Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225185 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.03 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2017, 04:29:48 pm »

I don't know if this is the rigth place to ask, but I have a question about Legend Viewer:
there is a way to have a "real time" Legend Viewer?
For example: every in-game year the tool automatically export a new XML file of the current word (deleting the old one to save memory) so you can read also about new historical figures/artifacts/beast/events.
P.S: This is a great tool, I love to explore in detail the history of every world!

Yes, there is an awesome DFHack script that lets you explore legends mode during regular fortress play.
open-legends

Thank you very much!!! :)
Has been known to rip the world open letting forth screaming hordes of circus fun on occasion. Not to mention save corruption. But...I guess that..might be fixed now. Keep a backup. :)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2017, 04:12:43 pm »

The save corruption is believed to be fixed, i.e. a correction has been made and the problem hasn't been seen after that.

A rather minor issue uncovered in another thread: Legends Viewer 1.19.03 lists Blizzard Men as Animal People, while it was pointed out that they are slow learners, and thus ought to join trolls and ogres in the "animals" category.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2017, 01:37:11 pm »

A rather minor issue uncovered in another thread: Legends Viewer 1.19.03 lists Blizzard Men as Animal People, while it was pointed out that they are slow learners, and thus ought to join trolls and ogres in the "animals" category.

I don't have the information what really counts as animal people. Categorizing a race as animal people only depends on the string ending with "... Men" at the moment. Without additionally parsing the raws or hardcoding every DF race, there is no chance of making this decision.  :-\

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2017, 05:19:48 pm »

I don't have the information what really counts as animal people. Categorizing a race as animal people only depends on the string ending with "... Men" at the moment. Without additionally parsing the raws or hardcoding every DF race, there is no chance of making this decision.  :-\
Thanks for explaining the reason.

I think the tag that they can become heroes is required for animal people to join civs (and I assume that rules out the subterranean animal people, although I haven't checked). I believe there are two hero tags, one for joining civs and one for allowing them to be played in adventure mode. Slow learner should disable animal peopleness (and it shouldn't appear together with the hero tag(s) anyway). EXOTIC_PET should disable them as animal people (that would cause them to behave like gremlins, I think).
Going by the "men" suffix would exclude Gorlaks (and include non sapients like magma men, but those probably never show up in settlements), by the way. However, I guess this kind of logic requires RAW parsing (which is far superior to hard coding, but I guess it's not something you like to do when there's no other reason to read them).
The above is from my memory of how it works approximately. I believe others actually know how it works.
Regardless, it's not exactly a major issue.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2017, 06:28:23 pm »

Anybody else not see any buttons to import legends files?...

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2017, 04:31:33 am »

Anybody else not see any buttons to import legends files?...

megaBadger had the same problem. I couldn't reproduce it but I reopened the issue on github.
Cannot select xml file

Can you provide more information there. Operating system, screen resolution and DPI could be helpful.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2017, 06:28:34 pm »

Windows 10 64-Bit (Up to Date)

Dual Monitor
Main -- 2560x1600
Side -- 900x1440 in portrait mode

Not sure about DPI?...  I have a Custom Scaling factor of 113%
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2017, 10:25:12 am »

Windows 10 64-Bit (Up to Date)

Dual Monitor
Main -- 2560x1600
Side -- 900x1440 in portrait mode

Not sure about DPI?...  I have a Custom Scaling factor of 113%

It looks like Windows Forms does not do well with custom scaling. 125% 150% 225% were fine but with 113% scaling factor I could reproduce this bug.  I changed the order of the controls so that the buttons are on the left side of the textboxes and made a few other tweaks.
In the next version you will be able to import the legends files. Thanks for reporting this bug.  :)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2017, 05:47:45 pm »

Nice!  Thanks!  I love this tool for understanding my DF worlds.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.04 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #144 on: December 25, 2017, 09:07:48 am »

New Release 1.19.04!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# Support for DF Hack 0.44.01-beta1
### Features
- support for DF Hack 0.44.01-beta1
- performance improvements historical figures ToLink()

### Enhancements
- better readability for written content type in navigation table

### Bugfix
- fix for custom scaling DPI
- fixed duplicated structures when loading legends_plus.xml
- object of worship sometimes not found if it is a force of nature

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data.
The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in [Lazy Newb Pack](http://lazynewbpack.com/) for exporting the additional XML file!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2017, 02:34:24 pm »

I was going to report a crash, then I saw this new version, the crash is gone  ;).

But what it tells me about my fortress can not be true: 131 losses in a battle that's supposedly happened while I was gone with my adventurer; bringing my population count down to 79, which is only off by 60...

I did "exportlegends info" on 44.03 with the new dfhack via "open-legends"
let

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2017, 03:36:31 pm »

I was going to report a crash, then I saw this new version, the crash is gone  ;).

But what it tells me about my fortress can not be true: 131 losses in a battle that's supposedly happened while I was gone with my adventurer; bringing my population count down to 79, which is only off by 60...

I did "exportlegends info" on 44.03 with the new dfhack via "open-legends"
Does that include the huge wave of visitors that showed up shortly after you retired?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2017, 06:09:59 pm »

It shows 79 dwarves for civilized populations and 30 visitors of all races. Ingame both citizens and others are well above 100. The xml was exported something like a week after unretiring.
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2017, 06:28:55 pm »

Oh well take all that with a grain of salt... My game is just weird AF. That battle can never have happened, the ennemy has to many kills and I'm missing too little people. But even weirder:

I got nobles, something I did not have before retiring, but here is the weird part: 2 of them I assume are procedural and chosen out of a general population because they have no history prior to becoming noble in some far away thing that barely isn't a ruin. But one of the new nobles lived here prior to that, and he is now also baron of some far away hillocks. Except that my civ only rules over my fortress and the place my adventurer comes from.

Oh yeah the place my adventurer comes from is ruled by a subgovernement my starting 7 consider to be a criminal organisation if all that wasn't weird enough.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:30:48 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2017, 03:28:47 pm »

Generating several worlds testing a mod civilisation. Using Legends Viewer to see what's going on in them, see if my changes are having any effect. Found this gem in one world:

???
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31