Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Strongest base playable animal character?  (Read 31027 times)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Strongest base playable animal character?
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2016, 01:47:26 am »

Are their any that can shoot webs? I've checked and I see no reason why they wouldn't, but I don't know of any that do.

No, there aren't sadly. Only giant cave spiders and randomly generated creatures do that.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2016, 02:48:17 am »

Are their any that can shoot webs? I've checked and I see no reason why they wouldn't, but I don't know of any that do.

No, there aren't sadly. Only giant cave spiders and randomly generated creatures do that.
no but you can pick up and throw webs as the spider folk.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »

No.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2016, 07:24:04 pm »

No.

yeah this gif comes from a modded save but you can totally pick up and throw the webbing in vanilla.
"body swapping and YOU!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2016, 07:30:33 pm »

I meant that to webbing animal men in vanilla.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2016, 12:30:58 pm »

I gotta say, saltwater crocodile men are fun characters.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2016, 01:13:58 pm »

so if you're planning to move an elephantman adventurer into a fort beware they must be grazers or something because they seem to starve in areas with no grass in fort mode
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »

so if you're planning to move an elephantman adventurer into a fort beware they must be grazers or something because they seem to starve in areas with no grass in fort mode
I think (vaguely recall) they're vegetarian. So that might be hurting them if all you have to eat is fine mole dog roasts (and your grassy areas might be growing something edible for them).

I had a fortress with an elephant man ex-adventurer tavern keeper and he seemed to do OK hanging out in the non-grassy tavern all day. Was dying of thirst on unretire, but was fine once he'd grabbed a drink.

Somebodyelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2016, 04:26:46 am »

I played as a rattlesnake man once, and I can tell you, it wasn't that great. Your bite is often deflected by mere clothing and even if you land a bite, it takes so many injections to kill something.

I made a cat sick in a few bites, but I bit a horse a two dozen times and it was still fine. You'll barely give yourself an edge in battle because the poison takes too long to do anything significant.

Rattlesnake vemon isn't all the powerful in the short term. Try a black mamba man next time. Their venom can cause unconsciousness and complete paralysis. Last time I tried one I remember knocking an elephant out in a couple of bites.

Colev0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2016, 02:29:06 pm »

Sort of off-topic: has anyone noticed anything strange about animal people in fort mode? They seem to move super slowly on my end, but I'm beginning to think that I've got a special case on my hands.

TheNosferatu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2016, 02:32:27 pm »

Since the spider people seem to be popular due to the many limbs and useful traits, wouldn't a flying insect man be also good? Flying, multiple limbs, some probably have a natural weapon. A mosquito man using just shields, using the mouth to attack and drain blood might be a lethal adventurer. Though, unlikely to find one that can wear armor, I guess.

Also, I can vouch for Rhino men being very strong. Probably not the strongest but the horns are lethal and a punch sends regular enemies flying, squashing limbs etc.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2016, 05:40:40 pm »

Since the spider people seem to be popular due to the many limbs and useful traits, wouldn't a flying insect man be also good? Flying, multiple limbs, some probably have a natural weapon. A mosquito man using just shields, using the mouth to attack and drain blood might be a lethal adventurer. Though, unlikely to find one that can wear armor, I guess.

The way mosquito men drain blood is the same way vampires do it, which means you can only use it against unconscious people, but why would you do that if you can just headshot them since they're unconscious ? So not very useful battle wise, it can replace water/food tho as it fills back up both the hunger and thirst levels.

Also using just shields is good for blocking but even with very high misc object user skill they deal next to no damage because they weight practically nothing and the damage of misc objects seems to be based mostly on their weight.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2016, 07:49:34 pm »

The way mosquito men drain blood is the same way vampires do it, which means you can only use it against unconscious people, but why would you do that if you can just headshot them since they're unconscious ? So not very useful battle wise, it can replace water/food tho as it fills back up both the hunger and thirst levels.

Also using just shields is good for blocking but even with very high misc object user skill they deal next to no damage because they weight practically nothing and the damage of misc objects seems to be based mostly on their weight.
do note only Mosquito women has bloodsucker the males don't which is kinda a funny way to learn this.
you can probably gain vampirism through finding a vampire and draining them.
"body swapping and YOU!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2016, 09:12:54 pm »

The way mosquito men drain blood is the same way vampires do it
No it isn't. Mosquito women drain blood when they bite someone and break the skin. They have [SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:25:50] on their bite. Vampires have [BLOODSUCKER].

you can probably gain vampirism through finding a vampire and draining them.
This works.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2016, 09:00:19 pm »

Sort of off-topic: has anyone noticed anything strange about animal people in fort mode? They seem to move super slowly on my end, but I'm beginning to think that I've got a special case on my hands.
A bit of a Necro, but just to answer this question.

Animal men have the [MEANDERER] tag. It makes them wander about aimlessly when they have no job. When they get a job they have to fight the meandering instinct, so they end up dawdling over to their job site very slowly, often taking steps in the wrong direction along the way.

I tried making a Tiger man civ once and I had to remove the tag because nothing was getting done in Fort Mode.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8