Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why are titles changing?  (Read 3928 times)

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
Why are titles changing?
« on: December 17, 2015, 12:29:19 pm »

Can someone tell me why are titles of my adventurers changing without my help?
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Why are titles changing?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 12:37:50 pm »

When you do stuff and people recognize you for it, like slaying bandits or a dragon or whatever, you are sired with a title.

Or do you mean like you have a title and then it changes?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 01:24:41 pm »

When you do stuff and people recognize you for it, like slaying bandits or a dragon or whatever, you are sired with a title.

Ahh... now I see, my character has killed a lot of peasants and lords and his title changed to "thruthful chills"

Kumil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 10:46:22 am »

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 11:54:06 am »

Ahh... now I see, my character has killed a lot of peasants and lords and his title changed to "thruthful chills"

Nice. At least your title makes sense, mine is "The Guardian of Gills." No, I haven't saved fish people, merms, or anything like that. I just killed a lot of Forgotten Beasts.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 12:25:59 pm »

Nice. At least your title makes sense, mine is "The Guardian of Gills." No, I haven't saved fish people, merms, or anything like that. I just killed a lot of Forgotten Beasts.
Plot twirl: those Forgotten Beasts have been killing mermen and fish people for generations now, keeping them terrorised. You have liberated countless aquatic races with your killings.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 05:01:18 pm »

Plot twirl: those Forgotten Beasts have been killing mermen and fish people for generations now, keeping them terrorised. You have liberated countless aquatic races with your killings.

Dang, M. Night Shyamalan couldn't have made a bigger twist. It's a shame this was in the version prior to Libraries and stuff. I could have retired ol' Bembul Whiptamed, "The Guardian of Gills," in this fort, and he could write about his adventures. Or just kill stuff when needed.
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 08:34:40 am »

I once rolled the name "Iron Axemurder" for my dwarf, who later gained the title "The Despair of Suicide". Quite fitting, after he became a necrovampire.
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 12:17:45 pm »

My jumpy vampire is known as The Noble Flier of Biting. It's like they know.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 12:37:49 am »

Those are some pretty awesome titles.