Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.03 Released  (Read 61973 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.03 Released
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2015, 02:26:17 pm »

Is it normal for visitors to show up as open vampires?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2015, 05:36:13 pm »

Is it normal for visitors to show up as open vampires?
It is currently normal but it is considered a bug: see 9194, "Vampire Guests have nature revealed in their profession".
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2015, 07:37:10 pm »

"Me too!"

Military dwarves are much better at putting on armor now, but still not quite right.  A dwarf with "over clothing" will replace a cap with a helm (YES!), but will not replace gloves/mittens with gauntlets, and will not replace socks/shoes with high boots.

Toggling the dwarf to "replace clothing" makes him put on the gauntlets and high boots.  So at least there's still that workaround.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2015, 10:12:44 pm »

"Me too!"

Military dwarves are much better at putting on armor now, but still not quite right.  A dwarf with "over clothing" will replace a cap with a helm (YES!), but will not replace gloves/mittens with gauntlets, and will not replace socks/shoes with high boots.

Toggling the dwarf to "replace clothing" makes him put on the gauntlets and high boots.  So at least there's still that workaround.
That bugs been in the game for a while AFAIK, I started playing in v34.11 and had that issue.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2015, 11:27:16 am »

There are so many military/equipment bugs on the bug tracker that I couldn't figure out where to add this information.

Is this the same bug as we had back in 0.34, or a new one?  I honestly don't know.  The code certainly has changed, because dwarves replacing a cap with a helm is a GODSEND!  That's fixed for sure.  So, are gauntlets and boots part of some special new bug, or just an incomplete fix of an old one?  I don't know.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2015, 01:48:40 pm »

Caps were easy because I just needed to check for the shaped tag.  Layer size predictions/inventory corrections are harder to do quickly (both cpu and code-wise), so those conflicts will take more time.  I'm not sure what would happen if you added the [SHAPED] tag to handwear and boots/shoes (not socks), but it might work.  [SHAPED] should probably be on the shoes, at least, in vanilla.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2015, 04:54:54 pm »

I added [SHAPED] to shoes, high boots, low boots and sandals.  This seems to work well -- my test dwarf with "over clothing" removed his civilian shoes (but left the socks on) and put on his steel high boots.

I'm not sure how to handle gloves, though.  The wiki's information on gloves, gauntlets and mittens doesn't seem to match how 0.42 works in practice.  The Size and Layer values are unchanged in the raws, but they must be interpreted differently, somehow.

The "easy" fix would be to add [SHAPED] to gloves, I think.  That should force them to remove gloves to equip gauntlets.  But I didn't test this, and I'm not sure how it will interact with mittens.

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2015, 03:14:58 am »

It's sporadic for me, but some forts, sparring reports won't be shown at all for training dorfs. My past one, Tourboat, for example, didn't get any sparring messages, but in my newest one they're there immediately. Don't know if this has been reported as a bug or just something that happens.
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2015, 03:59:50 am »

It's sporadic for me, but some forts, sparring reports won't be shown at all for training dorfs. My past one, Tourboat, for example, didn't get any sparring messages, but in my newest one they're there immediately. Don't know if this has been reported as a bug or just something that happens.
Reported in 9294, "Sparring is bugged, Sparring Reports don't show up and Dwarves don't gain skill from sparring". It seems that sparring reports and stat/skill advances do occurr when there is sparring but in some forts dwarves just do not spar at all.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2015, 07:55:00 am »

I added [SHAPED] to shoes, high boots, low boots and sandals.  This seems to work well -- my test dwarf with "over clothing" removed his civilian shoes (but left the socks on) and put on his steel high boots.

I'm not sure how to handle gloves, though.  The wiki's information on gloves, gauntlets and mittens doesn't seem to match how 0.42 works in practice.  The Size and Layer values are unchanged in the raws, but they must be interpreted differently, somehow.

The "easy" fix would be to add [SHAPED] to gloves, I think.  That should force them to remove gloves to equip gauntlets.  But I didn't test this, and I'm not sure how it will interact with mittens.
I just tested this myself and it seemed to work OK. Military dwarf replaced his shoes and gloves with boots and gauntlets but kept his socks and mittens on. So far so good.

But then I switched him to inactive to see if he'd change back into his civvies. He's now running back and forth in a panic between the barracks and his gloves which he dropped on a hill for some reason. He's taken off his helmet and gauntlets but can't seem to figure out what to do with his gloves and shoes.

Deleting [SHAPED] from the gloves and shoes seems to have got him back to normal.

Dust Bunnies

• Bay Watcher
  • help
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2015, 11:12:42 am »

(*) Stopped cats from dying of alcohol poisoning after walking over damp tavern floors and cleaning themselves (reduced effect)

holy shit

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2015, 01:42:14 pm »

Hi Toady, the current (24.12.2015) OldGenesis mod raws crash the world generation more than 50% of the time, pretty reproducible. Mostly in the finalizing sites or civs phase.
Does vanilla's worldgen crash often too?

Could be issue http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9309 but these are medium regions, < 150 years.
or issue http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9248
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 01:46:53 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2015, 03:04:08 pm »

Hi Toady, the current (24.12.2015) OldGenesis mod raws crash the world generation more than 50% of the time, pretty reproducible. Mostly in the finalizing sites or civs phase.
Does vanilla's worldgen crash often too?

Could be issue http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9309 but these are medium regions, < 150 years.
or issue http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9248
Most of the vanilla crashes during worldgen have been fixed as of 42.03, there might be a couple very rare ones left but all the glaring ones have been remedied.
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2015, 05:26:00 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug, or even if it's new to this version, but I noticed that soldiers that specifically got nose and ear injuries in a Danger Room™ will never ask for a diagnosis, and wander around bleeding to death while an entire surgical team passes her in the hallway. I've had about 4 drop dead after months of smashed in, infected ears and noses.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2015, 05:32:17 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug, or even if it's new to this version, but I noticed that soldiers that specifically got nose and ear injuries in a Danger Room™ will never ask for a diagnosis, and wander around bleeding to death while an entire surgical team passes her in the hallway. I've had about 4 drop dead after months of smashed in, infected ears and noses.
I checked Mantis and found 8137, "Cartilage lacks HEALING_RATE; noses and ears bleed forever and don't get treated".
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7