Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 226037 times)

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.04 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #360 on: April 01, 2020, 08:37:00 am »

Generally okay, but.....anyone else discovered major problems in the Advanced Search UI? When you search by Race, the drop down and results are full of
Code: [Select]
LegendsViewer.Legends.CreatureInfo
rather than racial designations.

(the code section handtyped because copy pasting doesn't work at all, for some reason)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 01, 2020, 08:48:16 am »

Generally okay, but.....anyone else discovered major problems in the Advanced Search UI? When you search by Race, the drop down and results are full of
Code: [Select]
LegendsViewer.Legends.CreatureInfo
rather than racial designations.

(the code section handtyped because copy pasting doesn't work at all, for some reason)

The code of the advanced search feature is nearly untouched since I took over the project, five years ago. It needs a bigger overhaul that I don't want to put in a small minor version release.
I currently don't have a lot of time, so bigger features have to wait, sorry!
I'll try to tackle some smaller urgent issues like the wrong race string for the next version.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 01, 2020, 09:15:04 am »

Thanks for the new version! And, of course there are new bug reports...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Events.NewSiteLeader.Print(Boolean link, DwarfObject pov)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlPrinter.PrintEventLog(World world, List`1 events, List`1 filters, DwarfObject dfo)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.SitePrinter.Print()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlPrinter.GetHtmlPage()
:

trying to display a two different sites (so far: most work correctly). I guess it's culling that's the culprit. I can provide the XML files if needed, but the main one weighs in at over 4 GB (so it's a wonder anything works at all).

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 02, 2020, 12:59:13 am »

Thanks for the new version! And, of course there are new bug reports...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Events.NewSiteLeader.Print(Boolean link, DwarfObject pov)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlPrinter.PrintEventLog(World world, List`1 events, List`1 filters, DwarfObject dfo)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.SitePrinter.Print()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlPrinter.GetHtmlPage()
:

trying to display a two different sites (so far: most work correctly). I guess it's culling that's the culprit. I can provide the XML files if needed, but the main one weighs in at over 4 GB (so it's a wonder anything works at all).
Thanks, no need for uploading the XMLs in this case. I already found the problem thanks to your stack trace and fixed it for the next version.  :)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 07, 2020, 05:37:00 pm »

Is it possible for Legends Viewer to get any of the new religion data?
Right now, each civ has its gods listed, and on the civs and entities tab I can get a list of religions in the world, but there's no link between them (that I can see).
Listing the associated religions with the gods and mentioning the gods on the religion info screens would be a good start.

Also, more advanced, there is crossover of religions between civs now. Is there any data available for how much influence religions have in each civ?
In modded games where you have a civ with no native gods especially, they pick up a bunch of religions from other civs. Would be nice to get an overview of the gods my migrants are likely to be worshiping.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #365 on: April 09, 2020, 09:37:08 am »

From what I know from poking at Legends Browser, that would require extending legends_plus.xml, the regular legends.xml barely has anything on entities (hueristics, that is, automated guesswork, needs to be done to identify a lot of entity related stuff with vanilla legends.).
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2020, 05:58:44 am »

Is it possible for Legends Viewer to get any of the new religion data?
Right now, each civ has its gods listed, and on the civs and entities tab I can get a list of religions in the world, but there's no link between them (that I can see).
Listing the associated religions with the gods and mentioning the gods on the religion info screens would be a good start.

Also, more advanced, there is crossover of religions between civs now. Is there any data available for how much influence religions have in each civ?
In modded games where you have a civ with no native gods especially, they pick up a bunch of religions from other civs. Would be nice to get an overview of the gods my migrants are likely to be worshiping.
From what I know from poking at Legends Browser, that would require extending legends_plus.xml, the regular legends.xml barely has anything on entities (hueristics, that is, automated guesswork, needs to be done to identify a lot of entity related stuff with vanilla legends.).

Yeah, therahedwig is absolutely right. I looked into the code and I already have some "automated guesswork"  :D in place.

The temple structure had at some point the information of the worshipped deity and the religion that occupied it, so a connection was possible in some cases. But in all worlds I created with the new DF version, none of these properties "deity" or "worship_hfid" where in the "structure" nodes of the legends_plus.xml.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 11, 2020, 02:16:18 am »

If you know which fields of which DF structures you need to make the connections desired and describe that in a DFHack issue (or a post here), it shouldn't be hard to add that to the exports. It doesn't seem like the current script does much in the way of "thinking" to generate info, but just dumps data from selected structures, but I don't think there's a ban on logic for the script. However, if logic is required, a request ought to describe it.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 17, 2020, 04:02:31 am »

If you know which fields of which DF structures you need to make the connections desired and describe that in a DFHack issue (or a post here), it shouldn't be hard to add that to the exports. It doesn't seem like the current script does much in the way of "thinking" to generate info, but just dumps data from selected structures, but I don't think there's a ban on logic for the script. However, if logic is required, a request ought to describe it.

Thanks, I will come back to that as soon as I have more time to work on LegendsViewer again.

neo6633

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 25, 2020, 07:22:24 pm »

https://github.com/Kromtec/LegendsViewer/issues/52

How Can I see "Advanced Search" button #52

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2020, 07:30:33 pm »

https://github.com/Kromtec/LegendsViewer/issues/52

How Can I see "Advanced Search" button #52
Oh, yes, this is really annoying.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2020, 04:29:13 am »

Legends Viewer seems to give up on parsing XML Plus when too much of its contents is unknown, giving a message indicating the file is missing rather than being rejected. This also has the side effect that the output indicating the things that couldn't be parsed gets discarded as well, which makes it hard to distinguish the reasonable "too much new stuff" case from the buggy "there are too many entries with garbage contents" case, where we'd want to investigate what went wrong. Would it be reasonable to produce some kind of log file listing the interpretation failures (up until the point of giving up)?

DF lists an extensive set of family relations when you view units on the unit relations screen, but as far as I can tell it only stores (and exports) immediate relations. This leads me to believe the rest ([half] siblings, cousins, nieces, aunts, grand parents, and their male counterparts when applicable) are gathered on the fly by scanning the relations of the set of immediate ones, plus the siblings' children. Personally I don't consider this info to be particularly important beyond the completeness aspect, but I suspect others may have other priorities, so I bring it up as a point of expansion to consider (and possible reject).

tranquilham

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANSLATION:OWO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 27, 2020, 11:33:38 am »

is this still being worked on? id like to use it instead of Legends Browser because i prefer it being a normal app instead of some web thing. when i try to open it up, it gives me an error about an invalid field from hf_wounded, which is weird cause i downloaded the latest version and everything...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 27, 2020, 05:00:49 pm »

is this still being worked on? id like to use it instead of Legends Browser because i prefer it being a normal app instead of some web thing. when i try to open it up, it gives me an error about an invalid field from hf_wounded, which is weird cause i downloaded the latest version and everything...
Last updated April 2020, a long time after the latest DF release. So, yes, it's up to date and working for most people.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 27, 2020, 06:05:49 pm »

Can you confirm that it's version 1.20.04? Also, what DFHack version are you using? The most recent DFHack version (0.47.04, from April 24) is newer than the most recent Legends Viewer (from April 1), so it's possible that DFHack introduced some change that broke Legends Viewer.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31