Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ghosts? Meh.  (Read 4059 times)

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
Re: Ghosts? Meh.
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 02:28:00 pm »

It's a bit overpowered

Or realistic :/

But play balance is the thing, i suppose.
How strong is the stuff you drink regularly? A bit of wine or beer on a daily basis won't leave you emotionally absent.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Blade312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 04:03:31 pm »

I think you underestimate the amount of alcohol dwarves drink.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 04:27:18 pm »

Maybe we should have non-alcoholic drinks as an option?  Like juices or something.  No fearless, oblivious euphoria, but no drunken barfights or death by brain damage either.  'Course, that's easily moddable.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 06:44:46 pm »

Not really, unless you have ONLY juice and no alcohol. Only one drink is possible for each plant, so you'd have to make a dummy plant for every plant in the game.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 07:51:42 pm »

Not really, unless you have ONLY juice and no alcohol. Only one drink is possible for each plant, so you'd have to make a dummy plant for every plant in the game.

Well, only one drink from the still right now. Who knows what recipes and drink quality from tavern arc 2 will bring :)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 08:08:19 pm »

Not quite. In the raws, only one [DRINK] derived from each plant can be defined. That is, NO modding (w/o duplicate, dummy plants) can make a plant give either an alcohol OR a juice, not even with special reactions.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 08:32:51 pm »

Not quite. In the raws, only one [DRINK] derived from each plant can be defined. That is, NO modding (w/o duplicate, dummy plants) can make a plant give either an alcohol OR a juice, not even with special reactions.
What I was trying to say is that Toady'll likely modify this because it seems like a limit for tavern arc 2.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2015, 08:43:32 pm »

Ah, I see now.
Sigtext!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2015, 12:50:42 am »

It used to be that way, but ever since 40 drinks are made by reactions, so you just need to add a juice material to each plant and a reaction to extract it.  The DRINK tag still exists, but all it does is determine drinks you can get through trade (and in taverns) and you CAN use multiple DRINK tags in a single plant for these purposes.

My own mod uses this and it works fine (soft drink options in the bars included).

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 03:56:24 am »

Yeah I used to think Ghosts were funny too. Until one ripped off the leg of a legendary hammerdwarf. Nowdays I make slabs. Lots of slabs. Fast.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 11:18:18 am »

Really? Could you upload example raw files?
Sigtext!

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 11:27:32 am »

I changed my raws for the world I'm playing to reduce the thoughtlessness/bravery effects of the inebriation syndrome. I'll report back with some details after tragedy strikes.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.
Pages: 1 [2]