Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 222473 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.10 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2019, 09:29:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Red signatures is from info in "coords" tag
Green - from rectangle. (it's placed in middle of it)
I don't really understand how correctly convert one to other - firstly i think that green must be more accurate, but now i don't sure...
If anybody knows how it work better, i will be glad any help.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2019, 09:40:20 am »

Red signatures is from info in "coords" tag
Green - from rectangle. (it's placed in middle of it)
And they all seriously incorrect.
I even don't really understand how correctly convert one to other - firstly i think that green must be more accurate, but now i don't sure...
And ofc, if somebody knows how to get totally accurate coords  - it would be super fine.
If anybody knows how it work better, i will be glad any help.

2xW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2019, 08:13:26 pm »

Ohh I am happy, I got it working on Manjaro using wine. So far everything i tested worked besides family trees and the pie chart in the summary. Family trees are just a blank space. Maybe i still need to install an additional component for wine? Also i am getting some visual artifacts like shown in the picture but that's alright with me. Maybe someone else knows how to get the family trees and pie chart working?
Edit: while family trees dont work, the lineage for werebeast curses works.

No family tree

Visual glitches
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:47:15 pm by 2xW »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2019, 07:09:11 am »

Ohh I am happy, I got it working on Manjaro using wine. So far everything i tested worked besides family trees and the pie chart in the summary. Family trees are just a blank space. Maybe i still need to install an additional component for wine? Also i am getting some visual artifacts like shown in the picture but that's alright with me. Maybe someone else knows how to get the family trees and pie chart working?
Edit: while family trees dont work, the lineage for werebeast curses works.

Sorry, I don't know why you have those visual glitches, but you need Internet Explorer 9+ installed for the charts and the family trees. The .NET WebBrowser control that is used to display the individual pages runs only with IE (not Edge). If you can, try to install IE 11, the latest and last version.

2xW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2019, 09:18:50 am »

Oh no need to apologize, I know its not really meant to run on Linux so i expected these kinda things. Hmm i am pretty sure I installed IE11, but maybe it didn't go well. Will try again. Thanks for your response though, now i at least know that i am not missing something else (probably^^)

brg3386

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 05, 2019, 09:33:07 pm »

Trying to load a 1050 year world results in this error, consistently occurring right after Legends Viewer attempts to read the sites. I read earlier in the thread a similar issue was being caused by duplicate named entities. Tediously, I started checking for duplicate civ names, site names, and group names. The only result was finding two sites with the same dwarven name "Berduthnur" one being Earthguarded and the other being Earthenguarded. Changing the name yielded nothing. I'd love to hear as to how to proceed from hear.

Code: [Select]
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.SitesAndPopulationsParser.ReadParentCiv()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.SitesAndPopulationsParser.Parse()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(BackgroundWorker worker, String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile, String xmlPlusFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.BackgroundWorkerOnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 06, 2019, 03:17:29 am »

Trying to load a 1050 year world results in this error, consistently occurring right after Legends Viewer attempts to read the sites. I read earlier in the thread a similar issue was being caused by duplicate named entities. Tediously, I started checking for duplicate civ names, site names, and group names. The only result was finding two sites with the same dwarven name "Berduthnur" one being Earthguarded and the other being Earthenguarded. Changing the name yielded nothing. I'd love to hear as to how to proceed from hear.
The duplicated names of entities did not result in a crash, but in wrong connections between data, so I don't think your problem is related.

Did you use LegendsViewer 1.19.10?
If you used the most recent version of Legends Viewer and the error still happens, then please upload your exported files to the Dwarf Fortress File Depot (DFFD).

The files that I need to test things are:
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt

brg3386

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2019, 05:05:35 am »

The duplicated names of entities did not result in a crash, but in wrong connections between data, so I don't think your problem is related.

If you used the most recent version of Legends Viewer and the error still happens, then please upload your exported files to the Dwarf Fortress File Depot (DFFD).

I am indeed using 1.19.10.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14629

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2019, 05:19:29 am »

I am indeed using 1.19.10.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14629

There are 3 files from region1 from the year 1050 and 2 files from region2 1052. All files have to be from the same region and timestamp.
If you manually combined files from different regions or times, then that is your error.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:21:23 am by Kromtec »

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 09, 2019, 11:11:07 pm »

Hey, I was kinda wondering if anyone here maybe knows how can someone run LegendsViewer on linux, I kinda looked around and I found LegendBrowser as an Java based alternative but for some reason there is no executable file inside the Jar for convenience sake and when I try to run the Jar file itself it says:
So I am kinda lost about the whole thing and was wondering if anyone have guides on how to run one of the 2 because from those I found they dont really tell you how to run the god damn thing, I also already have my df-linux version with the current version of dfhack since that tool has a good and simple guide on how to actually make it work.
any help? pretty please?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 10, 2019, 03:25:07 am »

From the LegendsBrowser opening post:
On linux run "java -jar legendsbrowser-x.x.x.jar"
which is the usual way to run a jar file on linux.  Use the above thread if more help is needed.

Since Legends Viewer is .NET rather than Mono (and needs IE9+)  there is unfortunately no straight forward way to run it on anything other than windows.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 03:34:39 am by feelotraveller »

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 09, 2020, 07:03:55 pm »

Not sure if known quantity, but...

Just found buggish weirdness, reproducible (in this instance, uncertain if valid via other parameters) via Adv. Search > Artifacts + Sub Types, which generates
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Object.GetType()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.AppHelpers.GetDescription(Object enumerationValue)
   at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2.ComputeKeys(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
   at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.Sort(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.CriteriaLine.GetValueOptions()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.PropertyBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thoughts?

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 13, 2020, 03:06:01 am »

Not sure if known quantity, but...

Just found buggish weirdness, reproducible (in this instance, uncertain if valid via other parameters) via Adv. Search > Artifacts + Sub Types, which generates
   at System.Object.GetType()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.AppHelpers.GetDescription(Object enumerationValue)
   at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2.ComputeKeys(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
   at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.Sort(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.CriteriaLine.GetValueOptions()
   at LegendsViewer.Controls.Query.PropertyBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thoughts?

Thanks, I'll try to fix it for the next release.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2020, 07:51:35 am »

Using Legendsviewer to look up some of the events in my fortress.

Found that a were-lizard that attacked my fort, was actually a reptile man cursed to assume the form of a lizard-like monster...

That's... not really that much of a curse, lol

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2020, 02:35:51 am »

Using Legendsviewer to look up some of the events in my fortress.

Found that a were-lizard that attacked my fort, was actually a reptile man cursed to assume the form of a lizard-like monster...

That's... not really that much of a curse, lol

Haha, I love the funny little things this game creates!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31