Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Walk into one of the new catacombs under a massive town. Find a coffin with a body in it. Pick something up in a nearby room to wake the mummy. Leave your companions to fight and

Has done this
- 13 (61.9%)
Has not done this
- 8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 12, 2015, 10:52:18 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode  (Read 44897 times)

Evillee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2018, 12:31:06 am »

Killing entire goblin pits? Not Just the Men, but the Women and Children Too. It was revenge after killing my companion. I only left alive all humans, dwarfs and elves, excluding their elven lord.
Was there sand? Was it coarse and rough and irritating and did it get everywhere?
sigg'd
Was there sand? Was it coarse and rough and irritating and did it get everywhere?

Tyjid

• Bay Watcher
  • I once killed myself on a carp
    • View Profile
I'm not sure being slapped around by a slab of metal on a lever being bad for your spine is the game's worst sin on the realism front.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2018, 11:18:16 am »

I stole a loaf of bread.

You know no mercy.

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2018, 02:13:58 pm »

I was going to use DFHack's advfort to collapse a worldgen fortress roof on top of the tavern and trade depot. With all the dwarves talking, though, it took way too long, so I gave up. Besides, they were all shouting at each other to drop various artifacts they were holding, so I figure that they were about to have fun without my help.

Instead, I collapsed a tent roof. The tent was full of sleeping army recruits, part of an army in the middle of nowhere--literally at the edge of the map. It's not like they were going anywhere important, and linen hurts just like stone does. I lost style points for being caught in my own linen cave-in. 

Nearby, I found a group of what appeared to be nomad people, heading down into a cave. These folks weren't warriors, but fishermen and cheesemakers. They didn't have a "why are you traveling" option, so I figure they were going to make the cavern their home. I decided to leave them alone. Some NPCs make their own hell. They fought off the giant slugs somehow, so maybe they're still down there. Starving.

Other than that, it's all the usual stuff. Slay the moon freaks tormenting the town, then silently strangle a child on the way to report in--just because it was there. Beat taverngoers to death with the booze barrels. Punch the head off of a bad storyteller, then finish his story even worse than he was doing. Abandon companions in the middle of the caverns. Rip off loincloths and beat the owners with them until they break. Bite off a guy's arm, throw it at his fleeing friend, and then necro-animate it.

There're just so many things that don't work right yet. You can set a bunch of fires under a tree, but they never spread. At least with advfort you can actually cut down the tree so that the elves fall down into the fires. Sure, when you travel the tree is standing once again, but that's fine: cut it down again if the elves survived. Advfort is great. You can dig pits so that you have something to kick people into. All kinds of crap.

Hopefully in a future version the PC will be able to put people into bags. Murdering someone and then reanimating their body in a goblin fort just isn't the same as actually RPing a snatcher.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:18:22 pm by Senator Jim Death »
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2018, 02:27:34 pm »

Murdering someone and then reanimating their body in a goblin fort just isn't the same as actually RPing a snatcher.

Why not both?
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2018, 06:28:46 pm »

sitting here realizing I can shove folks into bags with dfhack, and yeah it's not the same, though with modding you could just resurrect the dead body and RP somewhat the same.
though this got me thinking about making a script where folks in bags are auto added to a camp zone, allowing one to catch and build a zoo.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2018, 11:20:01 pm »

I conquered the known world in the name of some human lady in a hamlet, vanquishing all of the world's megabeasts and many of its rulers. Then I led a horde of zombies into her hall and claimed the symbol of her authority, a legendary skirt.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2018, 11:57:30 pm »

Cleansing an entire world. No civilized creatures left. Did it with a recreation of Chara from Undertale, armed with an adamantine knife.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2018, 04:45:48 pm »

Oh man.. I've done a lot of horrible mutilating and mangling along with the usual maiming killing and burning on the battlefields.
Currently the blood elves are my character's target of elimination and an Ischroforged-Draenei is pure alright, pure with unadulterated rage and hatred towards the foes of all Draenei.

Imagine a simple blood elf glazer in his/her home getting dismembered and mangled alive while getting guts removed along with clothes getting ripped to shreds due to attacker's menacing chainaxes and then bleeding out while getting the last glimpse of his/her attacker who has the shape of some tough battle-hardened draenei female glad in an intimidating full vermilion-colored armor.

I can imagine the thoughts that went through that glazer's mind "Draenei are supposed to be peaceful!? She doesn't look like a Broken or a Lost One even.. is that really just some sort of a demon in Draenei form or is this something truly new and unheard of, what are they planning, who is planning, why!?? Oh dear me I am so wrecked.. such cruelty! This is how I go isn't it? ..i-i-it is truly horrifying! My limbs are everywhere in my house and my guts are all over my floor.. I'm already in the puddle of my own blood and I see and feel my eyesight going dimmer and more grey.. so much pain" *passes away and gets head brutally chopped off and all of his/her remains butchered*.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 04:47:58 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2018, 12:48:49 pm »

Thats like standard maiming practices though. Like if youre going to take the time to maim someone youre going to want to chop off small facial features or excess body parts like tails, then hands/feet, then disembowel them and wait for them to bleed out. Thats just how maiming works. And of course you look like a psychopath doing it, we pretty much are a bunch of psychopaths.

You should have paralyzed them with a special nobreathe syndrome, dismembered them, then set them on fire. Or set them on fire and then dismember them. That works too.

You can also use a nobleed syndrome, chop them into little bits.without worrying about them dying, and then fast travel away. When you come back theyll still be all dismembered with all the emotional trauma, but none of the dying!

My favorite is doing the above and then leaving them with their guts spilled. Theyll be crawling around on their chin dragging their guts behind them for the rest of their lives.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:57:33 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2018, 05:04:21 pm »

Thats like standard maiming practices though.

Aye, merely got deep in thought how horrible even the standard of it is. Plenty of good ideas though! I'll have to give that nobleed thing a try, though I must admit I don't have much experience with syndromes.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:11:17 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Yerland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2018, 08:52:42 pm »

Havent done anythung too horrific yet just standard wrestler stuff. Still my favorite game to play is, how many joint locks to give into the pain, the lucky ones give up at three. Still sometimes a poor human is on the ground with 2 broken hips and 2 broken shoulders , and I have to start trying to hit fingers.

Rufflikerex

• Bay Watcher
  • One time, a horde of Monkeys doomed my Dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2018, 09:06:27 pm »

Is this the part where we post a link to the story of that guy?

You know the one.

What story? I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but now I need a link to that story! Badly.
May ye remember Ladderbound's fate when one of yer fruit-pickers dwarfs be thirsty and not moving.
May ye seek out solutions before your dwarf drops dead.
Ladderbound provided the proof ye can be stuck at the top of a ladder.
All raise yer cups to Ladderbound!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2018, 09:18:23 pm »

You know the one.

What story? I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but now I need a link to that story! Badly.
To recap, it involved someone modding in a penis and "raping" an elf child with it. I think Toady deleted it. I found it rather underwhelming.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rufflikerex

• Bay Watcher
  • One time, a horde of Monkeys doomed my Dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2018, 09:48:59 pm »

You know the one.

To recap, it involved someone modding in a penis and "raping" an elf child with it. I think Toady deleted it. I found it rather underwhelming.

Ok I take it back. I don't need a link.
May ye remember Ladderbound's fate when one of yer fruit-pickers dwarfs be thirsty and not moving.
May ye seek out solutions before your dwarf drops dead.
Ladderbound provided the proof ye can be stuck at the top of a ladder.
All raise yer cups to Ladderbound!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14