Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Walk into one of the new catacombs under a massive town. Find a coffin with a body in it. Pick something up in a nearby room to wake the mummy. Leave your companions to fight and

Has done this
- 13 (61.9%)
Has not done this
- 8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 12, 2015, 10:52:18 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode  (Read 44481 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2018, 06:51:48 am »

I think "killers" should probably be renamed "influencers"; as in those whose aim is to make a direct impact on the game's world.  It's just that due to technical  and design limitations of most games, most of the time killing stuff is the only way to really manage this.

DF will hopefully offer other options at some point (I'd much rather do stuff like dethrone a tyrant through trickery or convince a bandit gang to change their ways), but right now killing is still the only real way of making a significant impact on things.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2018, 07:39:17 am »

The magic update will bring so many world-influencing things. Like, say, turning an entire continent or the entire world into an uninhabitable wasteland with an extremely powerful spell/ritual.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2018, 09:28:24 am »

as someone who been slowly trying to influence the game through non killy means I find influencers as a word are basically falling under explorers or socializers.
though most of the stuff I did find ended up being "you can build a Zoo or a jail." build insane embark sites for forts. then the rest just ended up being building a 2 way pathway system to the tunnels through camp zones save spots, several years of bogeyman research on how to not die from them and the wonders of Spider-folks.

though I kinda just hope Toady adds the army and raid menus over to adventure mode.... so you can influence the world civs through armed conquest and banditry.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2018, 01:58:54 pm »

The magic update will bring so many world-influencing things. Like, say, turning an entire continent or the entire world into an uninhabitable wasteland with an extremely powerful spell/ritual.

Like the ritual in Fortress mode that requires pulling a lever?

I mean, that's more mechanical than magical, but a continent covered in infinite magma sounds pretty uninhabitable to me.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2018, 04:59:53 pm »

I think "killers" should probably be renamed "influencers"; as in those whose aim is to make a direct impact on the game's world.

The guy who came up with that chart put 'healers' in that quadrant as well, apparently agreeing with what you state here.

Incidentally, applying this chart to DF players could be a bit tricky since DF is singleplayer.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2018, 06:40:00 pm »

I stole a loaf of bread.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2018, 09:17:46 pm »

Like the ritual in Fortress mode that requires pulling a lever?

I mean, that's more mechanical than magical, but a continent covered in infinite magma sounds pretty uninhabitable to me.
Magma vanishes at the map border. You'll only make your fort's backdoor uninhabitable.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2018, 08:18:42 am »

I stole a loaf of bread.

Nineteen years in the shipyards for you!
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2018, 12:36:41 pm »

Find a world with a vampire as a queen somewhere (dwarven civ). Kill the queen and attempt to take over civilization (failed). Drink the dead vampire's blood and use newfound vampirism to stroll into a nearby necromancer tower and become a necromancer. Use powers to attack the human capital on multiple consecutive nights by beheading sleeping people and animating their bodies. After the first night, gather 15 zombies to help me build a tower. After that is done, attack again and gather an army of 30 zombies. March to the castle to attempt to kill whoever's inside (and any heirs) and attempt again to take over civilization.

The game crashed shortly before entering the castle, which reminded me that I had not saved for several hours and I was back to shortly before I finished the tower.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2018, 04:09:07 pm »

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2018, 11:35:04 am »

It was inevietable

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2018, 04:07:56 pm »

Find a world with a vampire as a queen somewhere (dwarven civ). Kill the queen and attempt to take over civilization (failed). Drink the dead vampire's blood and use newfound vampirism to stroll into a nearby necromancer tower and become a necromancer. Use powers to attack the human capital on multiple consecutive nights by beheading sleeping people and animating their bodies. After the first night, gather 15 zombies to help me build a tower. After that is done, attack again and gather an army of 30 zombies. March to the castle to attempt to kill whoever's inside (and any heirs) and attempt again to take over civilization.

The game crashed shortly before entering the castle, which reminded me that I had not saved for several hours and I was back to shortly before I finished the tower.

OMG I NEED TO DO THIS (except I'm going to use the temple method of becoming vamp because I modded the game to make cursed vampires stronger than turned ones)
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2018, 10:36:41 pm »

Not really that bad, but:

How to play Peasant Golf:

1) Find a well.

2) Find a peasant. The farther the better, but not too far.

3) Strangle the peasant's throat once so he/she passes out.

4) Jump into the peasant to move it towards the well. The randomness of its trajectory adds some challenge.

5) You win if you drown the peasant by launching it into the well.

Seshien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2018, 05:27:28 am »

Killing entire goblin pits? Not Just the Men, but the Women and Children Too. It was revenge after killing my companion. I only left alive all humans, dwarfs and elves, excluding their elven lord.

Tyjid

• Bay Watcher
  • I once killed myself on a carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2018, 10:03:58 pm »

Killing entire goblin pits? Not Just the Men, but the Women and Children Too. It was revenge after killing my companion. I only left alive all humans, dwarfs and elves, excluding their elven lord.
Was there sand? Was it coarse and rough and irritating and did it get everywhere?
I'm not sure being slapped around by a slab of metal on a lever being bad for your spine is the game's worst sin on the realism front.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14