Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.03 Released  (Read 62163 times)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.03 Released
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2015, 04:45:31 pm »

There seems to be a bug where, if you retire a site while it has guests, then upon returning they are marked as "hostile" and just hang around, never leaving or socializing.
Yes, it has been reported several times. See 0009298, "unretiring a fort with visitors flags them as hostile in unit list" and similar reports.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2015, 06:05:20 pm »

I seem to be running into something (I assume) that is a bug. I have an elf and a goblin both caged and stockpiled near a pit, but when I go to select them in the pitting menu, they don't show up. All the wild animals, like wolverines, yaks, unicorns etc, are available however. Is this just a vanilla thing where sentients don't show up as pittable creatures?
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2015, 08:13:07 pm »

I seem to be running into something (I assume) that is a bug. I have an elf and a goblin both caged and stockpiled near a pit, but when I go to select them in the pitting menu, they don't show up. All the wild animals, like wolverines, yaks, unicorns etc, are available however. Is this just a vanilla thing where sentients don't show up as pittable creatures?
Known issue: intelligent beings can be neither pitted nor assigned to a chain in 0.42.03 (9271 and similar reports).
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2015, 08:50:29 pm »

Known issue: intelligent beings can be neither pitted nor assigned to a chain in 0.42.03 (9271 and similar reports).
Oh good, then I don't have to report it again.
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2015, 01:27:11 am »

Oh good, then I don't have to report it again.
But a save that showcases the bug in a reproducible way, that can help.  Having more than one such save can weed out the coincidences from the causes.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2015, 06:43:03 am »

I'm useless with Mantis, so I cannot report it there. I embark with an all-miners-bar-one-lumberjack embark and start setting up a fort to use in future. This meant moats and fortifications of every type, a sort of small megaproject. I dig a moat that ends in a waterfall (The moat feeds off a river coming into my map).The Liaison and caravan arrives. The caravan decides to swim through 5/7 water despite the still-dry land south of it. It loses all the stuff which gets pushed over the waterfall. A miner of mine drowned in the thing along with all the merchants and wagons and wagon pullers. The liaison refuses to leave the fort, hanging around in a tavern instead after doing the trade agreement stuff. Then the river froze over and the animals which were in the cages in the wagon died from icification, but showed up in the units list, even allowing me to (z)oom to location, which just showed ice walls.

TL;DR: Merchants path through 5/7 water despite having a clear path downstream, Liaison refuses to leave if the caravan is destroyed and caged animals that die from ice stay on the units screen as alive.

For the last one, still waiting to see if they can 'die' of starvation when already dead, as there was a few caged horses and llamas
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2015, 06:53:56 am »

Great work, Toady!

By the way, the new QUICKLIME material has [SOLID_DENSITY:*******] which looks like a forgotten placeholder.
Dolomite: "maked" instead of "made".
In book names, Practicioner should be Practitioner.

(yes I'm getting all the vanilla changes into OldGenesis mod, using WinMerge to detect changes)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:11:47 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2015, 07:11:47 am »

I'm useless with Mantis, so I cannot report it there. I embark with an all-miners-bar-one-lumberjack embark and start setting up a fort to use in future. This meant moats and fortifications of every type, a sort of small megaproject. I dig a moat that ends in a waterfall (The moat feeds off a river coming into my map).The Liaison and caravan arrives. The caravan decides to swim through 5/7 water despite the still-dry land south of it. It loses all the stuff which gets pushed over the waterfall. A miner of mine drowned in the thing along with all the merchants and wagons and wagon pullers. The liaison refuses to leave the fort, hanging around in a tavern instead after doing the trade agreement stuff. Then the river froze over and the animals which were in the cages in the wagon died from icification, but showed up in the units list, even allowing me to (z)oom to location, which just showed ice walls.

TL;DR: Merchants path through 5/7 water despite having a clear path downstream, Liaison refuses to leave if the caravan is destroyed and caged animals that die from ice stay on the units screen as alive.

For the last one, still waiting to see if they can 'die' of starvation when already dead, as there was a few caged horses and llamas
There is 9297, Visitors refuse to leave fort. If you select that liaison of your via "v", does it show something like "This visitor came for diplomacy and relax"? Occured in my fort too, 9303: Liaison conducts the meeting but then stays in temple as a visitor after merchants leave, doing nothing.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 08:04:55 am »

Great work, Toady!

By the way, the new QUICKLIME material has [SOLID_DENSITY:*******] which looks like a forgotten placeholder.
Dolomite: "maked" instead of "made".
In book names, Practicioner should be Practitioner.

(yes I'm getting all the vanilla changes into OldGenesis mod, using WinMerge to detect changes)
I have reported those to Mantis. Nice finds.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:10:43 am by Detros »
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2015, 09:35:00 am »

Awesome!
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2015, 11:33:33 am »

I hadn't the time to play these last weeks but I will play this promising new update for the Christmas vacations.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2015, 12:00:05 pm »

There seems to be a bug where, if you retire a site while it has guests, then upon returning they are marked as "hostile" and just hang around, never leaving or socializing.

I think it was reported by someone at the bug tracker - this bug makes difficult to train a adventurer to retire it at a retired fortress.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2015, 12:05:56 pm »

(*) Fixed one way for horses to become playable

The patch notes terrify me. They give us a glimpse of a truly disturbing world. How many ways of accidentally becoming a horse are still out there?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2015, 03:29:25 pm »

(*) Fixed one way for horses to become playable

The patch notes terrify me. They give us a glimpse of a truly disturbing world. How many ways of accidentally becoming a horse are still out there?
What have you got against Houyhnhnms?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2015, 08:27:47 pm »

Also not so much a bug as a peeve, but having to dismiss page upon page of the passive dialogue every time you move is... terrible.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7