Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 222484 times)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.06c | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #420 on: February 22, 2021, 02:23:24 am »

Cool. On another note, I ran into a different bug while testing my mod, I think. With this save, legendsviewer CTDs with no error report upon trying to load the map.
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15425

Thanks, I fixed that too. This world had two entities named the "The Kindled League" and they where both set to be the parent entity of each other, what led to some kind of parent-child-loop. :-)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.06c | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #421 on: February 22, 2021, 06:27:03 pm »

Cool. On another note, I ran into a different bug while testing my mod, I think. With this save, legendsviewer CTDs with no error report upon trying to load the map.
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15425

Thanks, I fixed that too. This world had two entities named the "The Kindled League" and they where both set to be the parent entity of each other, what led to some kind of parent-child-loop. :-)

Huh, weird. I'm not sure if that was me or if it's a game bug, though it might be me. I'm experimenting with a mod where I'm aiming for a million+ NPCs per world to create huge armies (and huge battles), so I'm probably discovering all sorts of fun bugs as I push the game to its limits.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.07 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2021, 04:47:15 am »

New Release 1.20.07!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# Bugfixes

- fix for truncated filenames THX @alxwrd
- enumerate files to find default files THX @alxwrd
- simplify file lookup THX @alxwrd
- correctly link site ownership
- made reading and setting the parent of an entity more robust
- fixed a crash that happened when no art forms where generated and the section was empty THX @piperlolot

Here is a smaller bugfix release, sorry it took so long.

Rappers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 07, 2021, 08:58:03 am »

When I try to load the XML I get an error message saying that the process cannot access the legends_plus.xml because it is being used by another process, if I click continue and go past it then some information is missing, such as every artefact having an unknown type. Does anyone know why this could be?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 07, 2021, 12:25:51 pm »

Not beyond the obvious, i.e. some other process is actually using it. Is the export complete when you try to open the export?

I'd try to first ensure the export is finished, then close DF and try again, and then reboot the computer if it still doesn't work. I know that killing DF from the task manager has had the effect of locking the .dll file DFHack generates, preventing that file from being deleted (to be replaced by a freshly generated one).

It could also be anti virus SW of Windoze indexing locking the file. With a bit of luck a reboot should allow you to read the file before those marauders lock you out of it.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 26, 2021, 07:38:08 am »

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.WorldObjects.Entity.SetParent(Entity parent)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Events.SiteTakenOver..ctor(List`1 properties, World world)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.AddEvent(String type, List`1 properties)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.AddItemToWorld(List`1 properties)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.ParseSection()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.Parser.XmlParser.Parse()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(BackgroundWorker worker, String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile, String xmlPlusFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.BackgroundWorkerOnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15702 - The turn before that worked fine
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15715 - The turn it broke on

Been getting this error. In a community game. Trying to troubleshot it but its a big file.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 27, 2021, 03:27:46 pm »

There are some clues being discussed over in the museum game that the bug is caused by the conquest of a vault. (the save games are from this community game)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:30:32 pm by Bralbaard »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #427 on: November 01, 2021, 07:11:34 am »

New Release 1.20.08!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# Bugfixes + Performance

- fix for crash if a vault was conquered (parent of the vault entity was null)
- various performance tweaks

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15702 - The turn before that worked fine
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15715 - The turn it broke on

Been getting this error. In a community game. Trying to troubleshot it but its a big file.
"The Moist Closets" were the culprits of this bug, because they have no parents.  :D

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 01, 2021, 06:15:42 pm »

Thanks for the fix, much appreciated!

Promethium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2021, 11:03:08 pm »

Heyo! Just posted here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.5670 about this issue, but thought I'd put this here as well just in case.

Just thought I'd let the dev know, as well as people in general, the current release of this utility that is included in LazyNewbPack shows up as a critical detection on Virustotal, and describes certain behaviors of the program to be very similar to specific ransomware going around currently. Normally I'd write this off as a false positive, except I've never seen Virustotal show a critical threat on a false positive, along with a likelihood of false positive rating at an "unlikely".

Thought the dev would like to know as well, so they can check things on their side, or maybe modify the utility to not show this false positive.

Sorry for the bother, just a heads up, as this utility is one of my favorites!

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2022, 07:03:04 am »

As of April 15 2022 - version 1.20.08
I'm not sure this tool is maintained anymore, but there are multiple problems ...
1: "open in new tab" is greyed out for every in-link and not able to be used
2: "open in new window" opens a broken Internet Explorer window ... no way to change this ( and Internet Explorer is a major security risk for my system )

Have you experienced the joys of a dwarven tantrum chain yet ?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 15, 2022, 08:36:39 am »

I'm not sure this tool is maintained anymore, but there are multiple problems ...
2: "open in new window" opens a broken Internet Explorer window ... no way to change this ( and Internet Explorer is a major security risk for my system )

It’s Ctrl+Click to open a new tab.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 15, 2022, 10:32:44 am »

@Kromtec: Adding #3: unwanted lower case, spreading as though it were digital Covid - started w/histfig skill titles, but has also gotten into book titles (cross-checking against Legends Mode to verify, obv)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 12:55:25 pm by Silverwing235 »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 15, 2022, 01:17:53 pm »

That's due to the fact that there is a WebBrowser control embedded that sadly uses an IE under the hood and I do have very limited control over how the internal browser behaves.
The whole project is nearly 10 years old and I took over 2015. If I would start from scratch, Legends Viewer would be totally different, at least from a technology standpoint.  ;)

@Kromtec: Adding #3: unwanted lower case, spreading as though it were digital Covid - started w/histfig skill titles, but has also gotten into book titles (cross-checking against Legends Mode to verify, obv)
Thanks for reporting! I will look into it when I find time to make another release.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 17, 2022, 04:46:25 pm »

That's due to the fact that there is a WebBrowser control embedded that sadly uses an IE under the hood and I do have very limited control over how the internal browser behaves.
The whole project is nearly 10 years old and I took over 2015. If I would start from scratch, Legends Viewer would be totally different, at least from a technology standpoint.  ;)

You are aware that this is v. probably also a symptom of IE being generally booted into the Great Redmond Recycle Bin, right?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31