Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Unified map - Project coordination thread  (Read 6925 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-project: Unified map - NOW WITH MORE MAP.
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2009, 01:26:30 am »

The demon wars must take place in a different world then.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2009, 04:52:53 am »

The demon wars must take place in a different world then.
I haven't read the thread, but don't those fit in between Olonkulet and Blockedlance?
Anyway, posting new thread now.
EDIT: Yup, it's around 700 AD, the timeline is in the first post.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:09:56 am by Aldaris »
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2009, 05:11:06 am »

What's with all the jreengus?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2009, 05:30:59 am »

What's with all the jreengus?
A little joke that didn't make it into the final thread, but I'm keeping it here for the heck of it.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2009, 08:42:42 am »

If you're inclined to add a goblin fortress to that, Hateslaughter would have arisen by around 160AD in one of the forests nearabouts Nilarzes, so it might show up on the late age map.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2009, 09:09:53 am »

Major non-dwarf settlements should be the next priority, yes. I think we should sprinkle a few generic elven forest retreats around the place, maybe one or two named ones (The ones Olonkulet's Ragna backstory?) and add human civs where they would fit best with those mentioned in the stories.

And Healedabby, of course.

Deranged Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unified map - Project coordination thread
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2009, 11:34:07 am »

Err, apologies, I made a slight typo on the date for the early period, it is supposed to be BAD ~15.  I added Hateslaughter to my files five tiles south and five tiles to the west (edit-re-read Hateslaughter, this might not be the best spot from the description, I might grow some more forests around the mountains and move it slightly north).  It's unfortunate that more people don't branch out with humans and goblins more, one can pretty much drop the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag onto them and go.  Reading Hateslaughter is good fun because it has a different character than most forts.  Healdedabbey will probably end up as some kind of summer retreat for a king of one of the Human empires in the central south/southeast plains.

I don't follow every thread so if you see some details missing that should be on the map, please mention something!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:53:15 pm by Deranged Imp »

Deranged Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2009, 11:26:27 pm »

Alright, brief update to the late period map (retro changes to the early and middle period maps will be ready soon if these changes are approved):

Worked the changes suggested by Mr. Gimp into the new position for Hateslaughter and added Healedabbey to what is to be undoubtedly a large nation of humans in the shrubland/plains in the center-south temperate region.  Anyone interested in pointing out a good place for Reinhammers to sit?

Edit- Aldaris could you include a link to the coordination thread in the official map thread?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:31:08 pm by Deranged Imp »

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2009, 01:36:27 am »

Alright, brief update to the late period map (retro changes to the early and middle period maps will be ready soon if these changes are approved):
-Map-
Worked the changes suggested by Mr. Gimp into the new position for Hateslaughter and added Healedabbey to what is to be undoubtedly a large nation of humans in the shrubland/plains in the center-south temperate region.  Anyone interested in pointing out a good place for Reinhammers to sit?

Edit- Aldaris could you include a link to the coordination thread in the official map thread?
There's already a link from the final thread to the coordination thread here, but I added one the other way as well. I'll add that concept to the first post here, I think it'll work, but maybe color Hateslaughter purple and add the fancy sidebar again?
Also, humans almost always live along coasts and rivers, with this map layout that makes them a strong trading nations, as an idea for a future fort: Maybe a human city at the little land brdige seperating the west and middle oceans? Lots of trade there, but ships can't pass, so a dual harbour and a canal?
Anyway, deranged imp, could you please get MSN? Or google talk or something.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]