Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 48394 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

I probably like LA lot the most, although there is that one major issue with Sorzig - their iron giant power armour suits have 0 encumberance, whereas all the other nation's iron giants get 10 on top of exhaustion. This makes them clearly overpowered, as each such giant commander is a thug, if not SC chassis, and can roll over pretty much everything other nations can field (just 1 encumberance per turn!), even without any bless or much in terms of extra gear.

MA has the horrible eyesores of Vans and (gasp!) Fomorians.

EA is fine, but a little boring.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Random thoughts on MA (click to show/hide)

Didn't see anything (just browsing through the text, mind you) that stood out to me in LA.

Overall, I'd say that EA has the most interesting nations, while LA has the most boring.

I'll give my vote to play with EA, with the hope that I get Kamburg or Portburg, as I feel like those could both become monsters.

edit: Ah, a mage who IS a caveman could be quite a bit more useful than a mage Hoburg riding one.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:27:18 pm by AlStar »

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frog tamer may be able to enter their home site to summon frogs ?
I think there are some wolf tamers somewhere (in vanialla) with an ability like that.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I probably like LA lot the most, although there is that one major issue with Sorzig - their iron giant power armour suits have 0 encumberance, whereas all the other nation's iron giants get 10 on top of exhaustion.

Well, yes and no. They do have 0 enc (and -1 reinvig), but the difference between them and other clockworks shouldn't be that dramatic. It totally is, but it shouldn't be. Which is to say, those 10 encs are bugs; they're supposed to be 1 (and I'd correct them to 1 if we had them). And you do exaggerate their efficiency - I sent one solo and unblessed every turn against a non-mage light/heavy/crossbow (maybe 80 troops at the start) throne province for 11 turns before one managed to survive and beat it. They didn't do much better against indies w/o x-bows. Regen and an extra 8 hp would help a lot, but even so they're pretty fragile, only have hand and misc slots, and are 90g/72r (or 185g/72r on the commanders) for a cap-only 19-hp unit. They may well be OP though - their testing has been incomplete. It might be better to give the big clockworks the same enc/reinvig stats as the medium ones (2/-1), so internal combustion engines would only take them down to 1/-1, and they'd e.g. still suffer fatigue from berserking.

AlStar - Lumbuburg has the "caveman allies" theme, so they have some (well, okay - that one) cavemen units in their primary race. Said Apprentice is a caveman mage, not a hoburg mage riding a caveman.

IWIWS: Frog tamers have a Summon Ally command like LA Ulm's wolfherds.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:49:44 pm by E. Albright »

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they're pretty fragile, only have hand and misc slots, and are 90g/72r (or 185g/72r on the commanders) for a cap-only 19-hp unit.
I think their main flaw is the 72 resources, as you could get a whole hoburg army with that much, and you still need a priest to lead them "correctly" ;)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Does anyone the pictures of em?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: EA (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MA (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: LA (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

(This is also a perfectly acceptable moment to argue that the settings were too inclusive, and we should make them more restrictive to exclude head-in-the-clouds interlopers.)

For the record, if I get anything that isn't hoburg, I'm using it almost exclusively.  I'll probably reveal what era mod allows me to act the most un-hoburgly later.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Your heretic ways will be smothered under pestilentious masses of crawling hoburg meat, for our name is Legion.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...well, they'll be smothered right after brunch, anyway.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not have them as brunch?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shhhhh! Not in front of the outsiders!

[Oh, and there's a poll. If we reach a clear consensus or reasonable facsimile thereof via nattering on at each other, we can ignore it though.]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:26:13 am by E. Albright »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

"Cumburgian Herbalist" *snicker*

So am I the only one who noticed Ocolhorst got ABSOLUTELY SCREWED by EVERY SINGLE ONE of its units being cowardly?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PrimusRibbus's excited noises interpreted as a request to join (plus, well, they were the one who was foul enough to suggest this, even though I was just waiting for an excuse - I nearly proposed this for 4.18)

Hah yes, I suppose I should have been more direct. Hoburgera is the type of vile game mode that I must participate in on principle.

"Cumburgian Herbalist" *snicker*

So am I the only one who noticed Ocolhorst got ABSOLUTELY SCREWED by EVERY SINGLE ONE of its units being cowardly?

All Most of EA Nordorf's units are cowardly too.

Going to vote MA. I don't like having two cowardly nations in EA, and LA doesn't have quite the amount of interesting NationGen flavor that MA has imo.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:23:30 am by PrimusRibbus »
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LA raws are not available on pastebin anymore, apparently.
But, anyway, EA nations seem cool.
I'll submit my vote in a few hours/when I can check the last raw ;)

PS: what does the "cowardly" trait do, effectievly ?
Less morale/attack, or something else/more ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25