Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225427 times)

kocamazov

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.06c | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #405 on: November 30, 2020, 07:40:55 am »

Hi there complete newbie here.
I have a similar debugging screen report as I import the XML files.
The error message appears when the program is loading "... Sites" in "Parsing Sites and Populations..." section.
I tried with different versions of the game as well as dfhack including the newest ones and with several different savefiles all within the default settings.

I also tried using old versions of legends viewer but to no avail.

If you could aid this poor soul on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it!
System.NullReferenceException: Nesne başvurusu bir nesnenin örneğine ayarlanmadı.
   konum: LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.SitesAndPopulationsParser.ReadParentCiv()
   konum: LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.SitesAndPopulationsParser.Parse()
   konum: LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(BackgroundWorker worker, String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile, String xmlPlusFile)
   konum: LegendsViewer.FileLoader.BackgroundWorkerOnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   konum: System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   konum: System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

edit: changing the time and date display language from native to UK in the Windows settings solved the issue because why the hell not. Also I've found out the most reliable way for the program to work is archiving the export and use that instead, for those of you still getting error messages.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:39:59 am by kocamazov »

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 23, 2020, 12:40:00 am »

Hello, I'm running with a constant crash of the legend viewer, It was working absolutely fine two days ago, and I've never had problems with it, but now is displaying this message whenever I try do load a  legends xml file or a legends_plus xml file.
The error:
Code: [Select]
System.IO.IOException: The file already exists.

em System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   em System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)
   em LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlPrinter.BitmapToHtml(Bitmap image)
   em LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.WorldStatsPrinter.PrintMap()
   em LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.WorldStatsPrinter.PrintWorldInfo()
   em LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.WorldStatsPrinter.Print()
   em LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlPrinter.GetHtmlPage()
   em LegendsViewer.Controls.HTML.HtmlControl.GetControl()
   em LegendsViewer.Controls.DwarfTabPage.LoadPageControl()
   em LegendsViewer.Controls.DwarfTabControl.Navigate(ControlOption controlOption, Object navigateObject)
   em LegendsViewer.FrmLegendsViewer.AfterLoad(World loadedWorld)
   em LegendsViewer.FileLoader.BackgroundWorkerOnRunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   em System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

Do you know what may be causing the issue?

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 04, 2021, 05:47:06 am »

Sorry I was not around a lot in the last months, but I had a small project that took all of my attention.  :o

After releasing my project I definitely will try to fix any issues that arose during my absence.  :)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 11, 2021, 08:27:35 pm »

Got this bug, figure I may as well report it. I'm modding my game, is this due to something I messed up?

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.SitesAndPopulationsParser.ReadParentCiv()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.SitesAndPopulationsParser.Parse()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(BackgroundWorker worker, String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile, String xmlPlusFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.BackgroundWorkerOnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 12, 2021, 01:57:27 am »

Got this bug, figure I may as well report it. I'm modding my game, is this due to something I messed up?

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(BackgroundWorker worker, String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile, String xmlPlusFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.BackgroundWorkerOnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Can you provide me all your exported files?
Please zip them and upload them to DFFD, so I can take a look what happens.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 12, 2021, 06:16:18 am »

In my current world (made in 47.05), Legends Viewer (with Dfhack) is showing me a monastery that was founded by a merchant company and another founded by a bowers guild. Seemed strange so I checked out Legends Mode and they give the correct religions which actually founded them.

Issue seems to be that the goblin who built the monastery for his religion is also a member of the merchant guild that Legends Viewer thinks founded the site. Same for the dwarf who built the second monastery.

Want to check the file?

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2021, 12:32:15 pm »

In my current world (made in 47.05), Legends Viewer (with Dfhack) is showing me a monastery that was founded by a merchant company and another founded by a bowers guild. Seemed strange so I checked out Legends Mode and they give the correct religions which actually founded them.

Issue seems to be that the goblin who built the monastery for his religion is also a member of the merchant guild that Legends Viewer thinks founded the site. Same for the dwarf who built the second monastery.

Want to check the file?
Yes please, I'll try to look into it this weekend.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 13, 2021, 01:35:36 am »

Want to check the file?
Yes please, I'll try to look into it this weekend.
Here you go:
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15409

You'll find (according to Legends Viewer) monasteries, Lasthoisted founded by the Hall of Mists (a merchant company) and Treatyransacked founded by the Hall of Destiny (a bowers guild).
Whereas correctly Lasthoisted was constructed by the goblin Rosmic Manyflickered for the Denomination of Caverns, and Treatyransacked was founded by the Dwarf Bim Rainsilvers for the Luxurious Sect (both religions).

(Rosmic Manyflickered is however head of the Hall of Mists, and Bim Rainsilvers is Doyenne of the Hall of Destiny so it's likely easy to get the connections confused.)

(World has a bunch of raw tweaks, new civs, etc).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 05:08:48 am by Shonai_Dweller »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 14, 2021, 12:33:15 am »

Can you provide me all your exported files?
Please zip them and upload them to DFFD, so I can take a look what happens.

Sorry for the delay, here's the stuff.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15416
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 15, 2021, 04:35:16 am »

Here you go:

You'll find (according to Legends Viewer) monasteries, Lasthoisted founded by the Hall of Mists (a merchant company) and Treatyransacked founded by the Hall of Destiny (a bowers guild).
Whereas correctly Lasthoisted was constructed by the goblin Rosmic Manyflickered for the Denomination of Caverns, and Treatyransacked was founded by the Dwarf Bim Rainsilvers for the Luxurious Sect (both religions).

(Rosmic Manyflickered is however head of the Hall of Mists, and Bim Rainsilvers is Doyenne of the Hall of Destiny so it's likely easy to get the connections confused.)

Thanks, I think I managed to get it right:

On the site page

On the entity page

(the entity page now also displays the link to the event)

I found the issue and your world can now be loaded correctly:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will wait with a new version (that will contain these fixes) until DFHack has a stable release for 0.47.05 and I had the time to check if Legends Viewer works with it too.

DerSchlund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2021, 09:01:57 am »

Hi,

I often use Legends Viewer to understand what the World I've created is all about and its a great tool! So first of all, thank you :)

One thing that always confuses me is, when I see "SECRET_[Nr]" in the character description of someone. Here is an example:

Ugath

Is a deity that occurs in the myth of "The Fairy Crstal". Ugath is most often depicted es a male dwarf deity.
Caste: Male
Associated Spheres: death and blight
Interaction Knowledge: SECRET_1, SECRET_2, SECRET_4, SECRET_5 [...] SECRET_48 and SECRET_51

Can someone tell me what these SECRETs are?

Thanks for your help!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 17, 2021, 11:50:03 am »

Hi,

I often use Legends Viewer to understand what the World I've created is all about and its a great tool! So first of all, thank you :)

One thing that always confuses me is, when I see "SECRET_[Nr]" in the character description of someone. Here is an example:

Ugath

Is a deity that occurs in the myth of "The Fairy Crstal". Ugath is most often depicted es a male dwarf deity.
Caste: Male
Associated Spheres: death and blight
Interaction Knowledge: SECRET_1, SECRET_2, SECRET_4, SECRET_5 [...] SECRET_48 and SECRET_51

Can someone tell me what these SECRETs are?

Thanks for your help!

The question relates more to DF than to Legends Viewer itself, and so might have been better asked in the gameplay questions forum (where others who are interested but don't use this extremely useful tool may see it as well).

DF currently only has a single Secret, namely the Secret of Life and Death, so all of them are about that, although the framework would allow for other secrets in the future.

The number is simply the order in which world gen generated the secrets, and the deity in the quote apparently knew a lot of them.

What I'm not certain about is why there are different instances, but it could be that each slab bestowed upon a necro is tied to a secret and that slab "uses up" that secret (this is pure speculation on my part). Another speculation is that it might also be tied to which kind(s) of intelligent undead the secret allows you to raise. Apart from having different names, they can also have different magic powers, if I understand it correctly.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 18, 2021, 03:34:46 am »

The question relates more to DF than to Legends Viewer itself, and so might have been better asked in the gameplay questions forum (where others who are interested but don't use this extremely useful tool may see it as well).

DF currently only has a single Secret, namely the Secret of Life and Death, so all of them are about that, although the framework would allow for other secrets in the future.

The number is simply the order in which world gen generated the secrets, and the deity in the quote apparently knew a lot of them.

What I'm not certain about is why there are different instances, but it could be that each slab bestowed upon a necro is tied to a secret and that slab "uses up" that secret (this is pure speculation on my part). Another speculation is that it might also be tied to which kind(s) of intelligent undead the secret allows you to raise. Apart from having different names, they can also have different magic powers, if I understand it correctly.

Thanks for the explanation, I always wondered myself whats up with all the secrets.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 19, 2021, 12:07:57 am »

Here you go:

Thanks, I think I managed to get it right:

On the site page

On the entity page

(the entity page now also displays the link to the event)

I found the issue and your world can now be loaded correctly:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will wait with a new version (that will contain these fixes) until DFHack has a stable release for 0.47.05 and I had the time to check if Legends Viewer works with it too.

Cool. On another note, I ran into a different bug while testing my mod, I think. With this save, legendsviewer CTDs with no error report upon trying to load the map.
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15425

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 19, 2021, 07:07:17 pm »

Anyone else having issues with occasional name formatting in lists - Main Summary, for ex - wherein the thing shits itself on special characters on occasion, typo-style? (My current world has none of that, so far as I can tell. The last one in 47.04 that I recall, however...)

@Kromtec: IIRC, the requirement for any sort of investigation is, basically, current-version DFhack exportlegends info, unless my memory's gone utterly astray on the subject? (It now has a feature that I myself helped prod into inclusion - the placing of output into a similarly-named folder as the region file, to cut down on messy root folders.)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31