Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 48358 times)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LA raws are not available on pastebin anymore, apparently.
But, anyway, EA nations seem cool.
I'll submit my vote in a few hours/when I can check the last raw ;)

PS: what does the "cowardly" trait do, effectievly ?
Less morale/attack, or something else/more ?

From the other NationGen games I've played, cowardly appears to generate a unit with less morale than their race/build would normally get. I.E. elite troops with 8 morale.

That being said, after looking through the raws more it seems that Hoburgs get 8 or 9 morale across the board, cowardly or not. So perhaps cowardly might not be that big a deal in this particular game.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Base hoburg morale is 9.

Cowardly is -1 mor/+1 def.

Primitive and agrarian hoburgs get that same -1 mor/+1 def by default, among other things. Advanced and industrial do not.

Imperial hoburgs get +1 mor.

Hoburgbred get +2 mor, among other things.

As a narrow rule, except for cowardly and imperial, there will be a gcost change going in the same direction as the mor change. Special pose types (gladiators, clockworks) will also have increased morale, as will elites, sacreds, and units with various positive filters. Some others (e.g., militias) will have worse.

Generally, the lower-tech hoburgs have fewer hp, higher def, worse morale, better mobility, more magic, and access to stealth, while the higher-tech ones have normal magic, higher hp, morale, gcost, and better equipment, most notably clockwork troops. There are a few other quirks as well; e.g., fae hoburgs are only primitive or agrarian (so thankfully we'll never be seeing lumbering Glamoured faerie mecha).

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Hoburgbred get +2 mor, among other things.
A what now?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hoburgbred Abysians! C'mon, keep up!

Quote from: Description
Hoburgbred Abysians are the result of ill-conceived crossbreeding experiments aiming to combine the best traits of the two races. They are fire resistant, stronger, and more arrogant than typical hoburgs.

Tragically, we don't have any in the current nation-sets.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:39:23 pm by E. Albright »

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just voted for EA : there are now 2 votes for each era ... -_-

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll break a tie, but otherwise I'm not voting.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Voted for MA, since on first appearence it will maximize Hoburgs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Cowardly...yes...reveal your true Hoburg nature to me...I KNEW ALL ALONG

EJ's guide to subverting Hoburgs in the Early Era (totally not an effort to undermine voting for the Early Era, even though 3 nations are basically non-hoburg from Day One):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ironically, the traditional Hoburg magic of Nature is the very means of subverting their military forces: If they have nature, they can summon Animals in one way or other to replace Hoburgs as troopers.  How much that actually subverts the use of Hoburgs is up for interpretation.

EJ's Guide to Subverting MA Hoburgs (Totally not needed, as there is enough Clockworks to stop calling it a Hoburg Mod and start calling it a Clockwork mod.  Oh, and 2 nations aren't even Hoburg with its living troops and commanders)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How much that actually subverts the use of Hoburgs is up for interpretation.

...so the Hoburgs stay home and avoid the rigors and austerity of campaigning - never so much as missing a snack or meal while still profiting from arranging for others to fight and dying in their place? Sounds pretty damned Hoburgy to me...

Korrelhorst - They have realized their intrinsic Hoburg suckiness and created Woodland Falchioneers, HUMAN Constructs.

[...]

Omark - More Human Clockworks, and a larger Clockwork straight from the Mechwarrior Franchise.  Please tell me he's not piloted by a Hoburg...

[...]

Simbaburg - Machaka Sacreds, Nature/Death/Blood, emphasis on Nature

Oh, my sweet summer child. Did you actually look at the sprites for these? The "Human clockworks" are most emphatically piloted by Hoburgs - you can see their little feet protruding around waist level from the armored chest-cage - and are meant to allow the Little People to crush Size-2 peoples (and lesser Size-1 peoples) under their hairy, metal-clad foot. And yes, even though now all Size-3 clockworks feature sealed helms, the early versions most certainly had a hoburg pilot's head comically sticking out amidst the gigantic armor. And last but certainly not least... "Machakan sacreds"? Oh, poor, sweet EucreJack, those "colossi" are simply Hoburgs grown to disturbingly large proportion, with delusions of grandeur and appetites and bellies to match. The images for them are quite literally a hoburg scaled up to Size-2...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:30:06 am by E. Albright »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that might bias the above a bit.  I may need to see if those humanoid clockworks realms have blood, death, or nature magic to subvert their hoburginess with summons.  Or enough elemental magic to summon enough quantity of other stuff.

Below is the Late Age summary, not taking into account Clockwork and Big Hoburg shenanigans.  Probably the worst era of the three due to its rampant Hoburg infestations.  We should totally not play the Late Era under any circumstances:

Revised Middle Age summary, omitting Clockworks, which I still think are too prevalent in that era regardless especially because of who is piloting them.  Come out and fight to my face, cowardly Hoburg!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EA: 2
MA: 3
LA: 4

All three eras are still in the running, with two votes (plus a tiebreaker if needed) outstanding...

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Picked LA, because I came for Hoburgs, and LA seemed to have the least number of non-hoburgs in it. I didn't look too hard though...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that means EA is out of the running, but MA is still possible.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that means EA is out of the running, but MA Clockwork Age is still possible.

Fixed that for you.   :P

Oh, you misspelled my name on the opening list.  It is spelled EuchreJack.  No wonder my name is misspelled in all the PMs (other game, haven't gotten any on this one yet).

Why yes, I am looking forward to fighting my teammates from Dom 4.18!  As I am sure they are looking forward to me as foe as well.  After weeks of getting along, we may not even try diplomacy.  We all know my motto by now: Let the Hoburgs Suffer.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well. That's embarrassing. That means your nation seed has been incorrectly generated these past two games. I can regenerate it with the correct spelling, but since we're almost done with voting I'd really rather not since in fairness that would mean we'd need to re-do voting. I'll leave the call up to you, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25