Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225916 times)

a52

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes crows for their intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.05 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2018, 04:42:08 pm »

I'm getting an exception when I try to view my adventurer, Udib Lashedraked. The XML looks fine to me (as far as I can tell), and there are no errors or missing things in the DF legends mode. (Note: When Udib's pages is clicked on from the search bar, it causes an exception, when it's opened from a link, it's just blank)

Here's the file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13471

I'm using v1.19.04, I don't know yet if it crashes in v1.19.05

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.05 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2018, 08:59:37 am »

I'm getting an exception when I try to view my adventurer, Udib Lashedraked. The XML looks fine to me (as far as I can tell), and there are no errors or missing things in the DF legends mode. (Note: When Udib's pages is clicked on from the search bar, it causes an exception, when it's opened from a link, it's just blank)

Here's the file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13471

I'm using v1.19.04, I don't know yet if it crashes in v1.19.05

I just tried it with 1.19.04 and 1.19.05. I get the exception in 1.19.04 but not in the newer version.  ;)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.06 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2018, 07:37:02 am »

New Release 1.19.06!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# Hotfix
### Bugfix
- null reference crash fix for battles with no attacker entity

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data.
The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in [Lazy Newb Pack](http://lazynewbpack.com/) for exporting the additional XML file!

Thanks for looking into it. My starting guess would be that since the world was generated with culling of unimportant hist figs, this might cause references to them to be null when exported.

Sorry it took so long.   :)
I finally was able to look into it and it seems that the "attacked site" event can now happen in rare cases without an attacker civilization. It looks like the historical figures on the attacker side are often from different civilizations and are visiting the attacked site.
They have a reputation as treasure hunters in the defending civilization and are sometimes imprisoned after the battle.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2018, 08:33:44 am »

Thanks a lot!
It doesn't seem to be very rare, though, as it happens with every few visitors (or their spouses) I look at. I'll be back if I encounter any new (different) cases with the latest version.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2018, 09:55:51 pm »

Feature request time! Ignore me if this is unfeasible... it would be nice if we could export the world map with the programs overlays, such as civ placements and sites. For pocket maps I can usually just take a screenshot, but large maps are simply too large for it.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2018, 04:49:14 am »

I assume this is actually a DF issue, but I'll ask here anyway:
I'm looking at the history of my fortress, and it claims all attacks except the last one were made from a site that is currently not under the control of anyone. However, earlier exports showed a number of attacks were made from the goblin capital, which (sort of) matches with the force composition. In those exports this former elven retreat wasn't owned by anyone while these attacks were issued.
Thus, the history of where attacks originated keeps changing.

ogueta93

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2018, 02:59:19 pm »

Hi! In advance search when I try to search or order by Notable kill i get an exception.
I try to build other worlds, but always failed.

I'am using the 1.19.06 version and i get the xml file by DFHack.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2018, 11:43:03 pm »

Battle statistics for "Kills" are reversed on the map.
Open up a battle for the detailed breakdown showing total combatants, then click on the mini-map. When you hover the mouse over the battle location, the combatants / kills are shown but the kills are the reverse of what they should be.

So for example (looking at the battle in front of me): "The Crazed Sieges" was fought between "The Impunity of Hawks (Attacker) 1097 members, 33 losses"  and "The Roar of Fortune (Defender) 980 members, 980 losses.
Decisive victory for Minotaurs over Elves and their grizzly bears.

The map (on mouseover) shows the info: The Crazed Sieges (Battle) > Combatants: 1097/980 Kills: 980/33. It should be 33/980 of course.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2018, 07:16:08 am »

Battle statistics for "Kills" are reversed on the map.
Open up a battle for the detailed breakdown showing total combatants, then click on the mini-map. When you hover the mouse over the battle location, the combatants / kills are shown but the kills are the reverse of what they should be.

So for example (looking at the battle in front of me): "The Crazed Sieges" was fought between "The Impunity of Hawks (Attacker) 1097 members, 33 losses"  and "The Roar of Fortune (Defender) 980 members, 980 losses.
Decisive victory for Minotaurs over Elves and their grizzly bears.

The map (on mouseover) shows the info: The Crazed Sieges (Battle) > Combatants: 1097/980 Kills: 980/33. It should be 33/980 of course.

no. that makes sense. the hawks had 1097 combatants, killed 980 enemies. the fortunes had 980 combatants and killed 33.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2018, 10:37:12 am »

Minor artifact info bug (1.19.06):
The artifact Hairheat is claimed to have been lost at Newhope the Future of Knowledge (my fortress) at 0169-01-01 and again at 0192-01-01, well before the fortress was founded in 400. DF Legends Mode claims it was lost in 169 in the Elevated Forests and in The Competitive Hills in 192.
The Competitive Hills is a region, rather than a fortress, and so is The Elevated Forests. Interestingly, the entries after the loss ones are about unknown creatures (cull unimportant histfigs) recovering them in the regions they actually were lost in.
There is a later entry about it being lost in an actual fortress, which is correctly identified, so it seems the loss of an item in a region isn't interpreted properly.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.07 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2018, 10:35:12 am »

New Release 1.19.06!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# new and updated events + tweaks and bugfixes
### Features
- added tactical situation event
- added squad vs squad event

### Enhancements
- updated plunder site event
- updated hffreed event
- updated merchants event
- updated agreement events (tribute topic)
- updated sitetributeforced event (season)

### Bugfix
- various advanced search fixes
- artifact lost in region fix

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data.
The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in [Lazy Newb Pack](http://lazynewbpack.com/) for exporting the additional XML file!

Feature request time! Ignore me if this is unfeasible... it would be nice if we could export the world map with the programs overlays, such as civ placements and sites. For pocket maps I can usually just take a screenshot, but large maps are simply too large for it.
I added it to the idea list on the github page. here THX

Hi! In advance search when I try to search or order by Notable kill i get an exception.
I try to build other worlds, but always failed.

I'am using the 1.19.06 version and i get the xml file by DFHack.
Thanks for reporting. I neglected the advanced search feature for a long time.  :) All crashes should be gone now.

Minor artifact info bug (1.19.06):
The artifact Hairheat is claimed to have been lost at Newhope the Future of Knowledge (my fortress) at 0169-01-01 and again at 0192-01-01, well before the fortress was founded in 400. DF Legends Mode claims it was lost in 169 in the Elevated Forests and in The Competitive Hills in 192.
The Competitive Hills is a region, rather than a fortress, and so is The Elevated Forests. Interestingly, the entries after the loss ones are about unknown creatures (cull unimportant histfigs) recovering them in the regions they actually were lost in.
There is a later entry about it being lost in an actual fortress, which is correctly identified, so it seems the loss of an item in a region isn't interpreted properly.
You are absolutely right!
If an artifact gets lost in a region, the event information does not contain which region it was. So I took the optimistic approach and took the current location of the artifact that is stored in the artifact information itself. I didn't consider that artifacts can be found after they were lost.  :D
Now the current location of the artifact is only used if the "artifact lost" event is the last event that happend to this artifact.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2018, 07:57:41 am »

So I genned a 1,000-year, Medium-region world. When I try to load it, Legends Viewer throws a "Out of Memory" exception.
The Legends XML is 651 MB, Legends-Plus XML is 198. No other programs running.
Is there anything I could do to fix this, or is the world just too big to load?
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2018, 11:43:07 am »

So I genned a 1,000-year, Medium-region world. When I try to load it, Legends Viewer throws a "Out of Memory" exception.
The Legends XML is 651 MB, Legends-Plus XML is 198. No other programs running.
Is there anything I could do to fix this, or is the world just too big to load?
You need to provide more information:
- How much memory does your computer have?
- What OS are you using (including version)?
- 32 or 64 bit version? A 32 bit version will probably croak if it needs more than 2 GB. If you're using a 32 bit version on Windoze Large Address Aware patching might increase the addressable memory to 3 GB (I don't have any links to LAA patchers, although I used one several years ago with DF).

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2018, 04:06:18 pm »

Windows 7, 32 bit, 4 GB RAM (just over 3 GB usable).
This is my laptop; I haven't tried it on my desktop (which has better specs) but I'd like to get it running on the laptop, since it's terribly convenient.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Ha, nevermind. I loaded it on my desktop, and it takes 3+ gigs to run. Time for an upgrade, I suppose.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 04:38:58 pm by Loam »
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2018, 02:16:17 am »

I get a blank screen when I try to click on a destroyed (by user sent squads) necro tower site. If I do a search of the necromancers by name I get an exception.

Long: I played as a civ whose first queen turned a necromancer. I built a fortress to attack the tower she was in, according to Legends. My squads succeeded and destroyed the site, killing all necromancers. I retired then and exported the xml to read the details offgame, but that event didn't show / caused the crash.

I guess the possibility of destroying sites is not supported yet? It's just normal, it's a recent feature. I can provide the xml, if you are curious.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31