Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Roll to become the legend: turn 29: soiled chainmail and a voice in the air  (Read 27519 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 23: blessings, curses and friendly nomads.
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2016, 08:36:32 am »

By the way, it's "WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG.", not "WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG.".
((whoops, thanks for pointing that out. My english isn't all that amazing to begin with, and when it gets late the grammar tends to go down the shitter.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 24: ancient song, swamps and firewood
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2016, 07:30:07 pm »

Darius would shrug briefly.
"As long as you're fine with it. May I ask about this.. Kr'chl?"
He would let the nomad guide him around the ruins and listen carefully to what the nomad has to say.
He nods and starts heading off to the ruins, and you follow him.

"Kr'Chl is...god? But not god, for is real. Once, when desert was not desert, Kr'Chl sang to all of us and we knew duty. Now, Kr'Chl sleeps, sings no more. We wait, wander, until we hear song again."

You arrive at the ruins. The little square building is made out of plain stone, with some weird writing chiseled into it. The dome on top turns out to be shaped like a beetle. A stone door is ajar, and you're sure that if it were closed you wouldn't be able to notice that it was a door in the first place. One of the beasts next to the ruins stirs. The nomad points at them.

"Like us, they are children of Kr'Chl. But much stupid. Like horse, but for desert."

Internally meditate to find out what Death stole (was it just time?).

"I vote for going Northeast. Any objections?"

"Where in the northeast is the danger?"

Teleport Nik'Nak, PK, and myself to the location that the woman specifies.
"I don't know what the North East signifies in this land, but it can't be worse than 'the sands of the South'. I am at home in all lands, but the colder the better... Let us set forth for the North East.

Thank you, Lady. I hope we shall meet again."

Do not resist, but be surprised at being teleported. Although stranger things have happened recently.
Not so much time, as the magic that is keeping you in a state of undead. He basically took the magic that was keeping your skin and flesh in a state outside of the flow of time, meaning that they instantly aged the equivalent of the time you've been undead. I'm having a bit of hard time explaining this, does that make sense?

The Lady shrugs. "I know not the vision the Mother gave you, but north east lies the gate to the empire. Perhaps that is what she meant?"

You attempt to teleport the three of you to this empire. [4+1] You open a portal and the three of you step through. You find yourselves in a swamp like area. Up ahead there is a large Metal wall, easily as tall as the largest castle, sitting nestled between the mountain range. You see light coming from one of the two towers on either side of the wall, but you see no people.

Wow. My post didn't post.

Go to the village and ask about dwarves. Specifically any ones nearby.
You make the trek up the mountain's side, walking the path leading to Dunblane. Gradually the path changes from green grass to dirt and rocks, and eventually to snow. You arrive at the village well past noon. You ask the people on its streets about the dwarves. A group of men carrying firewood stop, setting their firewood on the ground in front of them.

"Only dwarves around these parts are the buggers in Durmod ain't they?"
"Right, that pass down the slope? I hear they're nasty folk"
"Don't believe everything hear, Jim, I heard they were perfectly agreeable."
"Who from, then?"
"Some trader when I went to the big city. Said he uses their pass to get to the empire faster than the mountain roads."
"Wot, just like that?"
"Nah, they need some kind of fee I think. Didn't ask him what it was though."
"Well, there you have it, uh, kind traveller. If you don't mind..."

The three of them gather their firewood and walk off to their homes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2016, 05:00:10 am »

((sorry! Completely missed the update!))

Nyaknyak eyes the wall beadily and warily from afar. It’s cold and ugly and unnatural.

”Well. We should go and investigate whatever it is that is unnatural and corrupting, I suppose. I shall just go and have a closer look, unless you have a more cunning plan?”

Unless a more cunning plan is proposed, transform into a hawk and perform a brief flyover to determine what exactly this wall construction thing is. And what is behind it?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2016, 12:50:54 pm »

"Please wait for a moment."

Cast share senses on Nik-Nak, PK, and myself.

"Now you may go."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 25: staring dwarves and purple crystals
« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2016, 06:55:22 pm »

"Thank you for your time."

Up to Durmod!
You head to Durmod, backtracking a bit and taking a different road. It takes you through a narrow passage in the mountain. At some point along the narrow path, the ground simply stops. There is a deep chasm, so deep that even in perfect daylight you cannot see the bottom. On the other side of the chasm is a drawbridge. Just above the drawbridge, there are holes in the mountain side.

When you squint a bit, you can see a small metal helmet and a set of eyes peering out from above the hole. Clearly, whoever this is is looking straight at you. He or she hasn't moved or spoken yet.

((sorry! Completely missed the update!))

Nyaknyak eyes the wall beadily and warily from afar. It’s cold and ugly and unnatural.

”Well. We should go and investigate whatever it is that is unnatural and corrupting, I suppose. I shall just go and have a closer look, unless you have a more cunning plan?”

Unless a more cunning plan is proposed, transform into a hawk and perform a brief flyover to determine what exactly this wall construction thing is. And what is behind it?

"Please wait for a moment."

Cast share senses on Nik-Nak, PK, and myself.

"Now you may go."
Akinaro casts his magic on NyakNyak before the shaman goes scouting.

NyakNyak then shifts into a hawk and flies up into the air, making circles over the structure to find out what it actually might be. The structure seems to be made entirely out of metal. The top side of the wall has a deeep groove that allow people to walk from one end to the other while being able to duck behind the wall. It's basically a very large, fully metal defensive wall.

Behind the wall the marshland abrubtly stops. All the vegetation has been burned down or chopped up. There are traces of battle and NyakNyak can see a small village further along the path. The houses are burned, and it seems like people are taking apart structures and loading the materials on horse drawn carts. When trying to get a glimpse through the window of the room that has a light burning inside, he sees an armoured knight walking around the room. On a whim, he flies a bit closer to the village. Knights and villagers alike are tearing down structures and loading the materials on carts. The knights are all armoured up, but NyakNyak can see tiny purple crystals portruding from the villagers' skin. Just then, he sees two knight running after a villager. The man stumbles, and one of the knights grabs. While he struggles, the second knight stabs the man in the chest with a large purple object. The villager falls over on the ground and the knights walk off, going back to tearing down structures. After a few minutes, the villager begins to twitch. Moments after he groggily stands up and walks over to the knights and starts helping them tear down the building.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2016, 11:33:32 pm »

Use dig to create a pit, then cover the top with a Wall of Force. Teleport one of the Knights that Nik'Nak can see into the pit.

"Who are you, who commands you, and why are you destroying villages?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2016, 04:15:36 am »

While this interrogation is going on, continue to scout, with two objectives:

1 - try to land on the metal wall: can I discern anything particular about it? Smell? Unnaturalness? Does it seem hollow or able to move?
2 - any indication as to where the carts loaded with bits of village are going?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2016, 01:18:18 pm »

Darius would continue to listen quietly and respectfully, looking the beast over with curiosity.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use dig to create a pit, then cover the top with a Wall of Force. Teleport one of the Knights that Nik'Nak can see into the pit.

"Who are you, who commands you, and why are you destroying villages?"
Ain't no such spell as dig. There's these magical apparati called elbow grease and a shovel though. Not sure how much good those are going to do you in a swamp like environtment, but there you have it.

While this interrogation is going on, continue to scout, with two objectives:

1 - try to land on the metal wall: can I discern anything particular about it? Smell? Unnaturalness? Does it seem hollow or able to move?
2 - any indication as to where the carts loaded with bits of village are going?

You fly over to the wall and land on a piece that juts out of the side of one of the towers. You tap it a few times with your beak. It's an odd thing, it looks like normal metal but it's slightly warm to the touch. When you're up close like this, you can see that there are the same kind of tiny crystal on its surface as with the villager you saw earlier.

You fly back up and take a look at where the carts are going. They seem to all be going in one direction, a large paved road leading North-Northeast. There's a whole line of them, all moving with that same slow, deliberate pace.

Examine the drawbridge, while keeping my eyes on the figure (which I assume to be a dwarf) but pretend not to notice them.
Well, you can only see the underside of the drawbridge since it's up right now. It looks like it's made out of stout oaken beams reinforced with metal. While pacing back and forth, you also manage to keep your eye on the dwarf. You see the helmet move back and forth in time with your own movements. It doesn't look as if it's noticed that you can see it.

Darius would continue to listen quietly and respectfully, looking the beast over with curiosity.
The beast is a bit odd. It has something of a horse, but only in a certain sense. It has green chitin al over, has six legs that end in claws and instead of the "snout" of a horse its face is flat with big mandibles. The nomad pats it on the side and it does a clicking noise with its mandibles in return.

"Well, I can tell you-"

The nomad abrudbtly stops speaking, and the animals go quiet as well. All of them just stare straight ahead. You can, very faintly, hear some kind of noise coming from the shrine. A kind of high pitched wail, which for some reason sounds quite pleasing. When it stops, the nomad just stares at you, making clicking noises. Before long, another nomad comes running from the shrine. He clicks and the first nomad translates.

"Elder...Elder say, "Kr'Chl sings for warrior from far away. Kr'Chl Requires talk." I know this to be truth." The torch flickers, showing the rags covering his face. Even underneath the rags, you can see he is crying. "I know is truth, because I was hear song we have not hear for generations. Please, go shrine. Please."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Repeat my last action, but use Disintegrate instead of Dig.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Looking to the elder for approval briefly, he would look back to the nomad."Please, bring my companion to this camp. I do not wish for him to be harmed while I am away."
he would then, with the elder's approval, carefully enter the shrine.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Fly out of sight, and change to a crow. Then fly along the path to the NNE for as long as it takes for Athath to carry out his interrogation plan. Where are they taking these bits of village?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 27: Magic problems, elders, firing squad
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2016, 05:49:14 pm »

Repeat my last action, but use Disintegrate instead of Dig.
Actual mages don't do physical labour, that's for magicless plebs. You aim your finger at a patch of ground in front of you and [2+1] a slightly too weak beam blows a hole in the ground that is only barely large enough to fit a man, if they were crouching. You then put a wall of force over it.

Now, remember how teleportation works? You open a hole in one place and then one in another and step through. How are you going to get the knight into the pit?

Fly out of sight, and change to a crow. Then fly along the path to the NNE for as long as it takes for Athath to carry out his interrogation plan. Where are they taking these bits of village?

You turn into a crow and follow the path the carts are taking. The interrogation has run into some unforseen problems, so you follow it for quite a while. You eventually come upon a large, walled city. The road you followed goes into the southern gate, and there are two other gates besides that one. Each gate has a steady trickle of carts coming in and going out. In the center of the city is a sort of large building made out of white stone. It's circular and has three tiers, with a large tower rising from the center. It seems like the materials are being brought into this building in particular, but you can't see why.

Looking to the elder for approval briefly, he would look back to the nomad."Please, bring my companion to this camp. I do not wish for him to be harmed while I am away."
he would then, with the elder's approval, carefully enter the shrine.
The two nomads nod and go to your camp to retrieve the knight. You carefully push the stone door open a little more and go into the tunnel. The tunnel is hewn into stone, but it's oddly textured. It looks flat at first sight, but when you run your hand over it you can feel tiny little imperfections, as if it was made by a thousand gnomes with tiny tiny chisels. You go deeper and deeper, the light of torches gradually giving way to the dim light of glowing crystals in the stone.

The tunnel stops going downward after a while and turns horizontal. Soon you enter a sort of cavern and find a nomad sitting cross legged on the ground. When you enter, he stands up, towering over you by at least a foot. Unlike the two nomads outside, this one has four arms and his chitin is pale white in colour. Must be the elder they talked about.

"You. I should be angry that Kr'Chl wishes to see you instead of one of our kind. But the sweetness of the song we have not heard in generations washes away such petty anger. You are from now on K'lltch, family of our tribe. Please, enter the sacred passage at the end of this room when you are ready. Kr'Chl awaits."

Summon a gun, shoot it at the ground. Then aim it at the bridge.
((How deliciously vague.)) [4+1] ((boo. Normal good gun it is then.))

You summon an FN FAL and shoot the ground. You then aim up at the bridge, just in time to see the helmet vanish from sight. Moments later, about a dozen helmets appear on the wall, each bracing a sort of blunderbuss looking gun on the wall pointing towards you.

"Ach, don't do anything foolish outsider! Lay down your weapon and state your business before this gits messy!"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 06:20:05 pm by Pancaek »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2016, 06:23:30 pm »

Teleport a short or crouching infected person into my pit. Interrogate them (I already said how in a previous turn).

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2016, 06:33:15 pm »

Teleport a short or crouching infected person into my pit. Interrogate them (I already said how in a previous turn).
((right, but how are you going to get the knight to go into the portal? Remember the time with the necromancer in the air? It opens a sort of doorway a little bit off the ground. Think a sort of sphere that hovers there and you have to step into.))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14