Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225763 times)

Mario

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.16.02 (0.42.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2016, 08:37:47 am »

I cant seem to make Legends Viewer work. Every time i try to load xml i get this error ->

I am playing Dark Ages II.

I had the same error when loading an XML. I tried to change my graphic pack and export again and this time it worked.
The XML that didn't work was with Meph 32px graphic pack and the working one was with Phoebus 16px graphic pack.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.17.01 (0.43.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2016, 09:17:50 am »

Meph 32x includes a couple of mods. That might have something to do with it.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.16.02 (0.42.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2016, 02:08:55 pm »

I cant seem to make Legends Viewer work. Every time i try to load xml i get this error ->

I am playing Dark Ages II.

I had the same error when loading an XML. I tried to change my graphic pack and export again and this time it worked.
The XML that didn't work was with Meph 32px graphic pack and the working one was with Phoebus 16px graphic pack.

This bug from _forgotten has been fixed in the latest version Legends Viewer 1.17.01.
I just tried an export with Mephs' Tileset Pack and everything worked fine.

If you get an error with the latest version help me to fix it:

Please upload a zip from a world with this error, that contains these files:
Code: [Select]
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml (if you exported this file using DFHack)
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt

You can upload it to Dwarf Fortress File Depot.

fbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2016, 04:11:58 pm »

don't know if there is something missing because of this, but on win10 a registry key ist generated one level to deep:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
"LegendsViewer.exe"=dword:00002710

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2016, 01:20:03 pm »

don't know if there is something missing because of this, but on win10 a registry key ist generated one level to deep:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
"LegendsViewer.exe"=dword:00002710

Thanks! Algorithmen already fixed this bug.

Fix will be in the next version.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2016, 08:24:38 pm »

Hi, I'd just like to say that to me this has become my most important external utility for enjoying DF even compared to DFhack and DT.  :D

Considering the title says "unofficial", I'm unsure if this is the right place, but the one feature I think would enhance this utility greatly would be a bookmark feature. If it could carry over several xml dumps of the same world it would be especially great, but even without it it would be awesome to have a quick list of bookmarked pages you want to keep track of, even if it is just some kind of raw text you can then search for in later dumps of the same world. Obviously I have no technical knowledge of how difficult this would be to implement.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:15:46 pm by LordKnows »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2016, 01:17:10 pm »

Hi, I'd just like to say that to me this has become my most important external utility for enjoying DF even compared to DFhack and DT.  :D
Thanks!  :D

Considering the title says "unofficial", I'm unsure if this is the right place, but the one feature I think would enhance this utility greatly would be a bookmark feature. If it could carry over several xml dumps of the same world it would be especially great, but even without it it would be awesome to have a quick list of bookmarked pages you want to keep track of, even if it is just some kind of raw text you can then search for in later dumps of the same world. Obviously I have no technical knowledge of how difficult this would be to implement.
I submitted your idea to my Legends Viewer Github page. I hope to find time during the holidays to look into some of the issues I want to finish before releasing the next version.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2017, 02:21:42 am »

You might want to think about renaming this. I mean, it may not be 'official' but its the only version which actually works with the current version of DF. Yeah, its a branch, but you might be inadvertently putting people off using one of the best (windows) utils for understanding the game.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.17.01 | DF 0.43.XX
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2017, 03:20:31 pm »

You are absolutly right, I changed the title.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2017, 08:17:25 pm »

"...in a vampire purge" could do with a little more flavor.

Legends Mode version:
"In the year 889, Dang Baldevils fled to Sickjackals."

Legends Viewer:
"In 889, midwinter, Dang settled in Sickjackals. In a vampire purge"

In this case, Legends Viewer is actually giving us more information than Legends Mode which is great, it could just do with being arranged better. "In 889, midwinter, Dang fled to Sickjackals after a vampire purge" or something similar would be good.

There's a few cases where "In a..." is stuck on the end of a sentence. "Abducted...In an abduction" followed by "Settled in...In an abduction" is another which could do with being cleaned up.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2017, 01:03:54 pm »

I just revised all eventcollection information and tried to incorporate it better into the existing event description text.
Redundant information like "In 87, early summer, (Hematite, 22) the dwarf Iden Furnacetongues made a journey to the depths of the world. In a journey." was completely removed.
Your example would now be "In 889, midwinter, Dang fled to Sickjackals during a vampire purge."

I only have the information if an event is part of a bigger eventcollection. An eventcollection may be something like a battle, a theft, an abduction, a purge, a beast rampage, ...
There are hundreds of event/eventcollection combinations so I went the easy way for now and combined their description texts in most cases with "... during ...".

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2017, 12:02:02 pm »

I recently wondered, is it possible to see the names of Brooks, rivers, and other water bodies in the world?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2017, 01:05:38 pm »

This is amazing tool! I was especially amused by the combat charts from which I can see exactly how many giant wombats were employed in historical battles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2017, 08:08:17 pm »

Hi, I've been having issues where if a creature's plural name/caste name doesn't end with "s", it isn't counted as a part of civilized population. Is this a bug, or is there a problem with plurals of creature names not ending with an "s"?

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2017, 04:41:22 am »

Hi, I've been having issues where if a creature's plural name/caste name doesn't end with "s", it isn't counted as a part of civilized population. Is this a bug, or is there a problem with plurals of creature names not ending with an "s"?

The problem is that I don't have the information if a race string is plural or singular. In the xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt file it depends if the population count is greater than 1 which form is used (613 bats vs. 1 bat). In the XML files most race strings are singular or sometimes even only tags like 'camel_2_humped'. I try to map these various forms by using some hardcoded simple (and not very good  ;)) rules. To definitely solve this problem I would have to parse the raws, but I don't want to do that. The exported files should not require the users to keep extra game files.

Maybe in the future the exported XMLs add more information so I don't have to rely on my current method.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31