Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 222432 times)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX
« on: December 13, 2015, 05:49:09 pm »

Recreates Legends Mode from exported data. Browser like navigation, including tabs, allows to easily view other people/places/entities by just clicking names in the event logs or search lists, CTRL+Click opens a new tab.

Download here!

Source!

README

Getting the data from Dwarf Fortress:
If you are already playing a fort or adventure on the save you want to use, you need to:
* Make a copy of your save!!!
* Abandon or retire your fortress/adventure on the copy
* Enter DF legends mode on the copy

Recommended: (requires DFHack which is usually included in Lazy Newb Pack)
1. Enter DF legends mode on the save you want to export
2. Switch to the DFHack window
3. Enter the command `exportlegends info` and press enter
  * this command generates all files you need and an additional file with the ending legends_plus.xml
  * the legends_plus.xml file contains a lot of information that is missing if you export via the old way

Or use the old way:
1. Enter Legends Mode.
2. Export the XML `(x)`
3. Export Map/Gen Information `(p)`
4. (Optional) Export Additional Detailed Maps `(d)`

* (Optional) Archive/Compress files

NOTE: If you see a lot of UNKNOWN stuff it is because of this:
XML dump is incomplete! Anywhere that there are details left out I noted with "UNKNOWN" however if you see any "INVALID" then its a bug that needs to be fixed.
If you export the data with DFHacks' `exportlegends info` a lot of additional data is available and you will get less "UNKNOWN" information.

Screenshots:

Familytree:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Curse Lineage:

Regions:

Sites with Structures:

World Constructions (Roads, Tunnels):

Structures (Taverns, Libraries, ...):

Written Content:

Leadership Information:

Changelog:

Older Changelogs:
See on Releases page on GitHub
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 07:08:20 am by Kromtec »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.14.01 (0.42.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 04:25:47 am »

PTW
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:33:22 am »

Do you think it'd  be possible to run it under Mono?

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 10:41:28 am »

Awesome! I really appreciate you taking over for Parker here, this is one of my favorite third party utilities. Be a shame if it just went under with this new version.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 07:46:58 am »

Do you think it'd  be possible to run it under Mono?

Sorry, I won't have the time to rewrite larger core components of the program especially with tools I am not familiar with.
But I will definitly do my best to keep it alive and healthy.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 02:01:53 pm »

Mono is an implementation of .Net for Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows. It is not the Microsoft version, though Microsoft has contributed significantly to the development of Mono.

You may wish to familiarize yourself with the ecosystem of .Net, but hey, good job updating.

Let's run through a checklist, does it use the Windows Forms for gui? Check.

Does it use an external library that is specific to Windows? Yes. It uses 7Zip.dll, which is written in C, rather than a portable C# implementation. That may be an issue, I'm not sure if it is possible to change the linking so that it would use a Linux version of the library. It looks like it would probably require some modification in order to allow it to work on both, I'm not set up for that right now though.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 08:17:27 am »

Odd entry in Legends Viewer for a world I just generated. I'm using a modded in race of minotaurs, but I don't think that'd cause this:

"In 258, early summer, (Hematite, 15) the hydra Cavere Largespecial the Growth of Blisters fought with Ingiz. While defeated, the latter escaped unscathed. In The 2nd rampage of Cavere Largespecial the Growth of Blisters in Gemwondered as part of a competition."

Awesome that the 1 year old Ingiz Gildrush survived a hydra attack. Odd that it was part of a competition...!

DF Legends mode records the attack, but not as a competition.

Interestingly, Ingiz went on to become a farmer, then suddenly at the age of 19 began worshiping rocs.  4 of them at first. A couple of years later she became queen and added another roc to her God list. She worships a hydra on the side too (not the one that tried to eat her as a child).

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 12:45:49 pm »

Odd entry in Legends Viewer for a world I just generated. I'm using a modded in race of minotaurs, but I don't think that'd cause this:

"In 258, early summer, (Hematite, 15) the hydra Cavere Largespecial the Growth of Blisters fought with Ingiz. While defeated, the latter escaped unscathed. In The 2nd rampage of Cavere Largespecial the Growth of Blisters in Gemwondered as part of a competition."

Awesome that the 1 year old Ingiz Gildrush survived a hydra attack. Odd that it was part of a competition...!

DF Legends mode records the attack, but not as a competition.

Interestingly, Ingiz went on to become a farmer, then suddenly at the age of 19 began worshiping rocs.  4 of them at first. A couple of years later she became queen and added another roc to her God list. She worships a hydra on the side too (not the one that tried to eat her as a child).

That is really strange. I just looked through some bigger worlds and it seems common now, that beast attacks have a "parent_eventcol"-property set with IDs that link them to event collections of competitions, ceremonies, ...

Tomorrow when I am at home, I will take a look at older 0.40.xx worlds if beast attacks have meaningful "parent_eventcol"-properties there.

Edit:
I checked and couldn't find one beast attack that was linked to a parent collection in 0.40.xx worlds.
Now in 0.42.xx a lot of beast attacks happen to be during special occasions. What's very weird is that the linked occasion always has the exact same start- and enddates as the attack. I could understand if there is a ceremony that gets interrupted by an attacking beast, but in that case the ceremony should start before the attack, not in the same second.

If DF Legends Mode doesn't show it, I'll call it a bug and won't show it in the next version either.

Thanks Shonai_Dweller for reporting.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:40:34 am by Kromtec »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 06:18:52 pm »

Didn't Toady say some festivals are set up in memory of beast attacks/beast defeats. That would require linking one to the other presumably. And while they should probably start a year later, it might be easier for world-gen to start them at the same time for some reason.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:21:07 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.14.02 (0.42.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 11:07:27 am »

Changelog 1.14.02:

Changelog 1.14.01:

Changelog 1.14.00:
Where I can see ceremonies and other new events? I can't find them in program. Using with 42.03 DF.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 11:41:40 am »

Good work! I have been running my own modded version of Parker147's original code to keep Legends Viewer relevant for .40/.42 but I'm going to switch over to this. Thank you.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 12:41:49 pm »

As some of you may have already seen. I released Version 1.14.02 today!

Download here!

When ever I fired up Legend-Viewer in previous versions the first thing I did was to go through the individual civilization pages.
I wanted to get an idea of the distribution of powers in my newly generated world.

How many fortresses do this dwarven civilization have?
How strong is their population compared to the goblin civilization next door?
Is the civ I want to play even composed of dwarves or mainly of goblins and humans?
Will I get visits from the kobold civs or are they already extinct?

My main goal with this release was essentially to get a good overview of all this things without having to navigate through a lot of pages.

Instead of only a list of civilization names you now get more detailed information on top of the world stats page.

Next to the map is a chart of the civilized world population distribution.
The list of civilizations is split into current and fallen civilizations.

One entry of a civilization shows the portion of people from the original civ-race + the portion of people from other civilized races that migrated into this civ.
You also get the number of sites that are currently owned by this civ.

If you navigate to an entity (civ, group, ...) or site instead of one list for all population information you now get grouped lists for civilized, animal people, outcasts, prisoners, slaves and others.

Changelog 1.14.02:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:08:12 pm by Kromtec »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 06:24:32 pm »

Looks very nice!

I've found previously Legends Viewer has been slightly misleading when it comes to nearly dead civs. Bring up the civ stats and it says 'no sites since 400 years ago' but boot up World Viewer and you find 86 members of the civ living in a nearby refugee camp. DF Adventurer allows you to start at the camp and fortress mode usually allows you to play as them.

Does this new 'fallen civs' actually indicate no playable population, or just no sites? Civs in a bad way make for fun stories.

Also are civilized animal people listed in populations?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 09:08:37 am »

OK tried this out now. It's nice. But you've made it incompatible with mods.
Legends Viewer is good because it throws up information about whatever you mod into it. It's great and flexible that way.

I've got a fairly normal world which I've modded an extra race of minotaurs into.

But in new Legends Viewer:
Minotaurs don't show up on the opening graph.
Each Minotaur civ is listed as having no original race members left (lie)
The civilized population of one of my Minotaurs civs apparently consists of Dwarves, Elves, Humans and goblins (despite the population of 8764 minotaurs, who I'm pretty sure are civilized in their own misguided way)

I like the 'was slowly repopulated' information. That's good to know.
Also the what's the top graph total number calculated from? It doesn't match Site Populations. Is it including outcasts?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 09:15:06 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 02:51:48 pm »

OK tried this out now. It's nice. But you've made it incompatible with mods.
Legends Viewer is good because it throws up information about whatever you mod into it. It's great and flexible that way.

I've got a fairly normal world which I've modded an extra race of minotaurs into.

But in new Legends Viewer:
Minotaurs don't show up on the opening graph.
Each Minotaur civ is listed as having no original race members left (lie)
The civilized population of one of my Minotaurs civs apparently consists of Dwarves, Elves, Humans and goblins (despite the population of 8764 minotaurs, who I'm pretty sure are civilized in their own misguided way)

I like the 'was slowly repopulated' information. That's good to know.
Also the what's the top graph total number calculated from? It doesn't match Site Populations. Is it including outcasts?

Can you upload a legend export? I'll try to make the new features as generic as possible with the next version.
The total numbers in the chart come from the regionx-xxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt file.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31