Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone actually had a Citizenship petition?  (Read 18914 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Has anyone actually had a Citizenship petition?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 10:35:57 pm »

It's only supposed to take a few years if they are happy, so something seems to be going on.  Of course, it tested out fine, as usual, but that's never stopped it from being totally broken.  A bug report on the tracker coupled with a dffd save with some stale happy non-citizen-petitioning long-term residents will probably allow me to patch this up quickly.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Tanaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 12:09:35 am »

Perhaps it's a population cap issue? Maybe folks are already capped out?

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 01:00:17 am »

Maybe something with the happiness trigger isn't working as intended. Many factors at play here. I think anyway. Seems appropriately arcane.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 10:35:44 am »

What would happen if a long-term resident went through a strange mood?

If the result of that mood changed my resident Bard's occupation to some kind of craft, would he be able to apply for citizenship?

Because that just happened now. One of my resident bards experienced a fey mood.

Status report: The occupation of the resident doesn't change even after becoming a Legendary Woodcrafter.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 02:44:14 pm »

Just as I was putting together a bug report, I found that Martinuzz has beaten me to it.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9389

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 03:57:12 pm »

Hmm. Oh yea, sorry, I should have posted here that I did, to save you the trouble.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 04:57:05 pm »

Hmm. Oh yea, sorry, I should have posted here that I did, to save you the trouble.
Annnnd the bug report's been marked as fixed.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2015, 10:29:39 pm »

I got one from a human crossbowman who wanted to be a mercenary, so naturally I drafted them into the military.
Interestingly, non-dwarfs cannot lead squads.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 10:33:22 pm »

Yeah, that was known. And that's only residence, not citizenship. I'm thinking Citizenship means the same level of control as the dwarves you lead, but no one's confirmed it.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 05:38:04 am »

I got one from a human crossbowman who wanted to be a mercenary, so naturally I drafted them into the military.
Interestingly, non-dwarfs cannot lead squads.
Two years after they came to Inkedborn (where they soon asked for long-term residency), two human bards asked now for citizenship. One is great weaver, one is great tanner, both of them are decent spearmen. I also managed to set one of them as a captain of squad. I have access to creating new squads from only long-term residents but I seem to be able neither to set them as captains nor assign them to any squad (I tried both from their unit screen and from military one).

EDIT: Even long-term-residing visitors can be assigned into squads, but they have to be "mercenary" and they can't be military captains. Any citizened visitors (even bards) can be put into squads, even as squad leaders.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:51:37 am by Detros »
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 01:52:30 pm »

I have over a dozen full citizen petitions now.
I noticed that, while you can assign all labors, make them military captains, and put them in the army just fine,

you cannot assign them to any location (library / temple / tavern). I already submitted a bug report on that.

The good news: full citizen petitioned scholars will still go to the library and discuss / ponder / write, despite them not being assigned there. Looks like they remember their job there from back when they where just permanent residents. I suspect the same goes for tavern performers, but that's harder to confirm, since anyone can perform there.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 01:56:49 pm »

I have over a dozen full citizen petitions now.
I noticed that, while you can assign all labors, make them military captains, and put them in the army just fine,

you cannot assign them to any location (library / temple / tavern). I already submitted a bug report on that.

The good news: full citizen petitioned scholars will still go to the library and discuss / ponder / write, despite them not being assigned there. Looks like they remember their job there from back when they where just permanent residents. I suspect the same goes for tavern performers, but that's harder to confirm, since anyone can perform there.
Yes, I wrote to 9444: Full citizen petition not full, can't assign to locations too. I think they can't be assigned as performers elsewhere is because they are still listed as performers in the core location named after your fort.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 02:04:32 pm »

I actually got a citizenship petition after my fort hit 200 population.  I got a few, actually.  My fort got up to 203 people in total.  I believe there were 2 elven poets (from a traveling troupe of performers), and about 7 humans. All became CITIZENS.  They would stop performing in the tavern, and immediately run off to pick up some wood outside, or start fishing (whatever their default labors were).  However, you still can't assign them as performers, scholars, militia captains, burrows, or noble positions.  I didn't get one to experience a strange mood, but in a 203 strong fort I wasn't going to get any one specific guy to mood anyway.  Most of them got drafted into the military.  I didn't need more haulers and couldn't use them as bards outside the horribly saturated main tavern.

I can't remember if long-term residency petitions stopped at this time, but births did.  However, I would still occasionally get citizenship offers over 200.  I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but probably is a bug.  We don't get births and migrants over 200 outside of the monarch's retinue afterall.  Oh, and I definitely didn't have a monarch.  This was a 42.04 game with the exported wealth bug. 

As for the fort, it was about 6 years old and I think the first citizenship petition happened around the third or fourth year.  It was definitely a long-term thing.  I actually didn't get much in the way of visitors.  I never had much more than 10 visitors at a time in my tavern, and I might have gotten 2-3 scholars totals in those 5-6 years.  The dining hall was engraved and somewhat large (10x20?), and I had begun engraving the rest of my fort too.  I noticed that different people would have different reasons for showing up.  Like Human McScholar was "curious about my library."  Or this one human dancer (who later inherited a noble title in my tavern, but wouldn't leave for YEARS) heard "this was the place to entertain people."  Some of them showed up to worship at various temples- I had made an (engraved) temple to every deity on the list, so about 23 in total.  I churned out instruments (had one made only of bone, and another of bone, wood, and silk that I could mass-produce without fuel/metal), but no one played with them in the temples that I saw ; /

strawberry-wine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 03:26:54 pm »

Science question: will human visitors who have become full time citizens marry and reproduce like your regular citizens? Do the visitor-citizens have to be dwarves too?
Pages: 1 [2]