Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 226317 times)

qualiyah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.10 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #285 on: February 07, 2020, 11:50:25 am »

Very glad to hear that you're already working on an update! Thank you for all your hard work--Legends Viewer is a fantastic tool that adds so much to the DF experience for me.

sly_urist

• Escaped Lunatic
  • In yer fort, eatin' yer Plump Helmets
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2020, 12:51:56 pm »

Very glad to hear that you're already working on an update! Thank you for all your hard work--Legends Viewer is a fantastic tool that adds so much to the DF experience for me.

This.

This tool is probably my most relied on piece of supplementary software for the game, even more than dwarf therapist. You do great work and I am glad you are continuing! Thanks for all the effort!

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2020, 01:02:57 pm »

PTW.

I realized as sly_urist said, that I rely on this tool even more than Dwarf Therapist.  I can at least play small forts and under-managed/unoptimized forts without dwarf therapist.  Without Legends Viewer, I find legends mode (almost) completely impenetrable.

I also wanted to chime in and add that if there are any tasks or help you need that is simple to explain and can be done in parallel in small pieces (churning out new world in worldgen and then searching through the xml dumps for examples of a particular string, for example), I can spare some time to help out, and I am sure you could find more volunteers.  Apologies if you've already mentioned such things earlier in the thread, I only read the first page and last two pages.
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2020, 01:51:55 pm »

This.

This tool is probably my most relied on piece of supplementary software for the game, even more than dwarf therapist. You do great work and I am glad you are continuing! Thanks for all the effort!
That is exactly why I work on Legends Viewer, I love the rich history DF creates. I am fascinated by the details, how everything comes together and forms all these great little and big stories!

PTW.

I realized as sly_urist said, that I rely on this tool even more than Dwarf Therapist.  I can at least play small forts and under-managed/unoptimized forts without dwarf therapist.  Without Legends Viewer, I find legends mode (almost) completely impenetrable.

I also wanted to chime in and add that if there are any tasks or help you need that is simple to explain and can be done in parallel in small pieces (churning out new world in worldgen and then searching through the xml dumps for examples of a particular string, for example), I can spare some time to help out, and I am sure you could find more volunteers.  Apologies if you've already mentioned such things earlier in the thread, I only read the first page and last two pages.
Without making breakpoints in the code and cross-referencing already partially resolved IDs (to historical figures, entities, sites and so on) and dates with the exact lines in DF legends mode, you wont find the related events there. But thanks for asking!  :)

Everyone who is interested can track my progress by reading the commit messages in my development branch on github.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2020, 04:35:52 pm »

:
Without making breakpoints in the code and cross-referencing already partially resolved IDs (to historical figures, entities, sites and so on) and dates with the exact lines in DF legends mode, you wont find the related events there. But thanks for asking!  :)
:
Well, it's possible to do at least some of it with DFHack tools, even though the mapping of the structures are still incomplete, and so can cause crashes (and definitely aren't ready for use during play).
- New history event collections: "Persecution" and "Entity Overthrown".
- New poetic form action: "beseech".
- New musical form style: "with feeling".

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.01 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #290 on: February 10, 2020, 01:14:10 pm »

New Release 1.20.01!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# Support for DF 0.47.xx content + timestamp accurate creature types + more charts
### Features
- timestamp accurate creature types in event descriptions
  - displayed race for turned creatures according to date in event descriptions
  - in event descriptions, a turned creature will show its new race not until it was turned
  - in events before the transformation the old race will be displayed
- population charts for entities and sites
- event chart on top of every event table
- event overview for entities, sites, historical figures, ...
- new DF 0.47.xx Events
  - remove hf hf link
  - holy city declaration
  - hf performed horrible experiments
  - entity incorporated
  - gamble
  - trade
  - hf equipment purchase
  - entity overthrown
  - failed frame attempt
  - hf convicted
  - failed intrigue corruption
  - hfs formed intrigue relationship
  - entity alliance formed
  - entity dissolved
  - add hf entity honor
  - entity breach feature layer
  - entity equipment purchase
  - hf ransomed
  - hf preach
  - modified building
  - hf interrogated
  - entity persecuted
  - building profile acquired
  - hf enslaved
  - hf asked about artifact
  - hf carouse
- new Event Collection
  - persecution
  - entity overthrown
- new structure types
  - tower
  - counting house
- new site types
  - monastery
  - fort
  - castle
- new site properties
  - ownership of houses and structures
- new entity honors
  - various honor titles in mercenary groups
  - based on requirements the historical figure has to fulfill

### Enhancements
- show moods in world overview
- connected some art forms with writtencontent
- article handling in various situations
- icons on every page title
- handling of zombies (race string, filter)
- updated various old events
  - merchant event - texts for lost value and hardship
- show structure subtype in navigation
- find civs more accurate if legends_plus is present

### Bugfixes
- fix for duplicated styles of written content
- fix for writtencontent with no name for example 'an untitled letter'
- fix for deity short names (reported by @Silverwing235 THX)
- nullreference fix when printing related artifacts
- SpottedLeavingSite event - nullreference fix
- Fixed a bug where Entity icons would appear regardless of current year. (fixed by @minalear THX)

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data.
The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in Lazy Newb Pack for exporting the additional XML file!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:50:07 am by Kromtec »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2020, 05:15:31 pm »

Good stuff!

There's also a new Guildhall structure type, by the way.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2020, 06:45:15 pm »

Are "Relationships" and "Vague Relationships" the wrong way around?

Under vague relationships you've got definite new relationship types like "War Buddy" and "Childhood friend".
While under "relationships" you've got some pretty obscure stuff like "(Visual) Trust -50".

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2020, 08:04:38 pm »

Great news!  Each of the legends viewers is better at different things so I end up using all of them when I get deep into an adventure  :)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2020, 02:19:12 am »

Good stuff!

There's also a new Guildhall structure type, by the way.

Of course, the Guildhall is also in, I just missed to put it in the changelog.  :)

Are "Relationships" and "Vague Relationships" the wrong way around?

Under vague relationships you've got definite new relationship types like "War Buddy" and "Childhood friend".
While under "relationships" you've got some pretty obscure stuff like "(Visual) Trust -50".

The relationships section is based on the older RelationshipProfile properties of HistoricalFigures ("relationship_profile_hf", "relationship_profile_hf_visual" and "relationship_profile_hf_historical").
Vague relationships are called like the new property ("vague_relationship") that came with 0.47.01.
I went with the names Toady gave them in the export, but I am open for suggestions.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2020, 03:35:19 am »

Is the lack of Experiment names (Hfexp58691E Hum 1, etc.) something only DFhack can fix?
Also, Night Trolls (and I guess Bogeymen in there somewhere?) are referred to as "night creature" in the historical figures filter list. But experiments are "night creatures" too and they are listed separately (under code names mentioned above). Maybe want to rename this category?

Finally, "hired as a scout" is missing for historical figures (requires DFHack?).

Oh. did I mention, I think I did, that Legends Viewer is my absolute favorite DF util? Just thought I'd better mention that again as I start listing criticisms. :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 03:37:09 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2020, 03:55:27 am »

Is the lack of Experiment names (Hfexp58691E Hum 1, etc.) something only DFhack can fix?
Also, Night Trolls (and I guess Bogeymen in there somewhere?) are referred to as "night creature" in the historical figures filter list. But experiments are "night creatures" too and they are listed separately (under code names mentioned above). Maybe want to rename this category?
I already filed an issue about that. DFHack definetly makes things with the races clearer, but I hope Toady exports race names (singular and plural) in a separate section of the XML.

Finally, "hired as a scout" is missing for historical figures (requires DFHack?).
I think that comes from the additions to the "battle" event collection. DF Legends Mode has event entries related to battles that are not exported as typical events.
But the information for these entries is in the collection, so I think I will implement some custom events that are not parsed from the XML but created directly from the "battle" event collection.

Oh. did I mention, I think I did, that Legends Viewer is my absolute favorite DF util? Just thought I'd better mention that again as I start listing criticisms. :)
Thanks! Always glad to hear that!  :D

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 11, 2020, 05:12:00 am »

I believe viewing necromantic civilizations currently pops up an error, completely unable to squat about it.

I'm very excited to see this get up and running once the versions stabilize, and I'm glad you've gotten a 47 version up so fast!
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2020, 05:19:41 am »

If you get an error/crash please upload your exported files as a ZIP to DFFD.

The files that I need to test things are:
Code: [Select]
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml (optional, as soon as DFHack is updated)
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2020, 08:27:08 am »

Thanks for the update!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31