Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 222447 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.04 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2017, 03:54:54 pm »

Generating several worlds testing a mod civilisation. Using Legends Viewer to see what's going on in them, see if my changes are having any effect. Found this gem in one world:

???

Pado mellowed out after becoming an inn keeper. After reuniting with his undead nemesis 30 years on, they drunk together until dawn and discovered a newfound respect for one another. How sweet. :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 03:57:01 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2017, 06:08:19 pm »

Generating several worlds testing a mod civilisation. Using Legends Viewer to see what's going on in them, see if my changes are having any effect. Found this gem in one world:

???

Pado mellowed out after becoming an inn keeper. After reuniting with his undead nemesis 30 years on, they drunk together until dawn and discovered a newfound respect for one another. How sweet. :)

This is why I love DF.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2017, 04:37:27 am »

I did "exportlegends info" on 44.03 with the new dfhack via "open-legends"
I didn't even know you can "exportlegends" during "open-legends". It looks like "open-legends" retires the fortress in the background and every vacant noble position got filled with a dwarf of my starting seven in my test run.
Don't know what happens in the background when you "open-legends" during adventure mode.

Oh well take all that with a grain of salt... My game is just weird AF. That battle can never have happened, the ennemy has to many kills and I'm missing too little people. But even weirder:

I got nobles, something I did not have before retiring, but here is the weird part: 2 of them I assume are procedural and chosen out of a general population because they have no history prior to becoming noble in some far away thing that barely isn't a ruin. But one of the new nobles lived here prior to that, and he is now also baron of some far away hillocks. Except that my civ only rules over my fortress and the place my adventurer comes from.

Oh yeah the place my adventurer comes from is ruled by a subgovernement my starting 7 consider to be a criminal organisation if all that wasn't weird enough.
After retiring a fortress, DF might make some weird choices but I don't think these are bugs.
Compare vanilla legends mode with the information LegendsViewer provides and if they don't match, please open an issue and upload the save to DFFD.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

???
Haha, this is awesome!  :D

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2017, 12:23:46 pm »

TBH I don't exactly trust the thing, so if it retires I have info about a battle that was not saved. I was hoping it was some DFusion magic  ;D (I don't really understand that side of DFHack). It's entirely possible, but so far every specific information I consulted the legendsviewer for, showed no indication of being from an alternate timeline. Sadly I'm unable to tell which unretirement caused the nobility, I didn't notice soon enough and I'm not particularly interested in going trough backups, especially since there is no guarantee unretirement delays will generate the same history.

Then there is that whole shitstorm with me enrolling demon masters and killing all the hostiles that stand around after you unretire... A few months later one demon killed a baron of some town his civ is ennemy with, did they never cross paths before? Luckily it did cause no loyalty cascade. Ah btw their presence tells me that in any case the battle happened after my adventurer came back.

I'd love to know more about how the game considers things, but DF remains mysterious and I keep ruining the test samples with my ambitions of fun.
let

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2018, 08:15:39 am »

Could you take a look at the world in the link below:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13452

In-game Legends Mode tells of a minotaur civilization named "The Contained Insanities". These don't appear in the list of minotaur civs (fallen or otherwise) in Legends Viewer. However scrolling down the summary indicates a war fought by the Contained Insanities, a group of "Unknown".

Exporting xml with DFhack lists them correctly in the war-list as a group of minotaurs. But they still don't correctly appear as an actual minotaur civilization which Legends Mode indicates they are. So this is either Legends Mode missing something, or some deeply broken connections within DF itself (I have caught Legends Mode mentioning "An Unknown Civilization" recently, so there's some connection issues going on somewhere).

Let me know if you want a save or DFhack exported xml.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2018, 12:51:18 pm »

Let me know if you want a save or DFhack exported xml.

Please upload a zip that contains these files:
Code: [Select]
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt

You can check the regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt file if it contains your civilization.
If not, I think it might only be a faction of a larger civilization and gets wrongly labeled as a civilization from DF.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2018, 04:06:53 pm »

OK. Updated the files attached at DFFD.

I doubt it's being labelled wrongly as a civ.
Like I said, DF Legends Mode calls it a civ and has a full history for it, including appointment of civ level positions.
(WorldViewer is also happy to list it as a civ - in both regular extracted XML and XML extracted with DFHack).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 04:17:37 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2018, 02:56:38 pm »

OK. Updated the files attached at DFFD.

I doubt it's being labelled wrongly as a civ.
Like I said, DF Legends Mode calls it a civ and has a full history for it, including appointment of civ level positions.
(WorldViewer is also happy to list it as a civ - in both regular extracted XML and XML extracted with DFHack).

Thanks Shonai_Dweller!
The bug occurred in big worlds with entities that have the same name. In your case there was also a nomadic group called "The Contained Insanities".
Your ~1GB legends file was a rich source of duplicated names for both entities and historical figures.  :D

I made the world_history.txt and world_sites_and_pops.txt parser a lot more robust and will release a new version after I have done some more testing.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2018, 03:26:10 pm »

Ah, yes, I do end up with a lot of duplicates. Especially with all those Utterances tribes. :)
Glad to have been of some use. This is an essential util for me.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.05 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2018, 03:34:09 am »

New Release 1.19.05!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# new hf freed event + tweaks and bugfixes
### Features
- added new historical figure freed event
- added changehfstate reason (lack of sleep)

### Enhancements
- made history and sitepops parsers more robust

### Bugfix
- fixed a bug when the name of an entity was duplicated
- population correctly passed to parent entities
- fix event assumeidentity crash if target is null
- assume identity typo

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data.
The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in [Lazy Newb Pack](http://lazynewbpack.com/) for exporting the additional XML file!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2018, 04:23:23 am »

When do hf's suffer lack of sleep?  :)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2018, 04:48:04 am »

When do hf's suffer lack of sleep?  :)

They can get a mood because of a lack of sleep.  :D

Something like:
{hf} was striken by melancholy in {site} due to lack of sleep.

I download saves of community games from dffd every now and then, to see if I find new things in legends. There are a lot of uncommon legend entries that happen only on rare occasions.
Especially death causes are really funny and macabre sometimes: 
A cat fell into a deep chasm. (personal favorit ;D)
{hf} was encased in cooling magma.
{hf} was fed to beasts.
{hf} was killed by a vehicle.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2018, 12:02:25 pm »

I've gotten exceptions for some visiting characters when I've tried to do background checks on them. I would guess you'd like to look at what's causing that, so I've provided the exported legends here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/daygb4xsurm8mwb/Exported%20Legend.zip?dl=0
I've tried it with the latest version (1.19.05) after it failed with the one in the LNP. The DF version is 0.44.05 with the world generated with the same version, and the character I was looking for was Zulur Segokxem/Ochremyths.
The character is listed, but an exception box is brought up when I try to get details on him.

Very useful utility (although I did actually manage to do the check using Legends Mode, but that's an undesired fallback option).

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2018, 04:35:01 am »

I've gotten exceptions for some visiting characters when I've tried to do background checks on them. I would guess you'd like to look at what's causing that, so I've provided the exported legends here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/daygb4xsurm8mwb/Exported%20Legend.zip?dl=0
I've tried it with the latest version (1.19.05) after it failed with the one in the LNP. The DF version is 0.44.05 with the world generated with the same version, and the character I was looking for was Zulur Segokxem/Ochremyths.
The character is listed, but an exception box is brought up when I try to get details on him.

Very useful utility (although I did actually manage to do the check using Legends Mode, but that's an undesired fallback option).

Thanks!
It crashes because the attacker entity in a battle where Zulur Ochremyths took part is null. This leads to lots of other problems and crashes in various places where information from that battle is processed.
I will try to find the root cause of this problem but it most likely will have to wait till the weekend.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2018, 04:50:45 am »

Thanks for looking into it. My starting guess would be that since the world was generated with culling of unimportant hist figs, this might cause references to them to be null when exported.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31