Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 226327 times)

Oxidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.10 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #270 on: January 26, 2020, 02:59:38 am »

Hello, I have a problem that is frustrasting me since yesterday. I extracted the Legends Viewer .zip file into both my game folder and a new folder, and problems persists in both of these. Whenever I start the .exe, I get a loading circle next to my cursor for a second or so and then nothing happens. I tried restarting, reinstalling to no avail.
Winter is coming and the dead come with it.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 26, 2020, 06:57:52 am »

Hello, I have a problem that is frustrasting me since yesterday. I extracted the Legends Viewer .zip file into both my game folder and a new folder, and problems persists in both of these. Whenever I start the .exe, I get a loading circle next to my cursor for a second or so and then nothing happens. I tried restarting, reinstalling to no avail.

I can look into it if you upload your zip-file.  :)

Oxidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 26, 2020, 08:28:23 am »

I can look into it if you upload your zip-file.  :)
Sure, how do I do that?

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 26, 2020, 01:30:43 pm »

Did you use LegendsViewer 1.19.10?
If you used the most recent version of Legends Viewer and the error still happens, then please upload your exported files to the Dwarf Fortress File Depot (DFFD).

The files that I need to test things are:
Code: [Select]
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt

Oxidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 26, 2020, 02:38:10 pm »

If you used the most recent version of Legends Viewer and the error still happens, then please upload your exported files to the Dwarf Fortress File Depot (DFFD).

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14670 There you go

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2020, 01:49:42 am »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14670 There you go

Oh, I think I misunderstood you, sorry. I thought you have problems when loading your exported XMLs, but you can not get LegendsViewer to run at all.
What Operating System do you use?
Do you have .NET 4.0 and Internet Explorer 11 installed?

Oxidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2020, 08:59:57 am »

I'm using Windows 8.1. I already have installed the .NET 4.0 and yes I do have IE 11. The thing that baffles me is that it worked before, but now it doesn't.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2020, 03:47:34 am »

I'm using Windows 8.1. I already have installed the .NET 4.0 and yes I do have IE 11. The thing that baffles me is that it worked before, but now it doesn't.

You can try to find an error message in the Windows Event Viewer, otherwise I have no idea what could cause this.  :(

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2020, 04:47:04 am »

I am currently on vacation, without access to a computer.
Work on the updated version of Legends Viewer will start on Sunday, but there are already some unreleased features and bugfixes that I implemented in the last few month.  ;)

I am excited to see all the cool new additions the update brought to legends mode!

Lovecraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2020, 03:14:09 pm »

Thank you so much for this utility! I love browsing legends and seeing the history of the world unfold and this makes it so much less time consuming. You rock!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 02, 2020, 02:25:47 am »

<snip because I was tired when posting this and embarrassed myself>
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:09:55 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 02, 2020, 02:27:17 am »

Will this get updated to the new version?

I am currently on vacation, without access to a computer.
Work on the updated version of Legends Viewer will start on Sunday, but there are already some unreleased features and bugfixes that I implemented in the last few month.  ;)

I am excited to see all the cool new additions the update brought to legends mode!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Verdiumm

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Too lazy to choose an image.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2020, 09:25:56 pm »

Just wanted to take the time to say that i really appreciate the work yourself, and others have put into these 3rd party tools.
I think for me and a lot of new players, it would be a lot harder to enjoy the game without them!

I got into Dwarf fortress only 6 months ago and have used your tool a whole bunch already. one of the best parts of this game is the simulation, and it's SO hard to view that information normally.
(I like my eyes, thank you very much)

Anyways, seeing as i've had this forum account for a little while, figured i should use it for something worthwhile.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2020, 02:43:25 am »

Just wanted to take the time to say that i really appreciate the work yourself, and others have put into these 3rd party tools.
I think for me and a lot of new players, it would be a lot harder to enjoy the game without them!

I got into Dwarf fortress only 6 months ago and have used your tool a whole bunch already. one of the best parts of this game is the simulation, and it's SO hard to view that information normally.
(I like my eyes, thank you very much)

Anyways, seeing as i've had this forum account for a little while, figured i should use it for something worthwhile.

Thanks, always happy to hear that people enjoy it!  :D

Toady put really a lot work in world generation and the intrigue system with its plots and schemes. Not only that, there are lots and lots of new events, and every one of them is a little bit like detective work. Finding out which properties are tied to which text snippets in legends mode is not always that easy.  ;)
I already implemented a huge amount of content from the 0.47.01 release, but everytime I generate a new world I find more...
And now 0.47.02 is out and fixes lots of issues with corrupted XML structure and unidentifiable events! The first export I made in this new version, fixed and revealed almost as many new things as I finished from the 0.42.01 release, haha.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 07, 2020, 07:33:36 am »

And now 0.47.02 is out and fixes lots of issues with corrupted XML structure and unidentifiable events! The first export I made in this new version, fixed and revealed almost as many new things as I finished from the 0.42.01 release, haha.

Sounds like you're having fun!  :P
Thanks for all the effort, Kromtec!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31