Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 48049 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

If only there were hoburg longdead and soulless...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

If only every single sprite had a hoburg variant...
INB4 hoburg otherness
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I can find someone who can do a COE4 spritedump (I've resigned myself to being unable to - I'm assuming because I'm running Python on Windows with .trs extraction scripts written on Linux), I'm planning on using the Little Longdead and Little Soulless sprites to add a hoburg necromancer theme that uses them as PD. Tragically, though, it's still not possible to specify arbitrary national reanimation...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Yup, lack of hoburg longdead and soulless is definitely one of my methods of subverting the Hoburg Way.

But from my helpful Subversion guide (which, by the way, tells exactly whom gets Sirrush, if anybody would bother to read it), I see the following entry on my nation:
Noirbach - Blood for the Blood Gods!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

I'm guessing we won't be starting this until after Christmas? Everybody's busy with preparing and such.

Also, I voted for LA for the chance of getting giant robots, or at least some kind of robot. I was not disappointed :)
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if no one else is suggesting stuff, then it looks like we're doing Sharivar. I'll post the map tonight.

Throne settings? 9/15, all Lvl 1, in keeping with the low site settings? Or do we want lots of high-level ones like in 4.18 so crazy hoburg sacreds can aspire to become absurd hoburg sacreds?

And yeah, I'll probably set up the game but assume we won't start until late weekend/early next week.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't mind lvl1/2 sacred: at least, there wouldn't be too many crazy powerful mages from them.
I don't mind a high number of thrones : the map is huge, and laking in the choke-point department in the East.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's actually a good point. More thrones will make the eastern lands a bit more interesting strategically. Hmm. Do we want to go for a full 20/10 with... say... 24 to win? Or either or none of the prior options? Discuss.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:44:03 pm by E. Albright »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Map link.

Barring loud and convincing protests, I'm going to assume we'll be using the nosites version so as to not undermine the whole "35 sites setting" thing...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Map link.

Barring loud and convincing protests, I'm going to assume we'll be using the nosites version so as to not undermine the whole "35 sites setting" thing...

Awh, but I already know where all the sites are from the sites version and prior experience!  Give me my unfair advantage E. Albright!
Oh, you're only considering protests, not whining.  Then I guess I have no objection.   :P

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say, make it 7/15. No point in making the game unnecessarily extended.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

I suggest 8 or 9 out of 15 (If we're going with 15 Tier 1 thrones, no opinion on that front), 7/15 is just asking for someone to get slightly lucky with throne distribution and then do something crazy like Stygian Path/Astral Travel/Faery Troding their entire army onto the rest simultaneously.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suggest 8 or 9 out of 15 (If we're going with 15 Tier 1 thrones, no opinion on that front), 7/15 is just asking for someone to get slightly lucky with throne distribution and then do something crazy like Stygian Path/Astral Travel/Faery Troding their entire army onto the rest simultaneously.
...which could happen only in late game, be something that you counteract with your own spells, and would be a welcome change from games never actually ending properly.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so.... 11/20 lvl1, or 16 out of 20+5 (30 points, 11 mini thrones) ?
the map is big enough that it should require an empire big enough to get that, even if lucky.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A most humble suggestion:
Implement the Story Mode.  Hoburgs are famous for getting caught up in stories, so it makes sense thematically.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25