Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 48264 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

*Walks into thread. Is immediately press-ganged*
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So in the interest of creating a glorious world where hoburgs alone have the wherewithal to grasp the reins of destiny, I'm going to propose the following additional changes to the hoburg.txt file.

Code: [Select]
#secondaryracetroopmod -0.4
#secondaryracesacredmod -0.9
#secondaryracemagemod -0.9

This will limit secondary race troops to a (rough) maximum of 10% of a nation's roster, and typically means there will be 0 (usually) to 1 (occasionally) "big people" per nation (cavemen being a pointed exception because there's a theme that adds them directly).

This will further set the chance of a secondary race sacred to 0.005 - half of a percent. It could happen, but it's pretty unlikely.

This will lastly set the chance of a secondary race primary/secondary mage to 0.005 - half of a percent. It could happen, but it's pretty unlikely. Tall mages can still happen, but it'll almost certainly be in the "wild card" tertiary mage slot (you know, the weird Tier-2 ones whose paths don't match up with everyone else), and w/o modification is a measly 0.05 as-is.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds hilarious, I'm in.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do the changes. Maximize the short.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Oh why do you tempt me so, evil E. Albright

Still...Since I don't like hoburgs, that means I don't have to care about how a game with them evolves, and can put the bare minimum effort (if that) into my turns.

(Resigns to inevitable)

Do the hoburgs have it in their heart to accept a hoburg racist into their fold, with the vain hope of rehabilitation?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmph. There's no place for the likes of you amongst the forthright folks of Hoburg.

(However, by contrast, Hobmark has absolutely no standards, so of course you're still welcome.)

That puts us at nine. Do we wanna keep recruitment open for another day or go with this?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm in.

Indeed, I do this.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

*Raises hand?*

Seriously, this sounds fun, if you have an extra slot count me in!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Ill join
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like how the hoburg game is turning out to be the most popular of them all.

INB4 40 players

Indeed, I do this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Hmph. There's no place for the likes of you amongst the forthright folks of Hoburg.

(However, by contrast, Hobmark has absolutely no standards, so of course you're still welcome.)

That puts us at nine. Do we wanna keep recruitment open for another day or go with this?

In the event that the player count gets too high, I'd be willing to accept a downgrade to "First Replacement Player".

-Start Evil Rant-
...But that would prevent me from completely and utterly circumventing the flavor of Hobmark with an Overcharged Supercombatant and strong Magic scales, trashing my poor hoburg nation in all other ways.
"You want a land of milk and honey?  Too bad, guess you shouldn't have been born a Hoburg!"
And blood.  Lots and lots of blood.  And if my nation doesn't start with blood?  Then the poor Hoburg commanders will find me some.  Their patrols will kill enough folks so they can be reanimated as Far Superior Soulless Humans.

...you didn't fix it so they'd come back from the dead as Hoburgs, did you?  DID YOU?!
-End Evil Rant-

(I think you now have to accept me: Every fantasy world needs a villain!)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be up for this, if there's still room.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...closing recruitment at 12. I'll seed us up EA/MA/LA nationsets with our hashed seeds, and you lot can squabble over which looks best (though again, it'll get manually set to EA to reduce the creativity of tall folk). In the mean time, start thinking about maps - I dictated suggested the map for, I dunno, like the last three games I played here, so I'm standing down this round.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GLORY OF THE GODS HOBURGS :P

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The candidate seed list, in a very particular order, but I'm not tellin':

1859286,8375880,55983460,144416986,149946866,158460025,201158716,243800872,269693071,324897552,413937592,415634585

You can generate the nations yourself if you make the changes discussed above to hoburg.txt. Or you can download them here. Or you can look at the advanced descriptions or raws:

EA: desc / raw
MA: desc / raw
LA: desc / raw

I'll probably post the preview images later today, but feel free to start bickering over which nationset we should use right now.

(This is also a perfectly acceptable moment to argue that the settings were too inclusive, and we should make them more restrictive to exclude head-in-the-clouds interlopers.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:15:55 pm by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25