Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Strongest base playable animal character?  (Read 31053 times)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: Strongest base playable animal character?
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2015, 10:54:19 pm »

Don't forget: spider people can't swim. That's a huge detriment to exploration.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:55:58 pm by ShinQuickMan »

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2015, 11:06:15 pm »

Couldn't they just jump across rivers?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2015, 12:44:36 am »

Sometimes there's nowhere QUITE thin enough to jump all the way across and you just have to flounder one or two tiles upways. Granted, that could be fatal if the temparature immediately drops or you get REALLY unlucky with your flailing.

You can still climb, though. Usually there's a tree somewhere along the length of a river. Its not usually that much of a problem, honestly.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2015, 12:52:19 am »

They might get stuck behind a real river though. I don't just mean those streams or Brooks that are normally called rivers, I mean real rivers. The kind of river that takes up more than a whole screen. They have no hope of crossing one of those if they came across it. They are quite rare though, so I wouldn't consider it too big of a deal.

Also I've heard some more and it seems like elephant men probably don't have grasp trunks? I can't really check right now, it'd be nice if someone could do so.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2015, 04:07:34 am »

Some arena tests. Elephant person can throw a goblin this far:

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2015, 04:35:00 am »

well checking the raws it seems like jumping spiders don't need sleep also lacking the gait to swim makes it impossible for you to say do the action.
welllp.

edit: wait SPIDERS CANT SWIM.
this goes for the giant cave spider as well.
you could just flood them if you have water and a minecart or uhh jump into a pool of water and avoid dying.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:22:00 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2015, 10:28:54 am »

Another question to keep in mind is the ability to jump, since it's really helpful both in and out of combat.
I'm not sure about giant Tortoise men, but on a recent desert tortoise man I was unable to.
Elephant Seal men can't jump either, I know this from expeience.
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2015, 01:12:24 pm »

Rhinoceros men are quite powerful with their two tusks to gore and great size.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2015, 01:18:02 pm »

What rhino has 2 tusks?

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2015, 03:46:21 pm »

Besides misspelling a sentence you never touched the concept of following generic tropes and what meaning that has at all in fiction (ie, no meaning to a unique fictional setting), and analysis of the "gameplay elements" would have a tremendous list of things before Zambys (ie UI and the plethora of bugs).

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2015, 07:34:54 pm »

who the fuck cares about things that weren't mentioned because they were irrelevant to the topic (ZOMBIES ARE OP) and misspellings somewhere in a gargantuan rant

people who want an excuse to dismiss a point, that's who

oh_no

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2015, 11:00:22 pm »

They might get stuck behind a real river though. I don't just mean those streams or Brooks that are normally called rivers, I mean real rivers. The kind of river that takes up more than a whole screen. They have no hope of crossing one of those if they came across it. They are quite rare though, so I wouldn't consider it too big of a deal.
Not just rivers. There's oceans and cavern lakes, too. Best case scenario, you can go a long way around, or, for the former, wait until the ocean freezes and run like hell. Worst case, you either have to go back or are basically stuck with no way out. Either way, it's either a PITA or game over. Of course, the ocean problem is no big deal in region worlds.

Also I've heard some more and it seems like elephant men probably don't have grasp trunks? I can't really check right now, it'd be nice if someone could do so.
Just checked. Nope.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2015, 01:22:59 am »

Not just rivers. There's oceans and cavern lakes, too. Best case scenario, you can go a long way around, or, for the former, wait until the ocean freezes and run like hell. Worst case, you either have to go back or are basically stuck with no way out. Either way, it's either a PITA or game over. Of course, the ocean problem is no big deal in region worlds.

Just checked. Nope.
that's a not even worst case scenario as frozen oceans are alot more deadlier than say a normal one, I mean a frozen ocean has a chance of just straight up incasing you in ice if you go far to deep into one.
said spider person could just become a vampire and avoid needing to breathe.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nibblewerfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2015, 01:40:30 am »

They are not necessarily strong, but if I remember correctly Impala and Ibex men can wear dwarf armor which definitely helps + they have horns but I have not tested to see if they can wear helmets.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2015, 04:09:25 am »

What rhino has 2 tusks?

I meant horns.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8