Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 269080 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1035 on: July 05, 2016, 07:57:53 am »

"Content statement: That is good to hear. This one hopes Creature of Vines will enjoy his time here."

Go see the creature of vines. Or go and find something a big, ill-tempered construct like this one can help with around here. Or both.
"There's an iron mine nearby, if you are interested. We also have a building project going in the other leg of the Omega. Just follow the arc around to the other side. You'll see some activity along teh outside edge. Ask around for Jereth."

With that, the officer directs you to the location where the vine guy is being tested. It is currently in a second arena, much like the first one you guys saw before, only further around the arc on the inside edge, and actually guarded. You have to present a token the officer gave you to get in, and are presented with a collar you are to wear while inside. You cannot go in without the collar on. I mean, you can try. The guard looks average, and you are certainly bigger than him. He just says you can't.

Add some more blue pain to the first bug.
it twitches and spasms. Some goo comes out of one of it's ends.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 05, 2016, 11:53:38 am »

Blue goo, or normal goo?

Alright, have the second bug touch the first.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 06, 2016, 11:00:12 am »

"statement: this one will comply with the collar, temporarely."

allow collar to be put on, then go visit vine beast and see how he's doing. Afterwards, go see what that building project is all about.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 07, 2016, 05:01:10 am »

Blue goo, or normal goo?

Alright, have the second bug touch the first.
the second suffers no ill effect from touching the first in any place not covered in blue goo. it pushes back when forced to touch the blue. A few small drops appear on it in those spots that make contact.

"statement: this one will comply with the collar, temporarely."

allow collar to be put on, then go visit vine beast and see how he's doing. Afterwards, go see what that building project is all about.
You are led into the arena and at first do not see the vine beast amidst the surprising amount of greenery and the piles of rubble. Then you realize that much of the greenery is moving, squirming around several very large boulders, and in some spots, under the boulders. it looks as if the vine beast is trying to assimilate some boulders the size of horses. it is not succeeding. Several other beings are nearby. One at least is observing and recording the process. You watchfor a few minutes and then make your presence known. the being allows you to communicate with the vine beast, who assures you that it is unharmed and is testing it's limits in exchange for "sunlight and soil" or something like that.

Leaving there, your collar is removed, and you head around to the construction site. you ask around for the guy I mentioned and after a while an orange, six-limbed creature comes down the wall of the canyon to greet you. "A volunteeer? You look sturdy. I am sure we could find work for you here."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 07, 2016, 06:08:31 am »

"Statement: Only until the next mission rolls out, yes. Since this one does not need sleep or food, this one has so many boring hours with nothing else to do around here.
Query: What do you wish for this one to do?
Warning statement: Do not put this one in customer service. It won't end well."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 07, 2016, 08:04:51 pm »

"Customer service? What? never mind. We're building a ... a monastery, for lack of a better term. Up above on the plateau. Go on up and start hauling stone."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 08, 2016, 09:17:13 am »

looks like this one is hauling rocks, then. Haul those rocks with the steady, determined speed only a machine can keep up. Be sure not to post ck any rocks that are too heavy for me, though. Also never take breaks, because what's the point , really?

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 08, 2016, 11:48:30 pm »

Time to clean up this little experiment. Return the borrowed bottles, and destroy the infected insects. Maybe I can use the alchemists' acid?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 11, 2016, 06:21:24 pm »

looks like this one is hauling rocks, then. Haul those rocks with the steady, determined speed only a machine can keep up. Be sure not to post ck any rocks that are too heavy for me, though. Also never take breaks, because what's the point , really?
Up on the plateaus, you see activity in the distance. As you approach, you locate a quarry, where the stones are mined and dressed. You join a crew to haul the stones the old fashioned way - rolling them on logs. Delivering the stones, you note that the monastery is rather sturdy, and quite ugly, especially for a religious building. It looks more like a fortress or prison than a place of contemplative study and prayer. At least, prayer to any of the good gods. You fit in just fine with the work crews, though perhaps you don't share their organic sense of humor. You were never interested in the details of who banged who's mom, and how much of a whore who's mother really was.

Time to clean up this little experiment. Return the borrowed bottles, and destroy the infected insects. Maybe I can use the alchemists' acid?
Acid, to destroy insects? Sure. You careful;ly drop the bugs into a lidded bowl and pour in some acid. the bugs fizzle, and the liquid in the bowl, when it comes into contact with the blue stuff, burns brightly, leaving a strange black sludge behind. The alchemists note the smell fo rot, but you don't breathe so you can't tell. Something about the black sludge is appealing to you, however. Almost as if you wee looking into a pool of dead souls. Which, in a sense, you are. That sense being the literal one, because of the dead bugs, of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 11, 2016, 06:48:21 pm »

Continue working. Rest is for the organic.

In the same dry, monotone manner as always, CLunkers speaks while working.
"Query: Tell me, organics, what is your fascination with the mothers of other organics?"

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 12, 2016, 01:13:33 pm »

"Does this look soothing to anyone else?"

See about obtaining that new sludge, preferably in a new container like a scrying pool or something. If the alchemists want to test it first, let them do that. After that's sorted out, return anything else I've borrowed and stash my samples near the table I started on.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 13, 2016, 09:33:57 am »

Continue working. Rest is for the organic.

In the same dry, monotone manner as always, CLunkers speaks while working.
"Query: Tell me, organics, what is your fascination with the mothers of other organics?"
"it's just that Jonesy's mother here is fascinated with men, that's all. Lots of men, and preferably all at once."
"Asshole."
"That too."

"Does this look soothing to anyone else?"

See about obtaining that new sludge, preferably in a new container like a scrying pool or something. If the alchemists want to test it first, let them do that. After that's sorted out, return anything else I've borrowed and stash my samples near the table I started on.
You can get the sludge in a vial. the alchemists don't have scrying pools to hand out. You get three vials of whatever this is. The Alchemists have little interest in it, which is odd, since they seem to like all things toxic, volatile, or acidic. Something about 'bad mojo' mixing 'tainted byproducts' with their recipes. Everything is stashes and sorted.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 14, 2016, 08:02:52 am »

"Statement: Remarkable.
Query: Do any of you happen to know what exactly it is they are building?"

Continue working, beep boop

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 14, 2016, 10:50:00 am »

"A Place to keep Jonesy's mother's lovers!"

A fight actually breaks out at this. Jonesy is getting the worse of it though.

A quieter fellow nearby, watches the fight disinterestedly for a moment, then says, quietly "I believe it is a place to keep some of our more insane inmates. Not like, 'take over the world' crazy. more like 'babbling nonsense, haunted by the ghosts of the dead, and uncontrollable magical contamination' kind of crazy. You know, the fun guys to have around for a party."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 14, 2016, 06:45:48 pm »

Clunkers converses with the new fellow, while keeping an eye on the fight.

"statement: odd. This one was told it was a temple of sorts.
Query: Are there that many of those in the legion that it warrants a construction of this scale?"
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 194