Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225751 times)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.09 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2018, 05:38:40 am »

I loaded in the program a legends plus file yet it doesn't show the Unknown Characters name. In the Masterworks Legends version it shows, using the same file. What am I doing wrong?
Edit: I am using DFHack

Are you sure you have all these files?:
Code: [Select]
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt
There may be some rare events with "UNKNOWN" texts, even with the legends plus file. But almost all of it should be fixed if you have exported the files properly.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2018, 01:46:14 pm »

Some discrepancies noted when getting down to raiding (v1.19.09):
- I've conquered two sites, and in both cases the map showed the site as belonging to the goblins I took it from at the end of the year of conquest (I export Legends info once per year, using DFHack so the extra data is exported as well). When looking at the site itself it correctly notes that it has been conquered. It's not unlikely it's a matter of DF exporting inconsistent info, of course.
- Similarly, I've been stealing books from a necro tower, and the events of the books being stolen are recorded, but at the top of the site entry it says (created, stored) for them (I haven't checked everyone, only two, but the number remaining is far less than the number listed, and one of the books was stolen in the first raid during the previous year). Again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's caused by inconsistent exported info.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2018, 02:22:07 am »

Some discrepancies noted when getting down to raiding (v1.19.09):
- I've conquered two sites, and in both cases the map showed the site as belonging to the goblins I took it from at the end of the year of conquest (I export Legends info once per year, using DFHack so the extra data is exported as well). When looking at the site itself it correctly notes that it has been conquered. It's not unlikely it's a matter of DF exporting inconsistent info, of course.
- Similarly, I've been stealing books from a necro tower, and the events of the books being stolen are recorded, but at the top of the site entry it says (created, stored) for them (I haven't checked everyone, only two, but the number remaining is far less than the number listed, and one of the books was stolen in the first raid during the previous year). Again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's caused by inconsistent exported info.

Can you take a look into the regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt file and search for the conquered sites. As far as I remember, I take the current owner of a site from there.
For your second issue, could you provide the exported files?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2018, 04:34:53 am »

The ...world_sites... file correctly showed the site as belonging to the dorfs. I've zipped it up in https://www.dropbox.com/s/swtois5351dmh67/Dwarf%20Fortress%200.44.12.zip?dl=0.
This zip file contains two sets of exported info. The earlier one is the one containing the issues mentioned, while the later shows is a "bonus" issue: The Necro tower Machinesprings (just south of the mountain block in the northern end of the map) throws an exception when clicked on (and doesn't show any info when hovered over). I suspect the tower to be completely empty, as I've raided it repeatedly and had a couple of raids report it just being searched, while most reported reported the dorfs slipping in undetected. Since you can ignore the reception and return from it it's not a serious issue, but it does block you from seeing the info on that site (like the slab the dorfs failed to bring back).

Back to the original issues: The books stolen were taken from the same necro tower mentioned above, i.e. Machinesprings. "The Secret of Creation" is listed as (created, stored) in Machinesprings, and listed as stored in "Newhope the Future of Knowledge", my fortress, to the south of Machinesprings. I suspect the logic looks at "stored" in the log for the book, but fails to account for the next entry "stolen" (i.e. no longer stored), when looking at the info on the book.

And the first issue: There's a civ connection line from Newhope to the SE to Seizerained. Two tiles to the west of that site you have Birdtufts, which is shown with goblin civ links, but it was in fact conquered by me (and the detailed info shows that to be the case, which is probably what you extract from the ...world_sites... file). The issue is that the civ level lines don't match that (and the screen on the doesn't list the sites. However, the summary screen lists The Sin of Clobbering as having 2 sites, while the world map shows 3 (the third one being the misrepresented one).

I hope I've managed to explain the issues. If not, please request clarifications.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2018, 06:27:31 am »

I hope I've managed to explain the issues. If not, please request clarifications.

Thanks! I already fixed the exception when clicking on the necro tower for the next version of Legends Viewer, but I will need a little more time for your other issues.
Your exports are a rich source of new features that were implemented in the last versions of DF.  :D
There are even two new events I have never encountered before: "entity expels hf" and "site surrendered"
Can you also upload the save, so I can get the exact wording for the new events from DF legends mode?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 30, 2018, 09:44:50 am »

Unfortunately, my fortress is dead due to a crash bug. However, that means a save is available on DFFD http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14083... (It's several days away from the crash, so Legends Mode should be available).

I've expelled several dorfs (and humies) as they were spiraling towards stress induced madness. I think, however, they were all expelled to sites (as opposed to expelled without a target location, which I had to do in my past dead civ fortress, as those can get no sites (due to a bug)).
The "site surrendered" presumably comes from me successfully demanding the surrender of two sites (there are no failures in there, though), and I haven't tried to raze sites.

Anyway, I'm happy to provide a little help to allow you to improve a great tool a little further.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2018, 05:26:10 am »

New Release 1.19.10!

Download here!

Source!

@PatrikLundell I hope that solves all your problems  ;)

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# New events, improvements and bugfixes
### Features
- added new event "entity expels hf"
- added new event "site surrendered"

### Enhancements
- improvements to related artifact state info
- improvements to states of related artifacts on site and historical figure pages
- various tweaks for site ownership icons on world map

### Bugfix
- history parser - read civ deities/leaders crash fix
- nullreference fix in "plundered site" event

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data.
The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in [Lazy Newb Pack](http://lazynewbpack.com/) for exporting the additional XML file!

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2018, 03:20:12 am »

I don't know if this has already been talked about, but two potential features I think would be neat to see are
1. Allowing us to see misc kills by hist figs. Sometimes one might kill only 5 historical figures and then like a few dozen unnamed ones, and we'd never know it unless we went into actual legends mode.
2. Reasons for why wars were fought. Not really high priority (neither is the other one really) but it might be neat to easily understand why people fight each other.
3. Ability to see who's in charge of bandit gangs, mostly for adventure mode quest purposes since you get a lot of orders to kill them.
Regardless though I'm definitely a fan and I've been using this for awhile, good luck with future updates.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:35:20 am by squamous »
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2019, 05:33:02 am »

I encountered an exception when trying to look up a hist fig (everything else I've looked has has worked OK).
The hist fig in question is "Stozu Witchsweats" in this Legends export: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r27u39a1u3sw9xb/Newhope%20legend.zip?dl=0.
Trying to get at the character via "The Oceans of Hatred" resulted in an empty screen, but no exception (again, the other members I looked at were fine).

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2019, 08:23:56 am »

I encountered an exception when trying to look up a hist fig (everything else I've looked has has worked OK).
The hist fig in question is "Stozu Witchsweats" in this Legends export: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r27u39a1u3sw9xb/Newhope%20legend.zip?dl=0.
Trying to get at the character via "The Oceans of Hatred" resulted in an empty screen, but no exception (again, the other members I looked at were fine).

Thanks PatrikLundell!
It was a NullReference Exception in the relatively new "Spottet Leaving Site" event. It is fixed, but I think I won't release a new version till DF gets its villain update.

I don't know if this has already been talked about, but two potential features I think would be neat to see are
1. Allowing us to see misc kills by hist figs. Sometimes one might kill only 5 historical figures and then like a few dozen unnamed ones, and we'd never know it unless we went into actual legends mode.
2. Reasons for why wars were fought. Not really high priority (neither is the other one really) but it might be neat to easily understand why people fight each other.
3. Ability to see who's in charge of bandit gangs, mostly for adventure mode quest purposes since you get a lot of orders to kill them.
Regardless though I'm definitely a fan and I've been using this for awhile, good luck with future updates.

I can only show information that gets exported from DF or respectively from DFHacks ExportLegends script. Maybe there will be more info about bandit gang hierarchy with the next DF update.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2019, 01:42:36 pm »

Thanks Kromtec!

Getting the info on that particular character isn't exactly critical, and I haven't encountered any other cases of it, so it's more a matter of letting you know so things can get handled eventually than anything urgent.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2019, 01:59:56 pm »

Posting to watch...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 22, 2019, 09:50:25 pm »

Just noticed, there's no sewer option in the structures filter. Sewers are marked in the list as "dungeon".
Actual description shows a sewer though.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2019, 06:16:24 am »

Just noticed, there's no sewer option in the structures filter. Sewers are marked in the list as "dungeon".

Thanks! Sewers and catacombs are handled as a subtype of dungeons by DF. If it is set, I now show this subtype instead of the regular type in the filter dropdown and the navigation list.
This change will be in the next version of LegendsViewer, which will come shortly after the villain update.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2019, 06:22:33 am »

Thanks! Sewers and catacombs are handled as a subtype of dungeons by DF. If it is set, I now show this subtype instead of the regular type in the filter dropdown and the navigation list.
This change will be in the next version of LegendsViewer, which will come shortly after the villain update.
Great, thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31