Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 226383 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.07 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2018, 03:53:08 am »

I get a blank screen when I try to click on a destroyed (by user sent squads) necro tower site. If I do a search of the necromancers by name I get an exception.

Long: I played as a civ whose first queen turned a necromancer. I built a fortress to attack the tower she was in, according to Legends. My squads succeeded and destroyed the site, killing all necromancers. I retired then and exported the xml to read the details offgame, but that event didn't show / caused the crash.

I guess the possibility of destroying sites is not supported yet? It's just normal, it's a recent feature. I can provide the xml, if you are curious.
Have you tried to look at it in the "raw" Legends Mode to see if the info is shown correctly there?

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2018, 04:04:44 am »

I get a blank screen when I try to click on a destroyed (by user sent squads) necro tower site. If I do a search of the necromancers by name I get an exception.

Long: I played as a civ whose first queen turned a necromancer. I built a fortress to attack the tower she was in, according to Legends. My squads succeeded and destroyed the site, killing all necromancers. I retired then and exported the xml to read the details offgame, but that event didn't show / caused the crash.

I guess the possibility of destroying sites is not supported yet? It's just normal, it's a recent feature. I can provide the xml, if you are curious.

Yeah, would be awesome if you could upload a zip that contains these files:
Code: [Select]
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt

Or even better: a zip of the save so i can cross-check the information in DF Legends Mode.

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2018, 12:58:18 pm »

Tonight (european time) I can send it. Save and xml.
For what I recall, it was pretty informative in the error message about the things it couldn't understand.

Thanks for your attention.
A lot. Really.

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2018, 01:42:01 am »

Here's the save.
Hope it helps you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dirk45t4u9lxxka/DF%20save.rar?dl=0

Also, let me know if the link doesn't work. I managed to screw these kind of things before.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2018, 03:57:35 am »

Here's the save.
Hope it helps you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dirk45t4u9lxxka/DF%20save.rar?dl=0

Also, let me know if the link doesn't work. I managed to screw these kind of things before.

Thank you, everything works.
There are 3 new events in your save:
  • entity rampaged in site
  • entity fled site
  • agreement void
.. but they don't lead to a bug and are not imported from the xml. I will add them in the next couple of days so they will be displayed in the Legends Viewer.   :D

I found a crash when opening the page of your civ "The Hatchet of Dreaming". That crash happened because battles that occur during a mission sometimes have no defender or attacker set.
But I can not reproduce the bug you described when opening the page of the necro tower or the necromancer queen "Rith Cryptpick".
All 3 towers in your world open just fine: Earthenapes, Abyssknife and Ferriedtalon

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2018, 04:51:15 am »

Curious, the reports said "destroyed". But guess it's more like "the group there fled".

Good to know everything's ok, I had crashes when trying to save while my squads were half-returned (I panicked a bit), until I figured it was related to the battle finishing and characters already out of the game world but not yet in my fortress.

Glad to be of any help for improving the Viewer. Is there a donation button somewhere? This software is for me even more enjoyable than Therapist and other utility wonders. ¿How do I pay you a coffee?

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2018, 06:15:42 am »

Curious, the reports said "destroyed". But guess it's more like "the group there fled".

Two of the three towers are destroyed. The "site destroyed" event is nothing new and happened during world gen for years now. What is new is that now you can induce such an event through the new mission system.

Glad to be of any help for improving the Viewer. Is there a donation button somewhere? This software is for me even more enjoyable than Therapist and other utility wonders. ¿How do I pay you a coffee?

Haha, glad you like it, donate to
http://www.bay12games.com/support.html

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2018, 12:38:23 am »

I'm already a patron of bay 12, I meant Legends Viewer (I also threw a few bucks to the supporter of the starter pack in its moment).

Guess you're ok with knowing your work is great and you're bringing happiness to the world.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.08 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2018, 07:54:45 am »

New Release 1.19.08!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
# export map feature + new and updated events
### Features
- export map with all currently displayed overlays
- added agreement void event
- added entity rampaged in site event
- added entity fled site event

### Enhancements
- updated site conquered event collection
- updated destroyed site event
- updated agreement formed event

### Bugfix
- entity page - battles where attacker or defender is null caused crash

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data.
The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in [Lazy Newb Pack](http://lazynewbpack.com/) for exporting the additional XML file!

You can now export maps with all currently displayed overlays.
  • Civ icons
  • Population Heatmaps
  • Sites
  • Battles
  • Wars
  • Alternative map overlay with transparency

Like for example this map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@pamelrabo
Your world should not crash anymore and I implemented the new events.  :)

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2018, 01:18:42 pm »

IYour work is great and you're bringing happiness to the world.

I'd say it one and one thousand times.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2018, 01:16:12 pm »

Two questions.

First: how to enable the family view? I see empty space instead of graphs. May it be to some limitations of my hardware or software? I can see the maps (including overlays) and charts seemingly fine.

Second: Initially I had a problem with program not finding the legends plus file. I have a directory/world named "region4410b_Wetsalve_LEGENDS_250". Export with DFHack ('exportlegends info') creates such files:
region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-legends.xml
region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-world_history.txt
region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-world_map.bmp
region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-world_sites_and_pops.txt
region4410b_Wetsalve_LEGENDS_250-00250-01-15-legends_plus.xml
region4410b_Wetsalve_LEGENDS_250-world_gen_param.txt
I've checked with ProcMon that LegendsViewer expects the legends plus file to be named "region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-legends_plus.xml" (so I renamed it, and have no errors now). Apparently either DFHack or LegendsViewer names the file wrongly. Which one is that?

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2018, 10:51:30 pm »

Is there any possibility that Historical figures/Artifacts will get their physical descriptions in the viewer, or is it simply impossible to add? And are event logs supposed to have some sort of text information? The charts alone don't impart much themselves(I am also not seeing graphs of battle summaries or family trees, using current versions of all three; dfhack, lviewer, and df.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:12:24 am by Bimbus »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2018, 04:03:22 am »

... how to enable the family view? I see empty space instead of graphs. May it be to some limitations of my hardware or software? I can see the maps (including overlays) and charts seemingly fine.
... are event logs supposed to have some sort of text information? The charts alone don't impart much themselves(I am also not seeing graphs of battle summaries or family trees, using current versions of all three; dfhack, lviewer, and df.)
I just checked with DF 0.44.10 + DFHack 0.44.10-beta1 + LegendsViewer 1.19.08 and everything works fine for me. What OS do you use?

Is there any possibility that Historical figures/Artifacts will get their physical descriptions in the viewer, or is it simply impossible to add?
Sorry, but that is not possible as long as this information is not exported by DF or DFHack.

Initially I had a problem with program not finding the legends plus file. I have a directory/world named "region4410b_Wetsalve_LEGENDS_250". Export with DFHack ('exportlegends info') creates such files:
region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-legends.xml
region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-world_history.txt
region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-world_map.bmp
region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-world_sites_and_pops.txt
region4410b_Wetsalve_LEGENDS_250-00250-01-15-legends_plus.xml
region4410b_Wetsalve_LEGENDS_250-world_gen_param.txt
I've checked with ProcMon that LegendsViewer expects the legends plus file to be named "region4410b_Wetsalve-00250-01-15-legends_plus.xml" (so I renamed it, and have no errors now). Apparently either DFHack or LegendsViewer names the file wrongly. Which one is that?
This seems to be a DFHack and or DF issue. I just tried it with exactly your world name "region4410b_Wetsalve_LEGENDS_250" and get the same result. Maybe the name is too long or a special case when there are more than one underscore characters in it. I don't know.
LegendsViewer has nothing to do with exporting the files but it expects the files to have this naming scheme:
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-legends.xml
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-world_history.txt
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-world_map.bmp
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-world_sites_and_pops.txt
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-legends_plus.xml
<worldname>-world_gen_param.txt

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2018, 05:25:33 am »

I just checked with DF 0.44.10 + DFHack 0.44.10-beta1 + LegendsViewer 1.19.08 and everything works fine for me. What OS do you use?

I have the graph issue resolved now. This was caused by lack of Internet Explorer 9. I use Vista x64, and it had IE8, IE9 apparently being optional. I've noticed that LV uses IE files, but at first though it's for internet access only, not as rendering engine. Later I saw I can see source of the displayed information, so copied it to HTML file, and displayed in my old Firefox, and then realised what's the issue. Then I downloaded IE9 and installed (I also applied the last Vista security update, which was for IE9 specifically), and this resolved the problem. As a side note, now my IE does crash when launched separately, but that's OK, as long as Legend Viewer works.

This seems to be a DFHack and or DF issue. I just tried it with exactly your world name "region4410b_Wetsalve_LEGENDS_250" and get the same result. Maybe the name is too long or a special case when there are more than one underscore characters in it. I don't know.
LegendsViewer has nothing to do with exporting the files but it expects the files to have this naming scheme:
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-legends.xml
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-world_history.txt
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-world_map.bmp
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-world_sites_and_pops.txt
<worldname>-<year>-<month>-<day>-legends_plus.xml
<worldname>-world_gen_param.txt

Thank you for answer. The naming issue is minor, and apparently on the DFHacks side anyway. I renamed the world_gen_param too, just in case it is used (is it?).

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2018, 11:02:15 am »

I am using Windows 7 64bit but only have IE 8 as well. Its likely that this is the issue, but just to confirm, installing the appropriate IE fixed the issues with both chart and log information? Installed the necessary version for my os and everything is working perfectly now. Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:27:10 pm by Bimbus »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31