Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Walk into one of the new catacombs under a massive town. Find a coffin with a body in it. Pick something up in a nearby room to wake the mummy. Leave your companions to fight and

Has done this
- 13 (61.9%)
Has not done this
- 8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 12, 2015, 10:52:18 pm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode  (Read 44483 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2018, 11:51:58 pm »

That's basically everyone's reaction to Obok Meatgod. At first you're intrigued, then once you find out what's behind the mystery you realize that it's not actually anything exciting.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rufflikerex

• Bay Watcher
  • One time, a horde of Monkeys doomed my Dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2018, 12:22:02 am »

That's basically everyone's reaction to Obok Meatgod. At first you're intrigued, then once you find out what's behind the mystery you realize that it's not actually anything exciting.

I hereby solemnly swear to never again speak of or even acknowledge this topic ever again.
May ye remember Ladderbound's fate when one of yer fruit-pickers dwarfs be thirsty and not moving.
May ye seek out solutions before your dwarf drops dead.
Ladderbound provided the proof ye can be stuck at the top of a ladder.
All raise yer cups to Ladderbound!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2018, 12:24:22 am »

That's just the sort of behavior that leads to people getting interested, you know.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rufflikerex

• Bay Watcher
  • One time, a horde of Monkeys doomed my Dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2018, 12:30:49 am »

That's just the sort of behavior that leads to people getting interested, you know.

Haha, it's exactly why I got all curious in the first place.  :P
May ye remember Ladderbound's fate when one of yer fruit-pickers dwarfs be thirsty and not moving.
May ye seek out solutions before your dwarf drops dead.
Ladderbound provided the proof ye can be stuck at the top of a ladder.
All raise yer cups to Ladderbound!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2018, 04:54:32 pm »

Worth noting that actually linking or posting Obok Meatgod is a breach of forum TOS, and that the story as told was both longer and more disgusting than that summary implies. Not worth reading in the slightest, either, it's just mildly edgy trash that's remembered mostly because not talking about it became an in-joke.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2018, 02:51:08 am »

I once came across a GCS attempting to eat a Dwarf soldier and ran the other way instead of helping.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 31, 2018, 12:22:06 am »

Was fighting through a bandit camp in a temperate biome several adventurers ago.  Just some low-level goons, nothing major.  Managed to juke one of them into a stagnant pool, where he naturally started floundering.  As he clawed at the surrounding dirt, trying to escape, I had my adventurer repeatedly kick him in the head until he lost his grip and drowned.  Not the goriest thing I've done, by far, but certainly one of the most unnecessarily cruel.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]