Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225858 times)

point08

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.06b | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2020, 08:18:35 am »

New Release 1.20.06b!

Here is the hotfix release that should hopefully get rid of the last of this issues.  ;D

I can confirm this worked for me on prior legends exports that were crashing during the "Events" portion.  Thanks!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #391 on: October 31, 2020, 10:27:52 am »

I have a similar problem, the hotfix doesn't seem to help ; there might be still some issues.
Here's the debugging message

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

garlicfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2020, 08:21:20 pm »

Thank you so much for your quick response!

I downloaded the new version and it loaded successfully!!

Thank you for your work maintaining this addon -- seriously my favorite DF addon! You do Armok's work!

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.06c | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #393 on: November 01, 2020, 06:29:55 am »

New Release 1.20.06c!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
1.20.06c
# Hotfix

* found more places in rarer events where datatypes changed from int to string

I have a similar problem, the hotfix doesn't seem to help ; there might be still some issues.
Here's the debugging message

Thanks! Yeah, there still were rarer events like MasterpieceFood and MasterpieceDye that had similar problems and did not appear in my previous test games.  :(

If anyone stumbles over even more bugs, please post them here or on GitHub.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #394 on: November 01, 2020, 10:08:17 am »

Aw man, thanks a lot for all your efforts, you're a life saver

khripunoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2020, 08:18:07 pm »

I have a minor issue: when loading an xml file as per instructions, the Legends Viewer uses the first image file it finds in the directory for map image (looking in alphabetical order) rather than xxxxx-worldmap.png as it supposed to (i guess?). Also changing it manually by pressing the "..." button next to Map image text box, doesn't change the map file. My workaround is renaming the map image file to something like "!!xxxxxxx-worldmap.png", this way the Viewer sees it first, and selects it as intended. Any help?

I use the latest version (1.20.06c) that comes with the latest PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack.

Edit: This only happens with .png files, works fine with .bmp
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:18:44 am by khripunoff »
Kiron Kappi!

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 13, 2020, 10:51:27 am »

I have a minor issue: when loading an xml file as per instructions, the Legends Viewer uses the first image file it finds in the directory for map image (looking in alphabetical order) rather than xxxxx-worldmap.png as it supposed to (i guess?). Also changing it manually by pressing the "..." button next to Map image text box, doesn't change the map file. My workaround is renaming the map image file to something like "!!xxxxxxx-worldmap.png", this way the Viewer sees it first, and selects it as intended. Any help?

I use the latest version (1.20.06c) that comes with the latest PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack.

Edit: This only happens with .png files, works fine with .bmp

Thanks for reporting, I will look into it the next time I'll work on Legends Viewer.

khripunoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 15, 2020, 11:46:46 am »

A couple of minor issues:
  • Got a "male dwarf necromancer necromancer vampire" ,the guy managed to learn secrets of life and death before being cursed, probably should be just "male dwarf necromancer vampire" ?
  • "ceased being the master of" and "ceased being the apprentice of" are wrong/mixed-up; they should switch places, (both displayed correctly in legends mode).
  • There is some messed-up formatting in "hf does interaction" events (the events below are just examples of a general (mis)behavior):
    "In 296, early spring, (15th of Granite) the dwarf deity Nekolcursed to prowl the night in search of bloodOlnir in Spearforges." instead of
    "In 296, early spring, (15th of Granite) the dwarf deity Nekol cursed Olnir to prowl the night in search of blood in Spearforges."

"In 340, midsummer, (22nd of Malachite) Valiinfected with a contagious ghoulish conditionthe dwarf Knutr Chiefsspear in UNKNOWN SITE during The 7th Conquest of Firstseat as a result of The Furious Attack as part of The Swift Conflict." instead of
    "In 340, midsummer, (22nd of Malachite) Vali infected the dwarf Knutr Chiefsspear with a contagious ghoulish condition in UNKNOWN SITE during The 7th Conquest of Firstseat as a result of The Furious Attack as part of The Swift Conflict."
    (*from legend mode: "Vali infected the dwarf tainted thrall Knutr Chiefsspear with a contagious ghoulish condition.")

"In 358, late autumn, (8th of Timber) the dwarf deity Savotcursed to assume the form of a iguana-like monster every full moonDraupnir in Boldtooth."  instead of
    "In 358, late autumn, (8th of Timber) the dwarf deity Savot cursed Draupnir to assume the form of a iguana-like monster every full moon in Boldtooth."

"In 473, early spring, (1st of Granite) the goblin werebitgiraffe Zamarpak Pitbane the Lonebit, passing on the giraffe monster curseAelm in Dreadpits during The 2nd rampage of Zamarpak Pitbane the Lone in Dreadpits" instead of
    "In 473, early spring, (1st of Granite) the goblin werebitgiraffe Zamarpak Pitbane the Lone bit Aelm, passing on the giraffe monster curse in Dreadpits during The 2nd rampage of Zamarpak Pitbane the Lone in Dreadpits."

Also all werebeasts that got cursed are "werebeasts". All werebeasts that got bitten are "werebit<animal>" : "werebitiguanas", "werebitgiraffes", "werebitpandas", etc.
    If legends_plus.xml is not selected all werebeasts are just "werebeasts".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 02:39:34 pm by khripunoff »
Kiron Kappi!

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 19, 2020, 06:04:13 pm »

I was curious if anyone know why some known info in site's Beast Attacks get listed as unknown, for example:

It's not a big deal but it would be cool if it's fixable.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 20, 2020, 08:52:03 am »

I was curious if anyone know why some known info in site's Beast Attacks get listed as unknown, for example:

It's not a big deal but it would be cool if it's fixable.
OK, so, easy ones first: In advanced worldgen, you didn't just leave 'Cull unimportants' on, did you?

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2020, 11:55:42 am »

I have no idea, but I did use advanced world gen for the first time on this world. I wouldn't have left it if I saw the option but I don't remember seeing it, so it's possible. I checked the world_gen_param.txt and it doesn't have it mentioned.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2020, 01:50:52 pm »

I have no idea, but I did use advanced world gen for the first time on this world. I wouldn't have left it if I saw the option but I don't remember seeing it, so it's possible. I checked the world_gen_param.txt and it doesn't have it mentioned.

Just to be entirely clear, you are in fact (I may have been a little unclear with my original question) using a current version? I mean, switching or leaving on "cull unimportant histfigs" (https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Advanced_world_generation#Cull_Unimportant_Historical_Figures) tends to bias things in that direction irregardless of whatever else might be done or not, in my experience.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 20, 2020, 02:23:23 pm »

I'm using the most current version of DF and DFHack for the export. I have no memory of that setting, if it's on by default there is a good chance I did not change that, is there any way to check? I updated the LNP after creating the world so I no longer have the settings I used saved. I popped back into Adv World Gen and saw it's a setting that's pretty noticeable so I doubt I left it as No.

If they are culled would it still show up in Legends like it does in my pic?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 20, 2020, 05:04:18 pm »

A character that's culled is shows as an unknown character in battle reports. However, they don't show up anywhere by name, and if I understood it correctly, there was some report that showed the name.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 20, 2020, 05:57:10 pm »

Yeah I can see the name of the FB in Legends and in Legends Viewer. In Legends Viewer it shows the event where the FB attacked my fort as "The rampage of an unknown creature". In Legends Mode it shows the event as "The rampage of the forgotten beast The Hog of Froths"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31