Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225939 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.16.02 (0.42.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2016, 12:35:04 am »

Just to mention, Legends Viewer doesn't seem to like the new adventurer camps (no surprise there). There are the expected 'unknown' lines of course, in addition all the camps are labeled as founded in the year 1 .

Also, on the map, when I hover the mouse over a location with a camp and a fortress in the same place, 3 sites are listed: The camp, The fortress and "Important Place". Clicking on this "important place" reveals something like "dog,,, "'unknown site". I forget the exact description right now, always starts with an animal. Will upload a save if you find it hard to replicate.

Perhaps was present earlier, but I noticed unretiring a fortress now seems to incorrectly state that a reclaim party was sent and the fortress reclaimed.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.17.00 (0.43.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2016, 02:38:11 pm »

New Release 1.17.00!

Two weeks ago I saw an awesome Let's Play from one of my favorite Let's Players Das123, where he went through the history of The Shrine of Freezing.
I was baffled and proud that he used the Legends Viewer with all my new features for the whole episode 05!  :D

Of course I took note of the bugs and unknown properties he came across as well as issues from Vakothu, Shonai_Dweller and others and tried to address most of them in this release.

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# Occasions + Relationships + new 0.43.XX infos + Bugfixes

### Occasion Information
* display name and type of occasions
* read schedule and feature infos

### Historical Figure Relationships
* display related historical figures
* show type (friendly, buddy, bully, grudge, ...)
* and strenght of relationship

### Site Information
* read and print new 0.43.XX rectangle information (Position + Size)
* show link to region in which the site is located (also for mountain peaks)
* also find sitemaps if processed with legendexport compress and sort script (extracted to .\site_maps\*.png)

### Region Information
* show list of sites and mountain peaks located in this region

### Structure Information
* Temples: Deity and Religion
* Inhabitants

### Various Enhancements
* added writtencontent types for musical composition and choreography
* added scheduletype musical competition
* added death cause heat

### Bugfixes
* fixed crash when creating population chart if only one member of a race was left
* special char in custom dwarf names led to empty familygraph
* site event tab was not filled with event types
* temporary work-around for invalid "important location" and "advmode camp" information
* correct texts for site retire/unretire

### Tweaks
* proper gender for noble positions
* find correct noble position in some cases if xml_plus not present
* removed historicalfigure caste from tooltip if "Default"
* removed historicalfigure caste + type from historical figure page if "Default" or "Standard"
* Site founded display in siteprinter (-1 => in a time before time)
* splitted deities and other related historical figure lists on Historical Figure pages
* sorted worshipped deities list by strength of worship
* special text for historical figures that came back from the dead more than once
* more detailed "unknown property" reports

**Note:**
_The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in [Lazy Newb Pack](http://lazynewbpack.com/) for exporting the additional XML file!_
_To display the population chart and family trees correctly you will need IE9+ rather than IE7+ as previously._

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2016, 02:55:28 pm »

Woo! Thanks for keeping this going Kromtec, you're the man.

Now we just need DFhack....
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

bartbartholomew

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2016, 11:46:25 pm »

I'm getter crashes whenever I try to load a world. I'm getting the same error as _forgoten, but I am using unmodified raws.

I am running the starter pack 0.42.06 R1, with updated DFHack 0.42.06 R1, and DF-AI 0.42.06 R1.

Error output:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2016, 08:09:58 am »

Excellent. Thanks for the update!
Will keep you updated if I find any more weirdness.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.17.01 (0.43.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2016, 04:07:51 pm »

New Release 1.17.01!

And another one...
In this release I tried to improve performance and memory usage as well as make sure that even very old worlds do not lead to pages that need an eternity to load or crash the application.

The familygraph now renders ancestors from the same generation on one level and is therefore now a real familytree.  :D
I also wanted to make tracking royal lineages easier by giving their familytree entries special styles and write their title or former title on top.

Vampires, Werebeasts, Necromancers and Ghosts are highlighted with different styles and icons too.

The bug that _forgotten and bartbartholomew reported should be fixed too.

Changelog:
# Familygraph Overhaul + Performance

### Familygraph
* new layout for the familygraph to make it a real familytree (nodes in the same generation are on the same level)
* special styles, shapes and icons in familygraph for vampires, werebeasts, necromancers, ghosts
* track the lineage of leaders, they are highlighted by a crown symbol and their node is octagon shaped

### Performance
* limit for visible ancestors in the familytree to ensure performance on weaker systems or old worlds
 * you can of course go further back in the familytree but you have to navigate through the pages of the ancestors
* site page - only show short summary if more than 100 beast attacks or more than 100 deaths instead of the whole list
* regions and undergroundregions - only show short summary if more than 100 deaths instead of the whole list
* limit eventlog on all pages to 500, use filter in the eventstab if log exceeds this limit
* lots and lots of small performance and memoryusage improvements to the hot path of the code

### Various Enhancements
* you can now search for necromancers in the historical figures tab
* you can now search for animated corpse in the historical figures tab
* added writtencontent reference type for sphere
* added entity reputations for hero and hunter
* added death cause "vanished" and "encased in cooling magma"

### Bugfixes
* prevent itemstolen event to be doubled per site
* animated corpse were incorrectly classified as necromancers
* fix for UsedIdentity crash

### Tweaks
* Leader Position in Tooltip of Historical Figures
* Show duration for loading the world instead of start and end time

**Note:**
_The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in [Lazy Newb Pack](http://lazynewbpack.com/) for exporting the additional XML file!_
_To display the population chart and family trees correctly you will need IE9+ rather than IE7+ as previously._

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2016, 02:30:49 pm »

Thanks for the great tool!

I tried to run it under Linux using mono, but it seems that the program is making calls to Windows native libraries (user32.dll), that are not replaced by mono.
Anyone had the same problem?

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2016, 09:00:09 pm »

Glad this is still being worked on. Looks like when the artifact release comes out, there's gonna be a lot more work to do!
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2016, 06:10:50 am »

Thanks for the great tool!

I tried to run it under Linux using mono, but it seems that the program is making calls to Windows native libraries (user32.dll), that are not replaced by mono.
Anyone had the same problem?

I am sorry, as far as I know there is no way of running Legends Viewer under Linux without rewriting large portions of the code.
You could try Legends Browser as a multi-plattform alternative.

Glad this is still being worked on. Looks like when the artifact release comes out, there's gonna be a lot more work to do!

Yeah, I look forward to that! Will be really cool to flesh out the artifact pages.
I am especially excited about the whole myth generator stuff. It will open lots and lots of new content to discover in legends mode.

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2016, 12:23:52 pm »

Yeah, I look forward to that! Will be really cool to flesh out the artifact pages.
I am especially excited about the whole myth generator stuff. It will open lots and lots of new content to discover in legends mode.

I don't think I can play the myth release until LV can properly read it. There's just so much going on in the game world already behind the scenes that we never see in-game, with the myth release I imagine it will be even more.
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2016, 11:38:40 am »

Since it bugged me no end, quick fix for newer browsers which don't use the ScrollTop property anymore:

Switch in HTMLControl.cs from
                BrowserScrollPosition = HTMLBrowser.Document.Body.ScrollTop;

to

BrowserScrollPosition = HTMLBrowser.Document.GetElementsByTagName("HTML")[0].ScrollTop;

and ie11 users are happy again :)

kewlslice

• Bay Watcher
  • It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2016, 02:41:01 am »

This is great, thanks.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.16.01 (0.42.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2016, 02:29:47 pm »

Basics are in, I added the ObjectListView to entities and regions too and will continue for all other tabs and subtabs over the next days.
I didn't have the time to go through your other xml parse / event improvements today but thats also on my list.
If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you could fork my branch and help me to incorporate more of your code.  :)

Sorry I missed this also have been very busy and will continue to be so for another week.  I did actually merge in your branch. I figured that git would sort out that they both derived from same repo and handle a merge more gracefully since I merged in your master multiple times.   I guess not.

I'd be happy to help when I have more time but alas not until next wednesday i think at the earliest if I'm lucky.  But thanks for trying (or succeeding since you had other changes merged).

The only thing that I would really like is not to have to have an internet connection for the code to work correctly.  I couldn't figure out how to embedded the css files and make them actually work I guess more needed there.  Maybe there is a way to intercept the webbrowser download and supply a local version.  Anyway, thanks for our work.

I put up a pull request on github for that issue (and a few more). So figment, keep the design enhancements coming, i added a local mini webserver.

logodaedalus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2016, 05:19:08 pm »

New Release 1.17.01!

Does anyone know if there's any way to get the song / poem information (style, stanzas, etc) exported from DFHack? I wrote a little extension for myself a couple years back that generated more full-text stories of vampires inside Legends Viewer, but if possible I'd like to try my hand again by making an Arts tab to track stuff. However, I looked and it seems like the extra xml file only contains the material the books are bound in, but nothing more than that?

Thanks to Kromtec for keeping the project alive!

~Jacob

figment

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.16.01 (0.42.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2016, 09:06:11 pm »

I put up a pull request on github for that issue (and a few more). So figment, keep the design enhancements coming, i added a local mini webserver.
I did figure out how to load CSS and JS into the webbrowser for another project so next time I work on this I'll update my fork to use those changes.  Given that I'm currently working on dfhack and just finished updating my TWBT, the next thing for me is usually exportlegends followed by the Legends Viewer.  Unfortunately, I had a harddrive fail and while it was only games and therefore nothing really unrecoverable and thus why not backed up I realized that my DF lua scripts were lost and now I have rewrite most of my hack scripts that go along with my use of the viewer.  Anyway, possible updates from me in the future (dont count on it as I'm terribly unreliable).

Edit:  I got exportlegends to not fail on my 0.43.05 Win64 build so happy for now.  May look into updating that script but tested with viewer and it works fine.

I downloaded the latest code with the merged webserver and that works pretty well.  I like it.  I'll have to think about if I want to make any changes but I can think of a few things I might add/fix.  One is to save/load default configuration of the lists and filters between sessions.  Another is look into seeing if jqGrid could improve the usability of the large lists in HTML.  Finally, zip and 7zip support never works for me.  But now maybe the time to play for a while to see what I need.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:06:26 am by figment »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31