Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225973 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.01 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #315 on: February 17, 2020, 07:15:44 am »

By the way, another modded species *does* appear as civilized and shows up normally.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 07:27:11 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 17, 2020, 07:41:11 am »

By the way, another modded species *does* appear as civilized and shows up normally.

Have you read my previous answer to you?

It is exactly the same problem as stated in my reply to Shonai_Dweller. I have no reliable way to map the Civilized World Population list to the race identifiers in the XML file and I have no information about tags like [INTELLIGENT] or any others in the exported files.
For Example:
Code: [Select]
Civilized World Population

9385 Dwarves
17448 Humans
11963 Elves
75109 Goblins
278 Kobolds

Total: 114183

From this part of the export is my information about which races are "civilized".
The problem is that these race names are in plural and in the XML a definition of a historicalfigure looks like this:
<historical_figure>
<id>93</id>
<name>etur</name>
<race>DWARF</race>
<caste>FEMALE</caste>
So i have to connect that DWARF is related to Dwarves, which is simple for a human but is not so trivial in code.
And as soon as there are races like CAMEL_1_HUMP_MAN, it is impossible to automatically connect to a human readable string (that is additionally in plural) without hardcoding every relation.
That is why I filed this issue in the bugtracker and hope that Toady puts the races with singular/plural and identifier somewhere in the exported XML.

To clarify:
I have an algorithm that tries to connect the RaceId (CAMEL_1_HUMP) to the human readable plural string (one-humped camels).

This algrorithm succeeds in >90% of the cases if it can follow simple rules like in the case of humans:
HUMAN -> human -> humans (add an "s")
DWARF -> dwarf -> dwarves (if it ends with "f", replace with "ves")
ELF -> elf -> elves (same rule as with dwarves)

But if the RaceId can not be brought into the plural form with a simple rule, the algorithm fails.
CAMEL_1_HUMP -> camel one hump -> camel one humps (it replaces underscores with spaces and single numbers with the word for this number)

So it looks as if one of your modded species can easily be transformed to the correct plural form and the other not, given that both appear in the "Civilized World Population" list of the regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt file.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 17, 2020, 07:54:27 am »

Ohhhhh, it makes more sense now. Thanks.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.02 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #318 on: February 19, 2020, 11:14:01 am »

New Release 1.20.02!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
# Support for new DFHack features: creature raws, secret identities, rivers
### Features
- read creature raws from legends_plus.xml (THX @PatrikLundell)
  - use creature raws for correct singular and plural names of races (like the new horrible experiments and various others)
- read secret identities of historical figures from legends_plus.xml
  - show identity in "assume identity" event
  - show list of secret identities on historical figure pages
- read information of rivers from legends_plus.xml
  - new tab in the Geography tab, with a list of the rivers of this world
  - a page for each river that shows its name and the location on the map
- new DF 0.47.xx Events
  - sabotage
  - battle fought
- new entity types
  - guild
  - militaryunit
  - merchantcompany

### Enhancements
- updated old events
  - artifact found
- added new "religious" link between entities

### Bugfixes
- updated README.md, start page and various other locations and removed a hyperlink that led previously to a site where the lazy newb pack was hosted and leads now to a phishing site :grimacing:

**Note:**
_Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data. The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in  the Lazy Newb Pack for exporting the additional XML file!_

@PatrikLundell Thanks for the creature_raw section in the legends_plus.xml. I only use creature_id, name_plural and name_singular for now, but I am sure all the other information will come handy in the future!  :D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:24:53 pm by Kromtec »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 19, 2020, 12:07:14 pm »

It's still only a subset of the creature raws (the bulk being flags). It would be easy to dump the raw strings as well, although that would bloat the file.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 19, 2020, 12:24:19 pm »

Ups, the link to DFFD still pointed to the old 1.20.01 version.

Fixed now 1.20.02!
Download here!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2020, 07:27:13 am »

Huge list of errors loading my modded world (it does load eventually).
Couldn't Find Entity by Name and Race: The Shrieks of Dung
Couldn't Find Entity by Name and Race: The Shrieks of Dung, Parent civ of the Festive Flaxen Wildness
Couldn't Find Entity by Name and Race: The Shrieks of Dung, Parent civ of the Shrieks of Inching
Couldn't Find Entity by Name and Race: The Shrieks of Dung, Parent civ of the Savage of Galleries
Couldn't Find Entity by Name and Race: The Shrieks of Dung, Parent civ of the Wanderer of Hours
Couldn't Find Entity by Name and Race: The Shrieks of Dung, Parent civ of the Amazing Roar
etc, etc for every single entity in the dammed Shrieks of Dung Civ.

That's without DFhack.
With DFHack, it exported OK, but  I waited a long, long time and Legends Viewer never seemed to get past Event Collections. Might be an alpha DFHack issue, not sure.

Shrieks of Dung are a Minotaur civilization, but there's also a Minotaur bandit gang with the same name.
Like me to upload something to check?

--edit and just as I post, DFhack version finally gets past event collection and loads up, no errors.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 07:38:04 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2020, 08:23:40 am »

Was this world created with 0.47.03 or is it older?
I ask because there was a bug in the .01 and .02 versions that led to lots and lots of battles and huge amounts of deaths. Resolving all these events was a big performance issue when parsing the XMLs, especially the battle event collections.

Loading an export from 0.47.03 will be slower than from < 0.44.xx versions, because there is a lot more information now, but it should not be that drastically slower as you described.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2020, 08:39:09 am »

Was this world created with 0.47.03 or is it older?
I ask because there was a bug in the .01 and .02 versions that led to lots and lots of battles and huge amounts of deaths. Resolving all these events was a big performance issue when parsing the XMLs, especially the battle event collections.

Loading an export from 0.47.03 will be slower than from < 0.44.xx versions, because there is a lot more information now, but it should not be that drastically slower as you described.
47.03 world.
Up until this world I hadn't noticed much loading speed difference. I've made quite a few 47.03 worlds now. This was the first one I tried with Dfhack though since 44.12.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2020, 08:44:05 am »

47.03 world.
Up until this world I hadn't noticed much loading speed difference. I've made quite a few 47.03 worlds now. This was the first one I tried with Dfhack though since 44.12.

If you provide the zipped export files, I can try to look into what causes the long loading times.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2020, 05:32:49 pm »

Rather odd, this...Legends Plus being mentioned as being optional, when I try to validate that by deliberately leaving it out of the setup (a separate folder with all required files besides Legends Plus per se, which is elsewhere) this happens:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.EventCollections.Battle.<>c__DisplayClass155_0.<.ctor>b__8(HistoricalFigure attacker) in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\EventCollections\Battle.cs:line 231
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.EventCollections.Battle..ctor(List`1 properties, World world) in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\EventCollections\Battle.cs:line 231
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.AddEventCollection(String type, List`1 properties) in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\Parser\XMLParser.cs:line 746
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.AddItemToWorld(List`1 properties) in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\Parser\XMLParser.cs:line 225
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.ParseSection() in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\Parser\XMLParser.cs:line 139
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.Parse() in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\Parser\XMLParser.cs:line 69
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(BackgroundWorker worker, String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile, String xmlPlusFile) in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\World.cs:line 93
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.BackgroundWorkerOnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\FileLoader.cs:line 437
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
..followed by a complete and utter stop while parsing Event Collections. No idea what's going on beyond that. EDIT: Addendum.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:32:44 pm by Silverwing235 »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 22, 2020, 07:21:25 pm »

47.03 world.

If you provide the zipped export files, I can try to look into what causes the long loading times.
Ah, thanks, but it was a pretty massive world. I may be misremembering how much longer Dfhack Legendsplus files take to load. If something weird comes up again I'll post some files.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 23, 2020, 09:31:28 am »

Legends mode "claimed artifact from afar" is currently called "made a family heirloom from afar" in Legends viewer. Which looks a little weird.

Evilguards

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 01, 2020, 06:05:38 am »

Hello Failed to load world for the first time(launched it for about ten years every years or so), playing stable LNP 44.12 r08
************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à LegendsViewer.Legends.WorldObjects.Artifact..ctor(List`1 properties, World world) dans C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\WorldObjects\Artifact.cs:ligne 44
   à LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.AddFromXmlSection(Section section, List`1 properties) dans C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\Parser\XMLParser.cs:ligne 282
   à LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.AddItemToWorld(List`1 properties) dans C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\Parser\XMLParser.cs:ligne 221
   à LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.ParseSection() dans C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\Parser\XMLParser.cs:ligne 139
   à LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.Parse() dans C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\Parser\XMLParser.cs:ligne 69
   à LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(BackgroundWorker worker, String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile, String xmlPlusFile) dans C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\Legends\World.cs:ligne 93
   à LegendsViewer.FileLoader.BackgroundWorkerOnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) dans C:\Users\Thomas Svoboda\source\repos\Kromtec\LegendsViewer\LegendsViewer\FileLoader.cs:ligne 437
   à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vb9CbD4S4D-0d0NGSP4Rv-jYK-GMTwY2
put some extra-files in case you needs them
EDIT : if that's any help, legend browser seem to work fine on the sames XMLs
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 10:07:07 am by Evilguards »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.03 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #329 on: March 01, 2020, 04:31:12 pm »

New Release 1.20.03!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
# Bugfixes + some updated event texts

### Enhancements
- updated "assume identity" event
- updated "hfs formed reputation relationship" event
- updated "artifact claim formed" (THX Shonai_Dweller)
- since 0.47.01 there are lots and lots of battles in every world, what causes long loading times
  - I started to clean up the code that parses this "battle" event collection data, so it should be at least a little bit faster

### Bugfixes
- crash fix for books with no author and site (THX Evilguards)
- crash fix when reading battle event collection data (THX clinodev and Silverwing235)

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data. The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in the Lazy Newb Pack for exporting the additional XML file!

@Evilguards The book that caused the crash is called "The Necronomicon" and has very incomplete data in the XML. Is this from a mod?  :o
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31