Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 48344 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

A most humble suggestion:
Implement the Story Mode.  Hoburgs are famous for getting caught up in stories, so it makes sense thematically.
I thought they were famous for sucking and dying?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

A most humble suggestion:
Implement the Story Mode.  Hoburgs are famous for getting caught up in stories, so it makes sense thematically.
I thought they were famous for sucking and dying?
that too

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Story Mode means that demons can rise from the earth to slay us all, right? I second the notion.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know where everyone else is, but I've finished designing my pretender.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same here. Pretender is basically designed, so I'm good to go.
About that, opinion on maps (Sharivar!) & thrones ?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will rule supreme without worrying about such petty things!

AKA I don't care.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

I haven't decided how big a bless I want, personally. Do I go with a plain N9 bless? Tank my scales for E9N9? Pick something in between, or maybe even something completely different?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I haven't decided how big a bless I want, personally. Do I go with a plain N9 bless? Tank my scales for E9N9? Pick something in between, or maybe even something completely different?
Obviously you should go S9B9 :P

Also, pretender designed now.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 07:02:25 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tank your scales for a large bless.  You either win by turn 20 or surrender to the inevitable.  Late game is for losers anyways.   :P

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All right. So. Executive decision? Shahrivar. 11/20 thrones (which is worse for H1/H2 nations, yes, especially since the pond for bishopfish spawning is all in one place). Story mode? Uh, sure. The people who suggested it will rue the day, but so will the rest of us.

Game will be up by tonight. Probably sooner.

Tank your scales for a large bless.  You either win by turn 20 or surrender to the inevitable.  Late game is for losers anyways.   :P

Quadbless hoburgs are best hoburgs. I suggest an imprisoned W9E9D9N9 demilich with 6 candles.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All right. So. Executive decision? Shahrivar. 11/20 thrones (which is worse for H1/H2 nations, yes, especially since the pond for bishopfish spawning is all in one place). Story mode? Uh, sure. The people who suggested it will rue the day, but so will the rest of us.

I wish I knew what that meant, what with having a H1 nation and all.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need an H3 or pretender to claim thrones, so... if your nation can't recruit H3s, that means you can either traipse around the map with pretender and prophet claiming thrones (assuming your pretender can traipse), you can use artifacts to boost H2s (or H1s if you're REALLY ambitious) up to H3, or you can summon H3s. Since we're stuck with little beyond generic summons, that means (short of wishing), you can either summon Bishop Fish (which requires you taking a dip) or construct Juggernauts and Divine Name them (which frankly is very little short of wishing). Hence, even if the thrones-to-win ratio is constant, more thrones will be significantly harder to blitz, but will also generally favor nations with recruitable H3s.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Maybe keep the throne ratio as it is, but make them all level 3 (or 2, if there's not enough lvl 3s). This will make it pretty much impossible to blitz, due to better garrisons, and jibe well with the general 'oh-my-god-who-ever-thought-this-was-a-good-idea' theme.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, they're better as lvl1 : it means we won't have as many "recruit a uber mage" thrones.
Throne provinces are meant to be conquered (and fortified), after all :)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There can only be 15 non-lvl-1 thrones, and I'd agree with IWIWS that the blitzing avoidance would be more concerned with grabbing them from players rather than from indies. Although if we set indie province strength to 9 and maxed level 2 + 3 we'd certainly all be thinking it was a bad idea - provinces with 100 Watchers or Spring Hawks do tend to inspire those emotions... :p

[Edit: game up - Bay12GamesRound419]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:25:56 pm by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25