Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225060 times)

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.09 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2019, 02:27:38 am »

"Forget IE for a moment - does it actually play nicely with Edge?" I sometimes wonder.

Also, reporting in w/Firefox here sans expected history files, and it seems to be working as expected.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2019, 02:43:10 am »

"Forget IE for a moment - does it actually play nicely with Edge?" I sometimes wonder.

No, it does not. Microsoft does not use Edge for their embedded WebBrowser control, it always comes back to IE.  ::)
Hopefully this will change with their new Chromium Edge.

btonasse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2019, 11:16:33 am »

I sure can. Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/NkD3pJh

This is from a world generated with 1050 years of history, and no site/historical figure/whatever has a single entry in the Event Log. I always had this problem with Legends Viewer. Before I used to just view my legends on Legends Browser, but this particular world is too big for the Legends Browser to handle. Another related problem is that all family trees are empty, even for characters with many children.

Other than that, everything works as it should. All entities as listed, I just cannot see the text for any events on the Event Log (bottom of the screen).

EDIT: providing more information

The Windows Forms WebBrowser control uses Internet Explorer internally. When you upgrade to the newest IE version, you should see all the charts and logs. What operating system do you use?

Ha! That's it. Since I never use IE (who still does, by the way?), I didn't realize mine had been uninstalled a long time ago. It's a pity that we need to install some useless piece of software (sorry, Microsoft) to be able to use this...

Anyway, thanks for the help! Much appreciated.
Using Chrome (windows 10). Works perfectly. Always has.

--Edit
Oh. It's using IE anyhow? Hmm. Bit of an issue there.

Yeah, sadly it uses IE, regardless of what is your default browser. This cannot be changed, Windows Forms WebBrowser control is restricted to IE. There are thirdparty controls like CEFSharp that use a version of Chrome, but using these would mean that instead of being ~2.5MB, LegendsViewer would have to bundle all the necessary Chromium Embedded Framework files and would get as big as ~80MB if I remember correctly.  :-\

Here I am, fingers crossed, hoping this changes in the future and I can forget IE exists again.

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.10 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2019, 01:36:17 am »

Legends viewer seems not play well with custom-made sites in Adventure mode. I made a site and retired my adventurer, and both the page for the adventurer himself and his created camp do not work. Here's the message:

Code: [Select]
************* Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HistoricalFigureHtmlPrinter.PrintRelatedArtifacts()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HistoricalFigureHtmlPrinter.Print()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlPrinter.GetHtmlPage()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlControl.GetControl()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.DwarfTabPage.LoadPageControl()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.DwarfTabPage.NewPageControl(PageControl pageControl)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.DwarfTabControl.Navigate(ControlOption control, Object navigateObject)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Tabs.BaseSearchTab.ListSearch_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at BrightIdeasSoftware.ObjectListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LegendsViewer
    Assembly Version: 1.19.10.352
    Win32 Version: 1.19.10.352
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/LegendsViewer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ObjectListView
    Assembly Version: 2.9.1.1072
    Win32 Version: 2.9.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/ObjectListView.DLL
WFC
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/WFC.DLL
SevenZipSharp
    Assembly Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    Win32 Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/SevenZipSharp.DLL
CommonMark
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/CommonMark.DLL
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
Jdenticon
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/Jdenticon.DLL
Jdenticon.Gdi
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/Jdenticon.Gdi.DLL

This isn't too much of a problem because it doesn't crash the whole program, and other objects that are tangentially related to the site (artifacts stored there for example) work fine, but the viewer is so much better than the in-game legends that it's a bit annoying having to switch between them.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2019, 03:08:11 am »

Legends viewer seems not play well with custom-made sites in Adventure mode. I made a site and retired my adventurer, and both the page for the adventurer himself and his created camp do not work. Here's the message:

************* Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HistoricalFigureHtmlPrinter.PrintRelatedArtifacts()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HistoricalFigureHtmlPrinter.Print()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlPrinter.GetHtmlPage()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlControl.GetControl()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.DwarfTabPage.LoadPageControl()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.DwarfTabPage.NewPageControl(PageControl pageControl)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.DwarfTabControl.Navigate(ControlOption control, Object navigateObject)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Tabs.BaseSearchTab.ListSearch_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at BrightIdeasSoftware.ObjectListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
LegendsViewer
    Assembly Version: 1.19.10.352
    Win32 Version: 1.19.10.352
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/LegendsViewer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ObjectListView
    Assembly Version: 2.9.1.1072
    Win32 Version: 2.9.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/ObjectListView.DLL
WFC
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/WFC.DLL
SevenZipSharp
    Assembly Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    Win32 Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/SevenZipSharp.DLL
CommonMark
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/CommonMark.DLL
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
Jdenticon
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/Jdenticon.DLL
Jdenticon.Gdi
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/mdf%20new/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/LegendsViewer/Jdenticon.Gdi.DLL

This isn't too much of a problem because it doesn't crash the whole program, and other objects that are tangentially related to the site (artifacts stored there for example) work fine, but the viewer is so much better than the in-game legends that it's a bit annoying having to switch between them.

Hi, sorry for answering so late.
I think I found the problem, if you provide the exported files, I can test my fix:
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2019, 03:46:23 pm »

Hey, I notice you don't have an email. Could be tricky, because I am willing to provide exported files if I knew where to send them, basically:
...as it happens, am slightly uncertain if this would turn out to be an XML (and therefore Toady) thing, or LV thing, but there seems to be an overuse of the plural form when the singular ought to be used (*examples in the Sabre of Taxing or the Pale Hale Hame) Not sure how far it extends, at least for this world. Furthermore, over in Arts and Crafts, things seem uncomfortably thin on the ground WRT the apparent interrelationship of music and poetry, at least in the current DF version (EX: 'dance is accompanied by any composition of YYYY' Me: "ok, let's see what YYYY is....damn, no hyperlink!")
*NPC forts, for which it's presumed you'd need data. Unfortunately, much like Toady doesn't Reddit, I don't Github. Yet, anyway.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2019, 04:14:05 pm »

Hey, I notice you don't have an email. Could be tricky, because I am willing to provide exported files if I knew where to send them, basically:
...as it happens, am slightly uncertain if this would turn out to be an XML (and therefore Toady) thing, or LV thing, but there seems to be an overuse of the plural form when the singular ought to be used (*examples in the Sabre of Taxing or the Pale Hale Hame) Not sure how far it extends, at least for this world. Furthermore, over in Arts and Crafts, things seem uncomfortably thin on the ground WRT the apparent interrelationship of music and poetry, at least in the current DF version (EX: 'dance is accompanied by any composition of YYYY' Me: "ok, let's see what YYYY is....damn, no hyperlink!")
*NPC forts, for which it's presumed you'd need data. Unfortunately, much like Toady doesn't Reddit, I don't Github. Yet, anyway.

Hi! You can upload your exported files to the Dwarf Fortress File Depot (DFFD) and contact me in this thread here.
There sometimes may be long response times in between major releases of DF, but close to the releases I am very active and read the forums regularly.  :)

The files that I need to test things are:

Sadly, descriptions of art forms in the exported XMLs contain no further information I could use to link to other content.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2019, 10:54:29 am »

Hi! You can upload your exported files to the Dwarf Fortress File Depot (DFFD) and contact me in this thread here.
There sometimes may be long response times in between major releases of DF, but close to the releases I am very active and read the forums regularly.  :)

The files that I need to test things are:

It may have taken a while, but the work is done. Also, similarly, any deity name starting with "The" just gets chopped off in the description and listing of events. Ex: The Aquamarine Silks
Is a deity that occurs in the myths of The Realm of Channeling. The is most often depicted as a female human.
  or In 20, midspring, (15th of Slate) The cursed the goblin werebeast Nako Blackirons to assume the form of a skink-like monster every full moon in Scratchsugar.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2019, 06:50:19 am »

It may have taken a while, but the work is done. Also, similarly, any deity name starting with "The" just gets chopped off in the description and listing of events. Ex: The Aquamarine Silks
Is a deity that occurs in the myths of The Realm of Channeling. The is most often depicted as a female human.
  or In 20, midspring, (15th of Slate) The cursed the goblin werebeast Nako Blackirons to assume the form of a skink-like monster every full moon in Scratchsugar.

Thanks! I fixed the "short name" bug of deities.

...as it happens, am slightly uncertain if this would turn out to be an XML (and therefore Toady) thing, or LV thing, but there seems to be an overuse of the plural form when the singular ought to be used (*examples in the Sabre of Taxing or the Pale Hale Hame) Not sure how far it extends, at least for this world.

Do you mean in the populations lists? Example "1 ducks", "1 sparrow men", ...
I only get the plural form from the XML.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2019, 01:40:18 pm »

Yeah, that seems to be the case.  Hang on, is there supposed to be a "KnowledgeScholarFlag: 0" in the References field of a written work, or do we have another bug here? (Suspect: The Book of the Light of Day, by a Thalu Dabblinghoof, elven hobbyist astronomer.) Also noting the general shortness - nigh-complete absence, to be precise - of description on written works in general (as in "reduced to what appears to be bare bones technicalities") versus Legends Mode - XML again?   
(LV example: A cheerful, self indulgent, Cheerful, SelfIndulgent manual written by the elf Thalu Dabblinghoof.)

EDIT: Almost forgot - yes, you have permission to credit my username for this in the next update if you'd rather!  :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 07:40:01 am by Silverwing235 »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2019, 05:50:11 am »

Yeah, that seems to be the case.  Hang on, is there supposed to be a "KnowledgeScholarFlag: 0" in the References field of a written work, or do we have another bug here? (Suspect: The Book of the Light of Day, by a Thalu Dabblinghoof, elven hobbyist astronomer.) Also noting the general shortness - nigh-complete absence, to be precise - of description on written works in general (as in "reduced to what appears to be bare bones technicalities") versus Legends Mode - XML again?   
(LV example: A cheerful, self indulgent, Cheerful, SelfIndulgent manual written by the elf Thalu Dabblinghoof.)

EDIT: Almost forgot - yes, you have permission to credit my username for this in the next update if you'd rather!  :)

Yes, the XML from vanilla DF is very incomplete. The legends_plus.xml from DFHack adds a lot of missing data, but sadly nowhere near all of it.
The "KnowledgeScholarFlag: 0" text is a fallback. If I can not resolve the reference (a written work can reference an artifact or another written work, ...), I write exactly what is in the XML.
If you know what "KnowledgeScholarFlag: 0" stands for and can point to what exactly it references in the XML, I may be able to make a meaningful link.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2019, 09:24:06 am »

Other than the suspicion of its being some sort of binary switch, after much thought, I have to admit I'm at an impasse - may as well check w/Toady. BTW, I'm content with the name credit applying to the populations lists and "short name" stuff anyway.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2019, 02:50:25 am »

Question about legends_plus. I want to find info about all important sites and buildings to auto generate signatures for my map.
I find where things like

<site>
<civ_id>25</civ_id>
<cur_owner_id>1122</cur_owner_id>
<id>11</id>
<structures>
<structure>
<id>0</id>
<type>inn_tavern</type>
<name>The Mint Harvester</name>
<name2>Gitnukud</name2>
</structure>
<structure>
<id>1</id>
<type>inn_tavern</type>
<name>The Sweet Snacks</name>
<name2>Xospogud</name2>
<inhabitant>3959</inhabitant>
<inhabitant>10903</inhabitant>
<inhabitant>22732</inhabitant>
<inhabitant>31956</inhabitant>
<inhabitant>38921</inhabitant>
</structure>
</structures>
</site>
How can i find info about fistly position this site on global map - and, secondly -info about proper position of this tavern in map tile.
Can i find this info somewhere in legends_export or legends export_plus?
Can dfhack get this info then this place is loaded in memory?

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2019, 03:25:25 am »

Question about legends_plus. I want to find info about all important sites and buildings to auto generate signatures for my map.
I find where things like

<site>
<civ_id>25</civ_id>
<cur_owner_id>1122</cur_owner_id>
<id>11</id>
<structures>
<structure>
<id>0</id>
<type>inn_tavern</type>
<name>The Mint Harvester</name>
<name2>Gitnukud</name2>
</structure>
<structure>
<id>1</id>
<type>inn_tavern</type>
<name>The Sweet Snacks</name>
<name2>Xospogud</name2>
<inhabitant>3959</inhabitant>
<inhabitant>10903</inhabitant>
<inhabitant>22732</inhabitant>
<inhabitant>31956</inhabitant>
<inhabitant>38921</inhabitant>
</structure>
</structures>
</site>
How can i find info about fistly position this site on global map - and, secondly -info about proper position of this tavern in map tile.
Can i find this info somewhere in legends_export or legends export_plus?
Can dfhack get this info then this place is loaded in memory?

legends.xml:
<site>
<id>6</id>
<type>fortress</type>
<name>ringedcats</name>
<coords>45,31</coords>
<rectangle>722,503:724,505</rectangle>
<structures>
    <structure>
<local_id>0</local_id>
<type>inn tavern</type>
<name>the fruity harvest</name>
    </structure>
</structures>
</site>
legends_plus.xml:
<site>
<civ_id>63</civ_id>
<cur_owner_id>64</cur_owner_id>
<id>6</id>
<structures>
<structure>
<id>0</id>
<type>inn_tavern</type>
<name>The Fruity Harvest</name>
<name2>Dozebgolud</name2>
<inhabitant>19998</inhabitant>
</structure>
</structures>
</site>

In the legends.xml file you can find coords and rectangle of the site. The site has the same id in both xml files.
coords are the x,y position of the site in world tiles
rectangle are x,y,width,height info of the site in mid map tiles I think.
As far as I know, you can not find the position of structures in the exported files. I don't know if DFHack provides this info.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2019, 04:23:54 am »

A quick look with gui/gm-editor shows that sites (can) have abstract buildings and those buildings have coordinates, but those coordinates are world map ones, not a finer resolution than that. It's possible DF generates building locations from seeds for generated locations, or that it's hidden away in the largely unmapped "world_data.site_unk130" vector. The "buildings" vector in the world data contains only the buildings in the player fortress (I don't retire fortresses, but I wouldn't expect old fortresses to clutter the list).

Thus, you're likely to have to do some DF structure research to be able to find the location of buildings in in-game coordinates.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31