Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can't eat sentiet meat, why? And how to fix?  (Read 6918 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Can't eat sentiet meat, why? And how to fix?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 01:42:20 pm »

And if you manage to puzzle it out, I'll be sorely tempted to steal it if it works. o3o

EDIT: It seems that [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME] does not work on corpses. Resurrecting or reanimating corpses minus their intellect likely would be just as absurd as dumbing down a living target...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:27:12 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 12:03:53 pm »

whoosh, its been more than 120 days since last post here and the issue is still on...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 06:06:23 pm »

--Edit
Never mind. Needless necro.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 08:37:29 pm »

But it does highlight that this bug has been around for way to bloody long, given it's a regression of behavior Toady has said was unintended. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 04:41:09 am »

Every bug in DF is unintended. This particular one Toady said that he had no idea what caused it. Therefore it would need investigating, which takes a long time. It'll get fixed next time cannibalism and other ethics increases in priority.

It's much easier to work around a bug with a DFhack script than actually work out the root cause of a whole broken system (ethics).

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 03:21:51 am »

Though it's also one that Toady has demonstrated awareness of.

That it hasn't been fixed is sad but understandable, as the likely cause for this regression is something deep in the source code.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 01:02:12 pm »

"No, that's disgusting!" ~ Player character.

Same goes for stagnant water, vomit, and most monster secretions. Maybe they just don't want the shakes? Not gonna stop them from throwing themselves into some vile mist, though.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 01:06:49 pm »

"No, that's disgusting!" ~ Player character.

Same goes for stagnant water, vomit, and most monster secretions. Maybe they just don't want the shakes? Not gonna stop them from throwing themselves into some vile mist, though.

You're forgetting two things:

1. It's a regression from prior behavior.

2. It ignores the character's actual ethics. An outsider might be apathetic, a human-civilized goblin or an animalperson may or may not be squeamish about it, but if you mod native goblins to be playable they should be utterly undeterred.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 10:02:00 am »

i dont really remember time when i couldnt butcher sentients, and now you can but their stuff are useless. anyone invented a viable interaction for removing can_learn yet?
Also its weird when your adventuer makes some prepared organs, and then just refuses to eat em. i know there are no unprepared organs in butchering returns but still.

Also i've been using LNP since long and now i started screwing around with advfort and it seems like there workshops dont have this issue. So if your using LNP, and dont mind some extra complexity (and being unable to use TWBT for tilesets (legacy works but it messes up with symbols)) this would be a great and simple workaround, though its not a great fit with other mods...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:37:56 am by adamkad1 »

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 09:56:01 pm »

I just reclaimed a world generated fort. The area which I guess was the food stockpile had prepared troll organs. I made roasts with the stuff. I think my dwarves are eating it. But there was no built butcher's workshop, so no idea how those lungs and intestines got prepared.

Also, I noticed in adventurer mode that I couldnt make bone crafts from a troll I killed, but one night when a zombie ogre walked into the inn (boy, did that town have a monster problem. You could not travel through the streets without being ambushed on the ceiling by some named giant animal.) I found out I could feast upon its prepared insides with no ill effects.

So... Wierd things must happen during world generation, and eating undead flesh is totally OK.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 01:51:47 pm »

i guess becoming a zombie makes you stupid? welll, zombies cant learn after all, and thats all thats in way

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 04:44:14 am »

i guess becoming a zombie makes you stupid? welll, zombies cant learn after all, and thats all thats in way
this might also rot the meat you wanted to eat given zombies corpse like nature.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2016, 06:49:20 am »

this might also rot the meat you wanted to eat given zombies corpse like nature.

so rotten meat is fair game?

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2016, 07:19:06 am »

so rotten meat is fair game?

"Feasting on the insides of your enemies, how easily you forget the loss of life when it suits your convenience"

Meme talk aside, no. Not rotten meat, but freshly butchered zombies most certainly are. I think the troll I mentioned came from a reanimating biome, so maybe that's why it didn't have any rotting parts, unlike the super old zombies necros take around.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 07:34:29 am »

This is a necro thread but there is a new bug report on the matter

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10057
Pages: 1 [2]