Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ucatakam: Beerfortune. A community fort for the inebriated.  (Read 814 times)

Havarous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ucatakam: Beerfortune. A community fort for the inebriated.
« on: December 17, 2015, 04:00:59 pm »

I am drunk, frequently.
I play dorftress, frequently.

And yet it is only today, after being inspired by the wondrous Drunk Fortress in the Hall of Legends, that I consider the notion of combining these two hobbies.

This just after making a Bay12 account; just after graduating from my lurker self into something greater, something more noble, something halfway through a bottle of gin.

I will begin fairly shortly.

There are rules, for this, for me mostly, not for others. I will drink every time I see a dwarf drink, I will drink after something neutral/hostile dies, I will down my drink when a friendly dies. There are other rules that I made up but I forget.

People will be Dorfed if they wish. Probably erratically, probably not as the dorfs they wish to be dorfed as.

At some point I may succession this and pass the file to another, I cannot promise anything. I may well not, I may become confused and disoriented and mistakenly load another save.

Frankly, I may delete the file by mistake or accidentally wee myself. I'm pretty far gone.

The parameters. Lots of minerals, because CASUL, short history, because I got a D in that shit, and lots of beasts, because !!FUN!!

Dwarves, elves, goblins, humans, tower. A'aight

God damn it. Nothing.

Well here goes.

Camulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ucatakam: Beerfortune. A community fort for the inebriated.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 04:14:11 pm »

: D I like yer rules.

[There exists a thread of semi-functional alcoholics if ye want to drink there in the future times]
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116045.0

Havarous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 04:23:56 pm »

Kind of you to say, thanks for letting me know  :)

Havarous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 04:33:59 pm »

On reflection, I shall join Drunk Fortress. I had not realised it was still current, having only read the first few chapters. Perhaps there my gin-fueled narcissistic ramblings shall find a home!

Oh and if anyone knows how to "retire" a thread or whatever, do let me know.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 06:23:22 pm »

I will drink every time I see a dwarf drink.

RIP Havarous' liver.

Ps. Lock thread option is at the top right.