories have made me feel sick nevertheless, that one included. I'm still trying to figure out why. I feel no qualms about mermaid "genocide", for example, and I am annoyed that it's treated as such a big deal.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2018, 01:47:07 pm »

Ultimately it comes down to where you stand on that diagram.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2018, 11:50:18 pm »

Ultimately it comes down to where you stand on that diagram.
Yep, I'm a killer. You're a socializer, according to your posts.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2018, 12:07:41 am »

explore the world, meet new people, and shoot at them
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2018, 05:09:47 am »

Where is that graph actually from

From? *google* It's to do with this, apparently.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2018, 09:14:16 am »

It's from an early analysis of player behaviour in MUDs (Multi user dungeons, the ancestor of mmorpgs, incidently they are ascii games). It divided the player into categories, depending on what they would interract with and how. Turns out that the player sensibilities vary wildly and the same game can attract populations of player with totally different perceptions, for totally different reasons.

Yep, I'm a killer. You're a socializer, according to your posts.

My thoughts exactly

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2018, 10:34:46 am »

Back in the early .40s I had a cougar man adventurer (they're especially good because you can wear human and dwarf-sized armor). I became a vampire, then entered a necromancer tower and learned the secrets of life and death. I proceeded to kill all the necromancers in the world, take their books and slabs, and throw the lot into a volcano, so that I would be the sole possessor of the secret.

Then I entered a human mead hall and slew all the inhabitants. All but one, that is: a child, the lord's daughter. She I took on as my "apprentice"--I taught her (via persuasion) to desire power over all else, to show no mercy, to never sacrifice for others, etc... all while her friends' and parent's mangled bodies were on display in cages arranged tastefully around the room.

I don't much care for just "senseless" evil, but I do like to create a proper villain from time to time.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2018, 10:52:24 am »

Back in the early .40s I had a cougar man adventurer (they're especially good because you can wear human and dwarf-sized armor). I became a vampire, then entered a necromancer tower and learned the secrets of life and death. I proceeded to kill all the necromancers in the world, take their books and slabs, and throw the lot into a volcano, so that I would be the sole possessor of the secret.

Then I entered a human mead hall and slew all the inhabitants. All but one, that is: a child, the lord's daughter. She I took on as my "apprentice"--I taught her (via persuasion) to desire power over all else, to show no mercy, to never sacrifice for others, etc... all while her friends' and parent's mangled bodies were on display in cages arranged tastefully around the room.

I don't much care for just "senseless" evil, but I do like to create a proper villain from time to time.
That's actually a decent story. Not all evil DF characters should be "AHAHAHAHAHAH MURDER EVERYTHING HAHHAHAHAHHA".
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14